Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Calendar Doc

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Calendar Doc

Thanks Mike for being so patient with me on this!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Love the wallpapers Ticky but a little to much Joe for a calendar for me.
    Is that possible???? *G*

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Ticky-2 key words there were for me. I can't get it to work on my Microsoft Office anyways because I don't have the full version or something.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Ticky-2 key words there were for me. I can't get it to work on my Microsoft Office anyways because I don't have the full version or something.
    We'll take care of you TBF. Rhonda, do you want the privilege or shall I take it?

Right now, I'm pulling all the dates together in another document that I will place on the back of the cover for quick reference. Will post it when I get it compiled. Several groups now....Birthdays, and a section for artists album release notes, and another for miscellaneous dates like Tommy Bolin's birthday and the Date Walsh announced that he was running for President...

Y'all do know who Tommy Bolin is don't you? Once Walsh left the James Gang, they floundered sort of though many will argue that. Finally, Joe recommended to the Gang that they bring Tommy in. He brought some unbelievable song writing skills as well as enormous talent with the guitar. The resulting album "Bang" was one of the best that the Gang released and as much as I love the Walsh influence, it is a toss-up for me as to whether "Bang" or "Rides Again" was the band's best work! Tommy went on to join Deep Purple and died at a young age. He was a wonder! Listen to "Mystery" and "Alexis" from "Bang" and you'll see what I mean.

MikeA

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I know Willie.. I was reacting to the too much Joe! words that are just foreign to me.. Like "Chocolate? no thanks, I dont care for it." and "You Look great with Guinea Pig hair"

like speaking in tongues...

Lemme see what I can whip up Mike *G*

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I know Willie.. I was reacting to the too much Joe! words that are just foreign to me.. Like "Chocolate? no thanks, I dont care for it." and "You Look great with Guinea Pig hair"

like speaking in tongues...

Lemme see what I can whip up Mike *G*

Cool Rhonda. Thanks.

MikeA

Rhonda and I have been pounding on this a bit today. I think we have put some spit and polish on the concept. There is still work to be done in the way of getting album release dates for Tim, Glenn and Don, but for the most part, we have got the format worked out.

You can get an idea of what the finished product will look like if you go to my profile here and click on the "Calendar Appearance" or on the "Calendar Construction" Albums. I have comments under each picture in each album and tried to get them to be in the correct sequence. Unfortunately, I am a dunce when it comes to working with forum software...my own included. So it looks like I took a handfull of album screen shots and jut threw them out there in no particular order <LOL> Sorry about that. But I think you can get the idea.

I made up one album of screen shots of how the calendar will look when it is fully collated and bound. I called this "Calendar Appearance". You should be able to go directly HERE by clicking...prepare yourself...on HERE!

In another "album" I have put together the sequence that the pages should be collated and called it "Calendar Construction". You can get to it directly by clicking HERE. I have a sequence of screen prints....small, but they do give an idea of the sequence the sheets need to be collated into in order for the calendar to work right when bound.

The idea is to get it so that there is a Photo on the top page when the calendar is opened up and a calendar on the bottom page. To do this, the photo for February (for example) has to be on the back of the calendar page for January.

Right now, I have a Cover Page Photo, and on the back of it, all the dates that are in the calendar as of now.

There is a second page that is blank and intended to be where the dates for album releases will go for Glenn, Tim and Don. There may be room there on that page to put lyrics to a favorite song or something like that. On the back of this page, is the PHOTO for the month of January, 2009.

I think I put in screen shots of the front and back for February and maybe March to give you an idea.

Then, I skipped to the LAST page which is the calendar for the Month of January 2010. On the back of that page, I placed a Year-At-A-Glance calendar for 2009.

If these pages can be organized in the manor described, then all that is left is to get them oriented so they aren't upside down when the calendar is in use and have the copyshop spiral bind them.
    Last edited by MikeA; 11-24-2008 at 05:40 PM.

MikeA

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Rhonda, well done! Excellent pictures. Of course my favourite one is the 'allnighter' one. I'd have that as February for my birthday month! I love the Christmas one as well. But indeed they are all hot, Hot HOT!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I have updated www.mvabercrombie.net/2009calendarsample.doc with release dates of solo works of Don and Glenn and have included for Timothy his solo album release dates as well as his work with Poco and Glad.

On some of the dates, I did not have anything but a Year. On some I had the Year and the Month. If anyone knows or can dig up the complete date on these albums, I will update the notes with that information and place the note in the appropriate place in the calendar.

I did add an insert page, which was needed to eliminate blank pages in the flip-type calendar. There are two of these "inserts". The summerize all of the dates that I have in the calendar.

At this point, the document is now ready for you do download, replace pictures and otherwise customize to your liking. I have not burned the document onto a CD and taken it to a Print Shop yet. I am rather anxious to see if they will have any trouble compiling the calendar from it and am also interested in what they are charging for this service these days.

But before I take it in to have it printed, I think I will wait and see if there are any alterations needed to get the release dates as accurate as possible. Once we have these dates etched in granite, it will be fairly simple to transfer them to a calendar for ANY YEAR. In other words, it will not be nearly so big a task for the next calendar compilation!

ENJOY!

MikeA

The calendar looks great Mike and Rhonda... Thanks for all your hard work on this