Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

Default Re: Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

I've actually spent most of my free time today catching up on all of the old posts I neglected in the last week. That seems to have helped me through another day of PEW.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    I am finding it hard to eat, hard to sleep, and have feelings of sadness, and of missing them. If any of you have any suggestions on how to cope with PEW, I would certainly appreciate it-thanks so much!

Girlfriend this sounds exactly like me after the London show in March. I cried too, a lot. All you can do is what you are doing already, chatting to people playing their music and generally getting as close as you can!

Also try planning for the next show!

'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

HEY stars what state do you live in I live in NC so I'm Going to The One in
    SC U THIINK U CAN JOIN ME?

auntmeda:}

Smile Re: Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

Littlemelly9, I sure wish I could join you and see them in NC! I live in DE, and I am HOPING to go to New Orleans, since hubby and I were planning a trip there anyway in Jan. I told hubby we might as well go when the guys are playing there! He looked at me like I was crazy, but agreed to it. I do have a very understanding husband, which I am so grateful for!

Thumbs up Re: Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

Glennsallnighter,
    Thanks so much for your understanding and support. It's so nice to know that I "am not alone"-Gosh, I do love that song!! Today I went to You Tube and watched several of the videos, and that certainly did cheer me up. I cannot believe how depressed I felt after those concerts! I was really floating around for about two or three days after the last concert, and then I suddenly came crashing down to earth.
    This week-end I attended a record show in Philadelphia, and I found a wonderful old black and white picture of the guys,and also one of Glenn's picture sleeve 45's-"You Belong to the City". Just getting them to add to my collection really cheered me up. I have already framed the picture, and I love to look at it when I wake up. It does cheer me up somewhat! I also put Glenn's picture sleeve on a bookcase near the bed so I can see that when I wake up!
    You guys here on the board are the greatest! Thanks again for being here.

I have found that for the most serious cases of PEW that this is the place to be. I did as everybody else and watched all of the dvds and listened to the cds every chance i got but you gotta be able to talk it out as well and this is definitely the perfect place to do that. Even though it's been almost 3 weeks since i saw the guys in concert i still can't stop talking about it. I've worn out my Eagles talk with everybody I know so this is where i know i can let it all out and i know that all of you on here can relate to the feeling of PEW. Nobody else gets it but true Eagles fans.

Well Stars......the PEW just doesn't get easier. I saw them for the first time September 24 and I still am having a very hard time with it! Everytime I look at my pictures it's hard for me to believe that I was there! And everytime I hear "How Long" it takes me right back and I can feel the excitement that I felt when they came out on stage and I made my friends leg black & blue. oops! lol Sadly.....my only relief is in begging two different concert venues in the state to bring them in. A friend and I are actually plotting a newspaper write in/article and possibly even requests to the radio stations to help. Yes.....I am truly that desperate.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I guess if you want to get technical, I've have PEW for over 5 years now.

And Maleah, good luck on your campaign to get the guys to South Dakota. Go for it!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    Glennsallnighter,
    Thanks so much for your understanding and support. It's so nice to know that I "am not alone"-Gosh, I do love that song!! Today I went to You Tube and watched several of the videos, and that certainly did cheer me up. I cannot believe how depressed I felt after those concerts! I was really floating around for about two or three days after the last concert, and then I suddenly came crashing down to earth.
    This week-end I attended a record show in Philadelphia, and I found a wonderful old black and white picture of the guys,and also one of Glenn's picture sleeve 45's-"You Belong to the City". Just getting them to add to my collection really cheered me up. I have already framed the picture, and I love to look at it when I wake up. It does cheer me up somewhat! I also put Glenn's picture sleeve on a bookcase near the bed so I can see that when I wake up!
    You guys here on the board are the greatest! Thanks again for being here.
    Actually, it sounds like you've taken some positive action steps! That sounds pretty cool. From what era is the B&W photo taken? Have you seen any similar shots here on the Border or related sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    Well Stars......the PEW just doesn't get easier. I saw them for the first time September 24 and I still am having a very hard time with it! Everytime I look at my pictures it's hard for me to believe that I was there! And everytime I hear "How Long" it takes me right back and I can feel the excitement that I felt when they came out on stage and I made my friends leg black & blue. oops! lol Sadly.....my only relief is in begging two different concert venues in the state to bring them in. A friend and I are actually plotting a newspaper write in/article and possibly even requests to the radio stations to help. Yes.....I am truly that desperate.
    Actually, although you may classify it as desperate, it seems like a really good move. I would think if Irving got wind of a campaign in a particular state to get the Eagles in, it would make sense to try to book them a concert date there. They certainly are playing multiple cities in other states such as the Carolinas; why not spread the wealth, so to speak?