Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    Glennsallnighter,
    Thanks so much for your understanding and support. It's so nice to know that I "am not alone"-Gosh, I do love that song!! Today I went to You Tube and watched several of the videos, and that certainly did cheer me up. I cannot believe how depressed I felt after those concerts! I was really floating around for about two or three days after the last concert, and then I suddenly came crashing down to earth.
    This week-end I attended a record show in Philadelphia, and I found a wonderful old black and white picture of the guys,and also one of Glenn's picture sleeve 45's-"You Belong to the City". Just getting them to add to my collection really cheered me up. I have already framed the picture, and I love to look at it when I wake up. It does cheer me up somewhat! I also put Glenn's picture sleeve on a bookcase near the bed so I can see that when I wake up!
    You guys here on the board are the greatest! Thanks again for being here.
    Good girl! way to go!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Good luck, Maleah! I'm impressed that you're not just hoping they'll come to your state, you're trying to make it happen.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

KK STARS!!!!

auntmeda:}

Smile Re: Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

EV, I think the black and white photo was taken around 1974. Is that when Don Felder joined the band? He is in the photo. From left to right: Bernie, Glenn with folded arms, long hair (no facial hair) and a huge grin on his face, Don H. with his 'fro, no facial hair, looking serious, Randy, and Don F. kind of behind Randy a bit. I have never seen this photo online, but I'm sure it's somewhere. If anyone knows the photo I described and can post it, that would be great!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Stars - Soda has this pic in the EaglesOnlineCentral photo gallery. Is it your picture that you are describing? If not, there is another very similar shot in the gallery, but it was too huge to post on the board. However, here is the link if you want to check it out:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/.../borderera.htm

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Smile Re: Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

Dreamer,
    YES!! That is the picture I found at the record show last week-end! Thank you so much for posting it-I had no idea it was in Soda's picture gallery. I guess there are so many wonderful pictures of the guys, it's hard to keep up with them all.
    Do you know if that picture is from 1974? I love how happy Glenn looks!

Yep Stars - I believe that pic was taken in '74. As far as other pics, trust me, Soda has a huge number of pictures of the guys from all eras on EOC, as well as, all of their individual sites. You could spend many hours staring at all of that eye candy, and, yes, I am speaking from experience.

I have two observations on how PEW has affected my daily life. Realizing that whenever he comes home for dinner my laptop is open to The Border, yesterday my hubby claimed that I had now gone from fan to stalker! And this is from someone who hasn't read a word from this site, and has NO idea about the Sign Escapade, the Chocolate Smuggling, nor any of you as a matter of fact (because you are all in it as deep as I am, if not deeper...) And when he learned that I had brought a camera into the arenas, I think he was about to turn me in to the local authorities...he was truly shocked that I would've even tried it, never mind succeeded! (I didn't tell him that the Eagles didn't mind...)

The other incident had me chuckling when I realized the repercussions of this on the economy... I have inadvertently started using Eagles tickets as a unit of currency. Earlier this week, my kitchen sink/garbage disposal unit malfunctioned, so the water couldn't drain out. This precluded my using the dishwasher, as well as washing dishes by hand (which I didn't want to do anyway.) When hubby tinkered around with it briefly one night unsuccessfully, I called in a plumber I found in the yellow pages, and
    it cost me $400 to get it repaired yesterday ! (I'm sure I got ripped off, but I was at his mercy by this time--no more dishes left to use.) Immediately I thought to myself, "Wow, that's 2 Eagles tickets, and this guy was only here 40 minutes!" What I wouldn't give to have the Eagles spend 6 hours using up my $400 instead! I wonder if they do dishes?

PS Stars, great picture!

evet - that is hilarious.

If you want to know how PEW has affected my life, look no farther than my previous post #35 in this thread. When Stars described her picture, I thought, "oh, I think I may know which picture she is talking about". And then, yes - I went right to it on the site.

I know I am pathetic, but still ....

(And OBTW - I have an excuse because I've been around here for a long time).
    And besides - I the Eagles!!!