Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

Default Re: Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

Dreamer, I did think that of you finding that pix from Stars' description...it was like you were going back to an old family photo album for a school class project or something!

LOL Ev. My Mum used to have photographs of Marti Pellow sneakily slotted in between our family snaps. We always used to tease her about it. Having said that, the other day I was showing a workmate some photos from my holiday on my phone, and suddenly Long Run Don popped up! I was so embarrassed! "That's my sister, that's her boyfriend, that's my Mum, that's...er...Don Henley..."

On a more serious note, hang in there, Stars. At the moment I'd give anything for a dose of PEW (seeing as that would mean I'd actually seen the guys live!) but I totally understand how it must feel. I had very similar feelings with Morrissey - I'm sure it would be a thousand times worse after an Eagles gig. It sounds like you're doing all the right things. I'd say a complete overdose is the way to go!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

That's pretty funny about exposing your Don photo to the outside world!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I might as well fess up also.

~It's pretty bad when your daughter comes out of your bedroom and says "Mom's Eagles shrine seems to be getting bigger" to her father.

~You have an Eagles picture as a bookmark in your cheap trashy romance novel.

~When you have your ipod (that holds 1500 songs) on shuffle and it plays an Eagles songs (or one of their solo works) at least every 3rd or 4th song.

~When you pull up your email and 90% of the emails are informing you that someone has posted a reply on The Border to a topic you posted to.

~When you have more pictures downloaded on your computer of The Eagles than anything else, including family pics.

Need I go on?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post

~It's pretty bad when your daughter comes out of your bedroom and says "Mom's Eagles shrine seems to be getting bigger" to her father.

~When you have your ipod (that holds 1500 songs) on shuffle and it plays an Eagles songs (or one of their solo works) at least every 3rd or 4th song.

~When you pull up your email and 90% of the emails are informing you that someone has posted a reply on The Border to a topic you posted to.

~When you have more pictures downloaded on your computer of The Eagles than anything else, including family pics.

Need I go on?
    Apparently, some may see this as stalker material (not I). (jk)
    I opted out of the email notification for that very reason...I had a feeling it might get out of hand.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Need I go on?
    Ditto, except my shrine's in the living room, my 5 yr old can name every member, past and present, of the Eagles, what instrument they play and knows what they look like (she draws pictures of them! and she's pretty good!) and talks about Joe like he's a family member. My Ipod, which used to be filled with audio books is down to 3 audio books and the rest is Eagles/Joe with one play list consisting of about 20 songs of mixed artists (but about 8 of those songs are Eagles) and my Joe/Eagles file is currently up to nearly 3 gigs (but that includes ripped music..)

yep.. PAHHHH-thetic..

Need I go on?
    It eases my mind to know that i'm not alone in all of this, and not just with what Willie posted either. Lou, the same thing with the phone happened to me and Dreamer, I knew what picture she was talking about before i scrolled down to it.

I loved your list, TBF--I'm right there with you.
    My daughters and I talk about Don like he's a family member too. They will say "Remember two years ago, when Mom went to see Don in Dallas?" or "That was when Mom & Rachel saw Don at the Hard Rock Park."

Smile Re: Going through PEW! Please HELP!!

I do find that adding to my shrine has been helping a lot with PEW! I've been framing lots of pictures-they were all of Glenn, but little by little, I'm adding some Don pictures too. And of course I have the one of all of them I found at the record show. So far, not a word from hubby about the shrine-lol!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Stars-if I remember right-you said your husband is pretty understanding. I don't know how long you've been married, but I believe that eventually they just learn to shake their heads and walk away. Anyways, after 20 years of marriage, my husband realized long ago that this obsession with all things Eagles wasn't going away and he would just have to live with it! Smart Man!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low