Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hiya Everybody!

Default Re: Hiya Everybody!

From a fellow twenty something (24, i'll be 25 next month), I would also like to say Welcome Thomas. I'm the same way as you, I often find that i relate more to those older than me. One of my closest friends is 40, she's also a co-worker and understands my Eagles craziness. I've been told many times that I have an old soul, mostly because of my taste in music and i'm not immature like some of the people i know that are around my age. I think it's great that you play the guitar. I'm sure i've said this on here before but being musically inclined is one talent that i wish I had. Sheet music is like reading chinese to me and I can't sing worth a darn. Although i am amazing when i'm singing in the car and no one is around

Border Desperado

I must be doing something wrong, my eldest Daughter is 18 and at Uni in Bedford in the UK, to her I am the most uncool thing ever, she used to love the Eagles, when she was small I drumed it into her, likewise her sister, now when I play it which is everyday, I really do mean everyday it's not only the wife that moans, but both kids as well ? you just cannot buy class, both my 2 @ 8 & 18 have no class, well on music anyhow ?

Gary

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaleymom View Post
    wow - talk about feeling old..... geesh! I shouldn't even be ON this board!!!! My 18 year old daughter even thought I was nuts! Let's just say I beat you all............ (but all my daughter's and 24 year old son's friends still think I'm cool.... does that count?)
    D*mn Right that counts!!!! I have actually overheard my kids tell people they have the coolest parents! I was pretty proud of that since they are 16 and 18. My daughter has told me that if I ever start dressing like a "soccer mom" she will disown me.No chance of that I assure her! You are only as old as you feel or act.

I know what you mean tho--my kids think it is hilarious that Mom is on a couple of message boards! Katie says she is happy I am now tho-because without a little encouragement from Soda, I probably never would have driven and made the 5 hour trip to see the Eagles in Cincinnati! Gave Katie her first ever rock concert which also happened to be one of her favorite bands.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by ochiba kid 1 View Post
    I must be doing something wrong, my eldest Daughter is 18 and at Uni in Bedford in the UK, to her I am the most uncool thing ever, she used to love the Eagles, when she was small I drumed it into her, likewise her sister, now when I play it which is everyday, I really do mean everyday it's not only the wife that moans, but both kids as well ? you just cannot buy class, both my 2 @ 8 & 18 have no class, well on music anyhow ?

Gary

Actually...I think you have done exactly what you need to do as a parent. If your kids dont wonder away from the way you raised them at some point...then you have failed! its the fact that they are curious enough to search for other things. And although they didnt end up with your musical taste...doesnt mean they didnt end up with a little bit of you in their heads. I am probably wrong...but that sounds good to me! haha.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

*G* ssokay Gary, my 18 yr old thinks Im totally embarassing and BECAUSE I'm infatuated with the Eagles, she doesnt like them.. ANYMORE... I need to add that because she went with me to the concert in 03 and LOVED them then. HOWEVER, she's now enthralled with Bob Dylan, so its more of a rebellion thing with her then her actual tastes *G*

Border Desperado

Mr Hick from hell, you talk a lot of sense for a young guy, credit to you and your upbringing, keep rocking

Gary

Out on the Border

Thanks Gary! I am a very hard thinker...I always question everything and want to know everything. That doesnt mean I DO know everything...it just means I never stop wondering about things. My mom and dad taught me to be a thinker...and question everything. It seems to me that that isnt something that happens too much amongst my age group! Oh well...at least there are some of us youngin's out there that are still that way.

-Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by hickfromhell View Post
    Thanks Gary! I am a very hard thinker...I always question everything and want to know everything.
    Do Not stop that Thomas. If there are 999 people who have one opinion and you have another, assume that the 999 people are dead wrong! You won't win a lot of friends, but it will force you to critically analyze your own methodology in arriving at conclusions and if you maintain your original conclusion, then you thought outside the box and have seen something the rest have missed.

But in doing that, do be ready to see where you might have made a mistake leading YOU to drawing the wrong conclusion.

By the way, that pretty much describes the thought process of 99% of the good programmer analyst in the business of working with computers! We take nothing on blind faith and double check every routine for accuracy using every possible combination of variables before pronouncing a routine bulletproof. A stuborn lot we are

MikeA

Out on the Border

MakeA...very true! I completely get where you are coming from! And I am very much like that...I am willing to be corrected if I have made a mistake. Dont women love that in a man? haha.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hickfromhell View Post
    MakeA...very true! I completely get where you are coming from! And I am very much like that...I am willing to be corrected if I have made a mistake. Dont women love that in a man? haha.
    He sings it high, he plays it low