Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Atlantic City, NJ 7-28-06

Stuck on the Border

Default Atlantic City, NJ 7-28-06

Just got home safe and sound. I'm unbelieveably tired, so this will be short.

I thought we had great seats in Orillia -but our seats last night were nearly perfect. 3rd row -my seat smack dab in front of Glenn!

We got to go up by the stage again after "You Belong to the City" for the last 4 or 5 songs. Again, thought I was close in Canada, but somehow last night, it was like the Red Sea parted and I found myself literally standing right at Glenn's feet. The stage was lower and I believe if I had wanted to (well, that's a fib, of course I wanted to) reach out and touch a shoe or pants leg, I think I could have. Incredible self control on my part, dontcha think?

Yup, purple jacket (lots of spit goobers on the lapel), striped white, purple, green button up shirt and jeans! Worn jeans! Two holes by the butt pockets, lots of fraying and wear in interesting locations (I told you, I was really really close up).

As good as the show was last Saturday, I think those of us there agreed, he took it up a few more notches last night. A lot of it had to do with a very energetic and fun crowd. Same set list as last week, but a lot more smiling especially with the rest of the band.

Karen Z had a Scottie moment, but I'll let her tell you all about that!

Oh, and yet another surprise appearance by Peter Schwetty!

I really liked the new blouse I bought to wear last night. It's a shame I can't wear it again, don't dare wash all that spit off of it!

Char took some spectacular picture! Can't wait to see them posted.

More details to follow when my brain shifts out of 1st gear.

Default Re: Glenn does Atlantic City!!!

Thank you so much! I've been dying for details. Sounds like a great show. Holy crap, worn jeans, extra energy, stage rush... what more can one ask for?!

~

Thanks for the review! Great details and I can't wait for the photos!

I'm so excited to read this review that I'm doing it blatantly in front of husband! So close to Glenn's jeans...and who managed to see they were button flies . I do hope the photos turn out.

I had a Glenn moment tonight when they played someone else's version of 'I Hear You Knocking'. Husband has just bought an iPod and is busy loading up tracks. I had to show off that I had a version of that track already on my mp3 player!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

I will defend those beautiful suits forever. I like the jeans too, but he looks so suave in a suit. That's just my opinion. Glad you all had a good time.

Stuck on the Border

Bree must have told you they jeans were button fly, Nancy. I forgot to mention that.

The stage seemed lower at AC so standing right in front of Glenn's mike stand, I was somewhat closer to being eye level with the ummm...the button fly. :b As I was standing there, it occurred to me to take a chest hair count, or a thread count on the worn areas of the jeans, but I did manage to peel my eyes away every now and then and look around.

Glenn did the "front end adjustment" thing again during Desperado. Geez, he doesn't even try to hide it. After taking a poll of the men in my house, they defended him saying, when it needs adjusting it needs adjusting.

Luckily, I had the self composure to not burst into gales of laughter -unlike my three companions standing around me who squealed like little school girls. Thank goodness, at least one of us was mature! I know I had a grin on my face, though!

Eh, m0lly, it was the grin on your face that made us laugh so hard!

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
    Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
    I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
    In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Stuck on the Border

Oh great! I was afraid of that! See, that is why I do not play poker -I just can't hide it well!

What is it about that song?!!
    Oh, and I'm still grinning!
    So am I!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay ladies - I'll try to do a brain dump and see what else I can think to tell you about A/C. I'm warning you - my attention to detail sometimes sucks. I am more of a "big picture" kind of person. And trust me - from where we were standing it was a very "big picture." I knew it was going to be a great night when I saw Glenn standing in the shadows as he was being introduced and I spotted those J E A N S. One of my Prelude to Obsurity dreams had come true. However, I didn't even notice that they were button fly jeans. I guess I just assumed they were. I thought Glenn wears mostly button flies when performing these days (as security precaution you know).

Glenn may not have been taking his Dammitall Friday night since he didn't mention it. I was thinking one of the side effects may be the need for frequent front-end adjustments since this time I saw it for myself. I'm still trying to get my left eyeball back in the socket and the smile may be permanently etched on my face.
    Luckily, I had the self composure to not burst into gales of laughter -unlike my three companions standing around me who squealed like little school girls. Thank goodness, at least one of us was mature! I know I had a grin on my face, though!
    BTW - does anyone know who this person is posting under MOlly's screen name? We are going to have to keep a close watch on MOlly since she is in possession of the shirt with Glenn's DNA spit samples. I'm not aware that I got any spit on my shirt, but since I was standing right next to MOlly, maybe I should take it to the cloning lab for testing just to be on the safe side. BTW - the smile on my face got even bigger when Glenn bent over and purposely gave us a butt shot. You all should have heard some of the noises from some women - not me, of course. He also 'modeled' to show us the lime green lining in the purple jacket.

As we posted on Eagleland, we got lots of attention from some of the band members, especially Jonathan and Danny. I think they may have recognized us after 3 shows of being right up front. And, of course, most of you probably already read about another missed opportunity when we did not realize that Scott was in the bar that we were in and we missed him!

This is all I can think of right now. I'm sure PGW will be setting in soon, and I may think of some shallow things as the meds begin to kick in.

Oh - just one more thing - Glenn also sang some songs Friday night.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...