Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Atlantic City, NJ 7-28-06

Default Re: Glenn does Atlantic City!!!

Thanks for the brain dump. Feel free to add anything if you think of it later. Didn't say the Dammital bit, huh? It was pretty funny! Anything new take its place or did we just breeze past it into the next song?

~

Stuck on the Border

Cool x 1,000,000. Thanks everybody.

Border Desperado

You know, I just thought of the Dammitall thing today! I have to go back through and read everything that has already been written...my attention to detail is great but I don't want to repeat anything already said!

Siiiiiggghhhhh...the button front jeans. I still can't believe I was actually close enough to pick up on that....

-----

~*Going to Hell in a Honda since July 20 2006!!!*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"
    Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."
    Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..."

Border Desperado

Two holes by the butt pockets, lots of fraying and wear in interesting locations (I told you, I was really really close up).
    SIIIIIIGGGHHHHH I noticed this too. I think those were the same jeans he was wearing when I met him at Mt Pleasant!!! Though being more eye level with, you know, his EYES, I couldn't really pick out the, ah, finer points of them until Atlantic City. LOL, I was the one who told Nancy about the button fly, I left a long gushing message on her machine right after the show and I think that was one of the first things I said.

And re: the giggling... HAHAHAHAHA! I'm sorry... Hey, if it makes you feel better, everyone else was at least QUIET. *I* was the one who audibly laughed between verses. LOL! It was just so obvious...and then I looked over and all the rest of you were grinning and giggling...and...!

This was a FANTASTIC show. He was obviously in a great mood, and so was the audience--this was similar to Mt Pleasant in that I heard some shouted requests for River of Dreams! Well, there was a lot of shouting anyhow, really, haha...at one point, Glenn said "You know, I really didn't intend on this being so much of an audience participation thing, but that seems to be what it's turning into"...to a deafening cheer from us participants. He then said "Well, you do what you want, it's your dollar, people!" and shrugged. LOL!

Hmm...I'm still exhausted from my 48 hours of travelling...I recall snatches here and there, but nothing in order. When doing the pre-TITTL speech, he was talking about having been married for 16 years, and then said "Yah, things are going pretty good for me..." to a loud cheer...and then something like "And now I'm gonna screw it all up!" or something like that, LOL, maybe "Don't know how I'm gonna screw it all up" but 'I'm gonna screw it all up' was definitely the ending. If you care to screw it up, Sugar, well....okay, I won't go there.

He didn't make the Dammitall comment this time and no, nothing took it's place...didn't say anything about Miami Vice either. I think he was trying to speed things up just a little bit through the middle of the show, YBTTC and SB ran right together, no Miami Vice comment or commentary on the return to Original SB Arrangement.

It took him awhile to get through the opener of "I'll Come Runnin' Back To You" because he chose this night to reveal that Eddie Hinton was Joe Walsh's roadie...and everytime he said "Joe Walsh" this HUGE cheer went up...so he would go back and repeat himself...and the cheer would go up again...and he just burst out laughing and said "God, these people will scream at anything!" to another deafening cheer... So he revised it next time around, "Anyway, A ROADIE..."...which only served to crack everyone up and then make everyone cheer again. It was really cute, he was just smiling away.

At the end of Lyin' Eyes, I think, after he'd already done his "I'm not saying I'm quitting, but I can see the train at the end of the tunnel" (which doesn't make sense, by the way, what's with the train, where's the light?! LOL) thing...which got a resounding "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" from everyone by the way...some guy down front screamed "DON'T STOP, GLENN, YOU STILL GOT IT!!!" Glenn pointed at him and said "I still got it, yes, thank you!!!" Which you can only imagine what that did to us 'scream at anything' people.

I couldn't believe there was a stagerush!!! That venue NEVER does stage rushes, EVER. I have a couple friends who went there to see Stevie Nicks last summer and Stevie does a thing at the end of every show where people are allowed to come forward and try to grab her hand, and she grabs as many as she can (including mine last summer in Detroit, eee!). Well, the Borgata stopped people from going...the first 3 rows managed to jump up there but they all got in trouble...they REALLY didn't like it and that is part of every show Stevie does. Meanwhile, it's not part of Glenn's shows, it's a Rama tradition but that's it...but there went everybody just wandering on up to the front!!! So during The Heat Is On, some girl from my section made her way down, so I and this intrepid girl from my row did as well, and she blazed a trail through everyone else and dropped me off RIGHT in front of Glenn. Once I stopped staring in awe, I looked to my right and saw M0lly, Kay and Karen over there too!!! Aaah! I still cannot believe it... M0lly, you are too right, I thought I was close at Rama on Friday as well...nonono. I was directly in front of the man himself, and the stage was definitely quite low....siiiiiiigh. Like I told her after, oh Miss Lucky Lady of the Spit-Laden Shirt, before that girl dropped me in front of Glenn I looked over and saw him spitting, haha, and was extremely jealous of whomever happened to be getting spit upon...then when I found out they were friendly, I was just happy for her. LOL!

We definitely did get tons of smiles...HAHAHA...I looked over at Will Hollis, the keyboardist at one point, and well, I don't know if I can tell this story, Nancy, if you'll allow me to tell everyone why he said this, I will, HAHA, but he grinned, mouthed "Elevator" and gave me a thumbs up. Don't ask...we did something silly at Rama and clearly he was still amused by it. I swear I did make eye contact with the Man himself at least once...he was looking RIGHT at all of us for quite awhile during Heartache Tonight. We were most definitely recognized and remembered. Trust me on this one.

Oh, there was more, I know there was more, but I can't recall right now...I'll be coming up with them for the next day or so as I come back down from Cloud 9 000 000, LOL, and I'll let you know as I remember more!

-----

Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..."

Border Desperado

Gah. I popped over to Livejournal for 2 seconds, and what happens, I remember something else...

When Glenn was talking about the Eagles album... "We've been working on an album for quite awhile..." there was a HUUUUGE cheer. He laughed and said "What?! That's nothing to cheer about!!! If I said it was done and it was coming out, that'd be something to cheer about...and of course, then I wouldn't *be* here, but...geez..." This was before "I Love To Watch A Woman Dance" and I think just after this he said his little "Okay, I can't talk to you now." LOL...so yah.

I think really, his repeated "Don't know when I'll be back here again" comments are more referring to the fact that he seems to want to actually get going on this album and get it out there...which I think he was sort of alluding to just a little bit with that "then I wouldn't be here" comment. I think he's doing these shows in the meantime, and once things start happening with that, he'll be fully focused on being in the studio and then doing whatever promo stuff and touring comes out of the new album. I don't think he means it as 'he won't be doing this again' type thing...I think that if the album is no closer to being done next summer, we could totally see this happening again. I'm not an optimist, just reading between the lines a little...I guess time will tell.

Alright, Bree, walk the dog and hit the sack before you pass out on your computer keyboard...

-----

Border Desperado

Something else I just remembered... Glenn kept referring to his solo albums as "Prelude to Obscurity 3", that sort of thing, not by name (like at the other shows where he said 'Some Kind of Blue' was from Soul Searchin').

Then when he was saying that if 'I Love To Watch A Woman Dance' wasn't on the Eagles album he'd have to put it on his next solo album, he said "I'll just have to make 'Prelude to Obscurity 4' and put it on there"...

1. No Fun Aloud

2. Allnighter

3. Soul Searchin'

4. Strange Weather

(5. Solo Collection)

Ummmm...honey...don't let us distract you, or anything, and don't look now...but this would actually be 5 or 6 depending on how you look at it...

As well, unlike the other shows and last year's Rama show, he introduced The One You Love as being from "my first solo album No Fun Aloud" a la Dublin, NOT "which I should've called Prelude to Obscurity". I just like the way he says "Aloud" for some reason, I think it's cute...LOL, I dunno, I'm Canadian with a muddled Canadi-Midwester-Southerner accent, it's cute to me...so I was happy to hear that.

Edit! LOL, it's all coming back to me (I remember conversations I had 20 years ago, it's stupid the things I remember)... At one point *very* early on, somebody copycatted me. And by this I mean...a guy I'd say close to the middle of the audience, on the far right, yelled "NICE JACKET GLENN!!" or something... Glenn stopped and went "It is a nice jacket, yes, thank you, and check out that lining!!" and opened it up to show off the lining, LOL!!!!! So there is now Pink Coat Girl and Purple Coat Guy, out there somewhere.

Edit the Second! After this I ought to sleep, hehe, I was up for like 2 and a half days straight, then slept for 5 hours and got up again to work...at some point I'm just going to fall into a bed and stay there for a week... After Peaceful Easy Feelin', before the Lyin' Eyes intro, Glenn was drinking his ever-present Gatorade and said "Yes, this is the new representative of Gatorade here tonight, I'm leading the Gatorade ad campaign" or something similar...LOL, so I guess it occured to him the other night that he *should* be getting the promo contract for it, and now he's just deemed himself to have that title.

Really, I should be in bed...

Gah...Edit the Third! LOLOL...I forgot to mention, I took 4 pictures...only one of which I expect to come out at all, but we'll see. Another thing that differed from what I heard of the Stevie Nicks Borgata show...*nobody* cared about taking photos. Wish I'd known that, I would've just stood up and really *tried* to take a good shot, but I finished off my film before it became obvious that security didn't give a crap! Ah well...I'll get the pics developed as soon as I can (probably Friday) and we'll see if I got anything.

Really, I'm sleeping now. Really.

-----

eaglesfans

The Eagles album is coming out in February and then the Eagles plan a big US tour so Glenn's going to be busy with that for the next couple of summers, at least.

<blockquote>Quote:<hr>I think really, his repeated "Don't know when I'll be back here again" comments are more referring to the fact that he seems to want to actually get going on this album and get it out there...which I think he was sort of alluding to just a little bit with that "then I wouldn't be here" comment. I think he's doing these shows in the meantime, and once things start happening with that, he'll be fully focused on being in the studio and then doing whatever promo stuff and touring comes out of the new album. I don't think he means it as 'he won't be doing this again' type thing...I think that if the album is no closer to being done next summer, we could totally see this happening again. I'm not an optimist, just reading between the lines a little...I guess time will tell.<hr></blockquote>

</p>

Awesome, Lisa - is it really going to happen at last?

Thanks for all your comments, Bree.

It's all very exciting!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Border Desperado

The Eagles album is coming out in February and then the Eagles plan a big US tour so Glenn's going to be busy with that for the next couple of summers, at least.
    Works for me!

One more thing I forgot...we wouldn't let him alone with his "don't know when I'll be back here" thing...so he said "It doesn't mean... Oh okay, okay, then this is 'Prelude to Obscurity' for EVERYONE, then!" LOL. Poor guy, getting so much grief...but I think he knows now that nobody wants him to be obscure!

-----

Stuck on the Border

"Yah, things are going pretty good for me..." to a loud cheer...and then something like "And now I'm gonna screw it all up!" or something like that, LOL, maybe "Don't know how I'm gonna screw it all up" but 'I'm gonna screw it all up' was definitely the ending.
    I'm pretty sure he said "and I don't want to screw it up" since he preceded it with such a sweet little golf analogy about Cindy.