Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Atlantic City, NJ 7-28-06

Default Re: Glenn does Atlantic City!!!

That's nice!

~~~

This way to happiness...

eaglesfans

It was Scott who said "sometime in February" for the album. I think they can finally move foward with it now that it looks like the Felder lawsuit has been settled.

</p>

Oh man he mouthed "ELEVATOR"! Crap. Well, I've told this story to a few people already, but here it is in total:

OK, so some of you may have noticed I can get a bit hyper and dweeby. And I did this in grand style in the Rama elevator. See, we happened to get on the same elevator as Danny Grenier and Will Hollis. OK, so we all see them, and I meet Danny's eyes, and he smiles. Not sure how to respond, I went into "amped-up hyper Nancy" mode. My eyes got all wide and I started talking full-speed ahead. "Hey guys! Great show! I know I probably sound like a dweeb but really, great show!"

Oh, but it gets worse. There was a lady on the elevator who happened to be getting out on the 2nd floor. Lissa was in front of her. The doors opened and Lissa got out to let her out, and being the brilliant girl that I am, I figured it was our floor and I got out too. Then I saw the pool and realized it wasn't our floor. I yelled "WAIT! This isn't our floor!" and I turned around and saw Lissa staring at my display and again repeated loudly "This isn't our floor! This isn't our floor!" By now poor Danny and Will and whoever was in there with them started shaking their heads and grinning and laughing. Bree saw Lissa and I were out there and decided to just jump out and join us so we don't hold the elevator. "But we're on the wrong floor!" I tell her as she jumps out. Danny leans over to punch the button but someone - Bree? - says "We've held you up enough" and they let the doors close.

OH THE HUMILIATION. Take this lesson of what NOT to do people - not that anyone else would!

Later that night, when I got up front at the stage, Danny actually saw me and pointed and me and shook his head, smiling. I kind of shrugged then looked away. Oh yeah, I was memorable alright.

Bree - I think Will said something about the album coming out around Valentine's Day to someone in Atlantic City. Or maybe it was Scott? I have a terrible memory for these things, but someone posted it on Eagleland somewhere. Sounds like Glenn was just being jokingly pessimistic, lol. Edit: I see that question has already been answered!

~

Interesting news about the album - sounds like it might actually happen!

Nancy, your adventures in the elevator cracked me up - just the sort of thing that would happen to me!!

~~~

This way to happiness...

I couldn't believe there was a stagerush!!! That venue NEVER does stage rushes, EVER. ..... Meanwhile, it's not part of Glenn's shows, it's a Rama tradition but that's it
    Going up to the stage has been a tradition at concerts for as long as I have been atttending them, which goes back to when some of you were still in diapers.

So during The Heat Is On, some girl from my section made her way down, so I and this intrepid girl from my row did as well, and she blazed a trail through everyone else and dropped me off RIGHT in front of Glenn. Once I stopped staring in awe, I looked to my right and saw M0lly, Kay and Karen over there too!!! Aaah! I still cannot believe it... M0lly, you are too right, I thought I was close at Rama on Friday as well...nonono. I was directly in front of the man himself, and the stage was definitely quite low....
    Wow, I seem to recall M0llly be right in front of Glenn with Dreamer just to her right and I was against the stage between Glenn and Will. I also remember seeing you on the far left and one or two people back from the stage, which supports your comment about looking to the right and seeing us. Or maybe my attention to detail isn't what it used to be....

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
    Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
    I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
    In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

We were actually told before the show began that they would be letting us up front after YBTTC so as soon as he started playing it, I was watching for the green light. As soon as I saw it, we made a go for it, which is how we got the 'prime' location directly in front of Glenn. I know the stage was a lot lower at the Borgata because in Rama there was one guy in front of me. He offered to let me stand in front of him right at the foot of the stage. However, I didn't want to because I would have had to look up too much. We had to look up a little in A/C, but not that much. BTW - it was quite a lovely sight as I recall.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for all the stories. Such detail.

Border Desperado

Wow, I seem to recall M0llly be right in front of Glenn with Dreamer just to her right and I was against the stage between Glenn and Will.
    Yup...you're right on! I started off on the very far left, left even of Danny Grenier...but then Intrepid Blonde said "C'mon, we can do better!" and blazed us right through and I wound up directly behind and a little to the left of M0lly. I got there AFTER the spit, unfortunately.

HAHAHAHA Nancy...yes, that was me who told them not to hold the elevator, and oh my God I almost died when Will did that at AC. Danny leaned over to hit the 'door open' button and Will just looked at me questioningly, so I just smiled and shook my head and said "Don't worry, I already held you up once" (we got to the elevator after they were already in it and the doors were shut, and they re-opened when I hit the button). Then I said "See you tonight" and Will and Danny said "Bye, ladies!" LOL.

That DOES sound promising about the album!!! Score!

And M0lly, yah, I think that is what he said. I couldn't really hear, there were tons of drunk people in my section, so I sort of substituted it in my mind with something I'd say... "Things are going great so I'm sure I'll screw up somehow!" He was so sweet with that though...

What he said preceding that was "So I took a marriage mulligan, and just so you all know, I hit it straight down the center the second time around..." And then was talking about how she is Mrs Right, etcetera. So sweet.

-----

~*Going to Hell in a Honda since July 20 2006!!!*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"
    Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."
    Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..."

Border Desperado

We were actually told before the show began that they would be letting us up front after YBTTC
    Gah...wow, my bad luck with security just follows me around! LOL, I asked if they'd let us forward, even though my friends who saw Stevie Nicks there had already told me about their bad experience with trying to go forward...and the guard said "Absolutely not".

YBTTC...eh...they could've flashed a giant sign over the stage saying "COME FORWARD NOW IF YOU WANT TO!" and I wouldn't have noticed.....the guy next to me at one point just looked over at me and said to the girl with him, "Uh...I think she's in a trance." So cool that you knew when to look for it though and that there would be an opportunity...I'm SO glad you guys got to be so close!!!! So very very awesome!

-----

~*Going to Hell in a Honda since July 20 2006!!!*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"
    Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."
    Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..."

Me too. I'm lapping up every detail. I suppose we all hope to see him and meet him one day,,,

~~~

This way to happiness...