Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Atlantic City, NJ 7-28-06

Default Re: Glenn does Atlantic City!!!

TITTL came on today as I was driving home. The song was never one of my favorites until last Friday. It gave me goose bumps to hear the whole audience sing in complete unison with Glenn on this number. I'll probably never hear it again without thinking about how it sounded in AC.

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
    Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
    I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
    In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I know Z. I'm telling you, it gave me goosebumps. This version of TITTL was so much more powerful than the way he does it in F1. I think it was as close to the original version that we will ever get.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

That's an interesting observation. After all he's in charge of solo for the whole evening - he may not be entirely relaxed. Despite his obvious attraction as a solo artist he still seems somewhat diffident - maybe we should all write to him to boost his confidence!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Just another observation regarding what a different experience it is to see Glenn solo as opposed to seeing the Eagles live. Glenn is much more talkative in his solo shows than he is in Eagles concerts. However, I'm not sure I would describe him as more relaxed. During the three shows I saw at Rama and A/C, Glenn was very focused and intense, especially when singing. I guess he is concentrating very hard on what he is doing. Although he talks more, he doesn't interact with the audience. While he may glance over the audience, there are no long stares, direct eye contact, or recognition smiles like you may see from him in an Eagles concert. He probably has his eyes closed 85% of the time when he's singing. My guess is that he may feel a little more pressure when he's solo because he is front and center the entire time. In Eagles concerts, he is somewhat the same way when he is singing lead on a song. However, when the other guys are singing lead, that's when he seems to relax and have fun, check out the audience, and interact with them. The first night in Rama when we first got up to the stage, he bent down to get his Gatorade, and I thought he may have seen me, so I gave him a tiny little wave. However, he either didn't see me or just ignored me because he didn't acknowledge it. By contrast, in Sacramento, I was making little pointing hand gestures at him and he saw me and pointed back to me on two separate occasions and even mouthed something to me as he pointed. Of course, he was LHAO at me, but who cares!

~~~~~~

Stuck on the Border

I don't know about 'diffident' necessarily - just much more focused.

I agree, Kay. I think he is very demanding of himself solo and as a result he doesn't allow himself to really relax. I believe that the jokes are to keep the audience laughing and entertained at all times; they are not an expression of a more casual and relaxed attitude. I mean, he's got a friggin' comedy routine going on. And I love it.

And Julie - Most. Awesome. Icon. Ever.

~

Stuck on the Border

Thanks. I was wondering if I should make it bigger.

I only have all your reports on what Glenn is like solo - I think it's interesting how he changes his focus for solo shows.

Despite his obvious attraction as a solo artist he still seems somewhat diffident - maybe we should all write to him to boost his confidence!
    Kate - I'm not sure it's Glenn's confidence that I want to .... Oh nevermind - you all know where I'm going with this!

~~~~~~

It is strange to think of Glenn as needing an ego boost, but sometimes he does seem to be a bit unsure of himself when solo, and indeed it seems that uncertainty has been there from Day 1 and No Fun Aloud. But he bit the bullet and charged out there anyway, and is still chuggin' today.

~

...is still chuggin' today.
    Pun intended, Nancy?

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
    Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
    I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
    In a world full of pushin' and shove.