Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Long Story

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default The Long Story

Ok, I have an idea for a game. It's kind of weird, but it might be funny and fun to see where it takes us.
    The Idea is to write an on-going story,, a saga if you will, using the titles and lyrics from Eagles songs and the names of our favorite boys (if some of us are really sneaky, they may be able to incorporate some of the OUR names in there as well!) I'll start..

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair, the warm smell of a dead skunk by the side of the road some 18 wheeler had not missed wafted up through the air, I drove my ol 55 down the fast lane. I was a victim of love, a desperado, the girl from yesterday.. the bastard had left with nothing but waisted time....

Default Re: The Long Story

Ticky, did you by any chance get this idea from Maleah's shirt! lol

OK, to continue with Ticky's story...

My ole 55 broke down on a dark desert highway, and I felt all alone at the end of the evening. I went a few feet off the road and laid down to rest. Up ahead in the distance, I heard the sound of a big rig heading my way. As it approached I scurried onto the road.
    The driver stopped and stuck his head out of the window. "How you doin"? he said. "I'm Joe! I almost didn't see you there!"
    I said, "I've been waiting in the weeds. Where you headed? Can I have a lift?"
    "Sure", he said. "I've got the long run. I'm taking this load to Vegas. Hop in!"
    "How long?", I asked.
    ''Take it easy, we'll be there in no time."
    As we drove off, he said,"Too bad about that skunk back there. Some drivers just aren't very cautious."
    "Don't worry",I said, " I have already cast a voodoo spell on him"
    "Ooh, Witchy Woman!" Joe replied has we headed off in the night...
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

(I have way too much time on my hands today,.. bare with me..)

continued from PM's story..

"My head grew heavey and my sight grew dim. "Whats that you're smoking?" I asked Joe.
    "Something the locals call colitas. Not bad!" He handed me the hand rolled cigarette. I took it reluctantly and sniffed it. "uh, no thanks Im good." I said and handed it back.
    "You sure?" he asked me "It gives me a Peaceful Easy Feeling".
    "WELL, ok" I said and took a LONG drag.
    "I like the way your sparkling earring lay against your skin so brown" he said. I handed him back his doobie and said "Take it easy there Doolin' Dalton" I said. "I cant tell you why I wont do the Hollywood Waltz with you, but where will you be After The Thrill is Gone?"
    "Listen," he said "I've been drivin' down On The Border for the last year so Im The New Kid In Town. I can go All Night Long if you'll Learn to be Still."
    "Im Already Gone" I said and jumped down from his truck. The sun was coming up. He was riding with lady luck and all the freeway cars and trucks. I was surprised at all the traffic out there on the desert highway, but when I looked around I saw I was at the intersection of The Dark Desert Highway (yes that WAS actually the name of it.. go figure) and Seven Bridges Road. There was a small diner called The Sad Cafe and a seedy looking motel called The Last Resort.
    "Looks like its gonna be a Heartache Tonight" I said to myself as I headed for the diner imagining the chili I was about to ingest...

Continued at Ticky's story

At the diner we asked to ourselves "Is It True?", but we didn't know, so we decided to talk later about it.We even didn't know about what we would talk. Glenn walked in and Joe introduced him as the New Kid In Town, Don asked if we knew where Timothy would be, we couldn't tell him. Don started with the diner and he loved it, I asked if I was able to drove with Don back to California and he asked in which hotel I should stay in California and I said that it was the Hotel California in los angeles. Glenn draw on a piece of paper a smily and showed it to everyone, I Can't Tell You Why he did that but he wanted...
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

and picking up where Mrs. H left off....

I was surprised to see so many handsome men in the Sad Cafe. The One calling himself Glenn, suave, slick sophisticated, like a used car salesman with a guilty secret smoothly leaned against the jukebox doodling silly faces on an order pad.
    "and what can I do for You, beautiful" he grinned menacingly at me like a King OF Hollywood. Despite my walking the wire of pain and desire, I found myself strongly drawn to this room full of noise and dangerous boys.
    "Im looking for a room. Does anyone know where I might find the proprietor of the Last Resort next door?"
    A hearty laugh came from the corner. Long legs followed by a shirt, half unbuttoned, a tangle of dark chest hair, a smoldering cigarette, wayfarers and a panama hat slowly grinned at me. "Scuse me little lady, you surely dont mean that rat hole establishment across the way now do you?"
    "Get Over It, Henley." said smoothy by the Jukebox. "I'd be happy to help you Miss." My toes curled at his leering glance and the one called Henley's grin. Only a Certain Kind Of Fool would hang around here here on a Saturday Night which this was.
    "Oh well, its been a good day in hell and tomorrow I'll be glory bound" I thought to myself. "Sure," I said "I'll take a room"
    Glenn smiled like James Dean and laughed.
    "So, who are you?" asked the one called Henley
    I pulled out my card and handed it to him. He read it and I watched as the smoker passed it on, and I laughed as the Joker said lead on...
    "Im not so sure about this now" I said as I suspiciously glared at this smooth talking inn proprietor. Could I trust him? or would he Take It To the Limit and Get Out Of Control in a New York Minute? and did I care? He wasnt just another man, and I couldnt keep from coming on.. it'd been so long!
    A quiet "ahem" came from the counter behind the jukebox. I looked and saw what I hadnt before. A pair of jeans wearing some long legs stood up and turned around. His hair flowed around his shoulders like liquid chocolate and his eyes held a promise of One of These Nights. I gasped.
    "Im sorry, I didnt see you there!" I stammered.
    He sauntered over to me, took my hand in his and kissed it lightly. "How do Ma'am" and he grinned sweetly "My name is Tim"
    "THERE you are you varmit!" bellowed Henley! "I've been lookin for you! We have unfinished business!"
    Glenn pushed me down behind the Jukebox and dived under the table as Henley whipped out a pair of drum sticks and Tim produced a loaded guitar from behind his back.
    "This is gonna get ugly, lady!" Glenn shouted towards me as he dived!
    Suddenly a giant but gentle pair of hands grasped my sides and pulled me out the back door.
    "This is no place for a sweet lady like yourself!" It was Joe! the trucker! I was never so happy to see someone in my life!
    "Thank you!" I said as I collapsed into his arms....

this is going to go the way *I* want it to unless some of ya'll contribute *G*

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I had just come in to do my night shift in that sad cafe,and I immediately took in what was happening. But through it all my eyes caught those of the guy called Glenn. He winked at me. 'You can't hide them' he smiled at me, 'Those lyin eyes'. I smiled back shyly and he moved his body closer to me 'You're a very sexy girl' he whispered into my ear. He was calling ME sexy! He was HOT!! The Heat was definitely on that evening. We had moved slightly away from the others at that stage. 'We have to 'Do Something'' he whispered to me. 'When do you get off work?' 'Six in the morning' I replied. 'So its an allnighter then' he said. 'Its gonna be a long hot summer's evenin til you're done.'

Suddenly I thought to myself ' I'm tired of Living in Darkness - I've found Somebody, This is Love in the 21st Century, and I'm Already Gone'

To the shock of my boss, I pulled off my apron, changed those shoes I was working in into my cowboy boots, pulled my hair out of its net so it cascaded round my shoulders and leapt over the counter.
    Glenn met me half way. He held onto me tight. I whispered 'We can catch the Midnight Flyer and we'll be In the City by the morning' I always said I'd had enough here and that One Of these Nights I'd just Walk Away.

'Its all been Wasted Time for you here' Glenn answered. 'You belong to the City with me. Come on, Lets go Home........'
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Continued at GA story.

After a short break in the night, we went back to the hotel, Don said that we have to Take It To The Limit, everything happend there. I was wondering if Don knew at which time the Train Leaves Here This Morning and he said that he didn't know, but he didn't wanted me to let go. I agreed with Don and he said "Love Will Keep Us Alive" and he called the roomservice and orded something to drink. I Walked Away and grape a pillow and trow it to Don, he laughed and trow the pillow back.
    We were having a pillow fight when the roomservice walked in, they gave us the drink and they went back to their own place.

After we finished the drink, Don found my shoes and he said " I like Those Shoes" and he grape them, walked to the balcony and trow them down. I looked at Don and he walked to me and take my hand and said "It's all an Inside Job, let's go to bed.." .............

*wishing it ever happened real *
    *Ok..actually are this 4 different stories now *
    Last edited by Mrs Henley; 10-01-2008 at 07:43 AM.

My goodness, these are getting risque! lol
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

hahaha, the guys have to read this story, they will laugh

*G* lookin good! Hmm... poor Timothy is left holding his loaded guitar in Sad Cafe all alone. We may have to do something about that.. *G*
    Pretty busy today so if anyone wants to claim Timmy, please feel free! I'll add to it all when I can *G*

I love it so far *G*