Page 143 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Lindsey doesn’t sound angry or bitter and if Stevie really does want him back in the band, or involved in some way, then there is definitely a chance for reconciliation and healing.

Thanks for those links, CAinOH!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - This is incredible. Apparently, the lawsuit was settled rather easily and Lindsey leaves the door open as far as the future of the band ...

Quote Originally Posted by CBS News
    Buckingham also revealed that he hasn't spoken to any member of the band since his firing almost a year ago.

"I have had, only in the last couple of weeks, I have gotten an email, which I expected to get, from Christine McVie," he said. Buckingham and McVie recorded an album together last year and went on tour.

"She wrote me an email and basically said, 'Dearest Lindsey, just know that I had nothing to do with any of this. Know that I miss you so much.' She said, 'I believe deep in Stevie's heart that she would like you to come home,'" Buckingham said.

He believes it could mean Nicks may have already gotten over what happened earlier this year.

"That maybe, underneath everything, Stevie would like to see me back already, that maybe she feels ambivalent about what's going on. This could just be Christine expressing wishful thinking or expressing something she thinks will make me feel better," he said.

Buckingham said he's open to getting back with Fleetwood Mac but isn't expecting a reunion.

"I'm pretty much figuring that I won't because a lot of people who know how convoluted Fleetwood Mac's politics have been will say two years from now they're gonna … and I'm like, 'I'm not so sure.' You know, it's something is a little different this time," he said.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Lindsey Buckingham Says Stevie Nicks Gave Fleetwood Mac 'an Ultimatum': He Goes or I Go

From People magazine:
    https://people.com/music/lindsey-buc...fleetwood-mac/
    Does not surprise me. Always figured it was that. I am surprised the lawsuit was settled so quickly. That was sweet of Christine to send Lindsay that email. I hope they get back together ! This band makes the Eagles arguments look like child's play. Thanks for the links to the interview with Lindsay.

I agree, very nice of Christine to reach out. It's a shame it had to come to this it but personally I would hope LB never goes back. What's the point? The light has already faded. Lindsey is doing well on his own and expressing himself and music in a way that brings himself and his fans great joy.

On the other hand the lure of one last reunion tour (assuming there is such a thing ) may be too hard for any of them to re$i$t. Especially a certain dude named Irv Azoff.

Should this turn out to be the case it won't come as any big surprise nor will the hefty price tag attached.
    Last edited by Dawn; 12-10-2018 at 03:40 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Rolling Stone is saying that Rumours was released 42 years ago on this day. I thought it was released closer to the Eagles’ Hotel California? Well, anyways: here’s a nice article https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rol...ks-787722/amp/

Am I so unobservant that I didn’t notice that FM is calling their current tour their farewell tour? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mca...story,amp.html

That's new to me. I don't think I'd heard that before. And a trip to the Fleetwood Mac web site shows nothing saying "farewell."

Ever since they “fired” Lindsey, I don’t think I heard it either after they got rid of Lindsey. I guess it was farewell with Lindsey, but once they fired him, we’re going to tour more and maybe record new music.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The writer got it wrong then. That’s a pretty huge thing to get wrong!