Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I just went back at earlier post and Soda was supposed to go to last night’s show. I wonder if she went.
    I'm eager to hear what she says! She may have an opinion about Stevie being nominated to the Rock & Roll HOF as a solo artist too.

Well, I'm back! It was a Herculean effort to go to this Tulsa show. I think some of you may recall that I found a conference to attend so that I could get off work legitimately, but when I got my schedule for when I was to present at the conference, it turned out to be Sunday morning! As a result, I was out from Wednesday all the way to Sunday.

How was the show? Not the same.

Positives: These people are pros, and they played well and sang well. They know their stuff. It was also cool that they took chances with the setlist. I was impressed by that.

Negatives:

• Whenever Neil or Mike started to do a Lindsey vocal, I was like "Ugh. This sounds wrong." Neil doesn't have Lindsey's edgy vocal or passion. It just kills the songs for me.
    • Mike's solos are good but he can't achieve Lindsey's sound. I would be fine with Mike's solos if I had never heard the real deal, but since I have.... they come up short.
    • The chemistry was off - the spark between Stevie and Lindsey that kept the shows so exciting - well, there was nothing to replace it. I mean, these people are all good buddies, but Neil is very milquetoast it seems, and many times the band members were even turning their backs to the audience and talking to each other! Lindsey used to bust his butt trying to engage the audience and these guys just don't bother now.
    • Stevie tried to pretend Neil was Lindsey and sing at him during "Go Your Own Way" and that was just weird.
    • Split Enz in a Fleetwood Mac set? Seriously? It was bad enough they added Don't Dream It's Over.
    • The Tom Petty tribute at the end was also kind of jarring. I mean, it's a Fleetwood Mac concert. Only Stevie and Mike were friends with Tom, yet the Fleetwood Mac show encore begins with a tribute to Tom Petty? Big photos of him and Stevie flash across a screen as Stevie sings "Free Falling" and then she turns around at the end of the song, gesturing up at the screen dramatically as the lights flash? The "Eagles" don't even do that kind of spectacle for Glenn. Meanwhile, Danny Kirwan, an actual former member of the band who died earlier this year, only gets a brief namecheck when a song he wrote is played.

There were front row VIPs unsold the day of. They dropped down to $300. I passed. My friend did snatch one up, and she had a fantastic time, and wants to go again. Obviously, not everyone is of the same mind.

For me, I won't be going again until Lindsey Buckingham is back.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Mike Campbell sings?! Woah, didn't know that.

That's kind of wondrous that they did "I Got You" by Split Enz. What a curiosity, I'd like to hear it.

Oh my, it looks like they debuted a new song? "All Over Again" sung by Christine and Stevie. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleet...-1be905bc.html

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Mike Campbell sings?! Woah, didn't know that.

That's kind of wondrous that they did "I Got You" by Split Enz. What a curiosity, I'd like to hear it.

Oh my, it looks like they debuted a new song? "All Over Again" sung by Christine and Stevie. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleet...-1be905bc.html
    That's not a new song - it's off Time, a little known album Fleetwood Mac did in the brief period after both Stevie and Lindsey left in the nineties, but before The Dance. This tour is the first time it's been performed live, though.

Lindsey finally spills the beans about what happened in Rolling Stone:

"Lindsey Buckingham: Life After Fleetwood Mac"

WARNING: I am really ticked off after reading this!!

It confirms what we'd thought except Stevie and the band come off even worse, because her reasons are so freaking petty, and they are such blatant liars.

This is the part that ticks me off the most:

"Two nights earlier, the most popular and enduring lineup of Fleetwood Mac — Nicks, Buckingham, singer-keyboard player Christine McVie, bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood — performed in New York at a MusiCares benefit show honoring the group. 'We rehearsed for two days, and everything was great,' Buckingham claims. 'We were getting along great.'

But on the phone [two days later], Azoff had a list of things that, as Buckingham puts it, 'Stevie took issue with' that evening, including the guitarist’s outburst just before the band’s set over the intro music — the studio recording of Nicks’ 'Rhiannon' — and the way he 'smirked' during Nicks’ thank-you speech. Buckingham concedes the first point. 'It wasn’t about it being ‘Rhiannon,’ ' he says. 'It just undermined the impact of our entrance. That’s me being very specific about the right and wrong way to do something.'

As for smirking, 'The irony is that we have this standing joke that Stevie, when she talks, goes on a long time,' Buckingham says. 'I may or may not have smirked. But I look over and Christine and Mick are doing the waltz behind her as a joke.'

At the end of that call, Buckingham assumed Nicks was quitting Fleetwood Mac. He wrote an e-mail to Fleetwood assuring the drummer that the group could continue. There was no reply. A couple of days later, Buckingham says, 'I called Irving and said, "This feels funny. Is Stevie leaving the band, or am I getting kicked out?"’  Azoff told the guitarist he was 'getting ousted' and that Nicks gave the rest of the band 'an ultimatum: Either you go or she’s gonna go.'

Asked if those were Azoff’s exact words, Buckingham responds, 'Pretty much. I don’t remember his exact words, but that was the message.'"

THAT Is why she wanted him kicked out of Fleetwood Mac? PATHETIC. And they don't even have the decency to tell him to his face, getting Azoff to call him, and then not returning Lindsey's calls afterwards. After 40 years!

As for their BS line about him wanting to put off the tour a year, here's what really happened regarding that:
    "Buckingham confirms that, at a band meeting in late 2017 — shortly after a series of shows with McVie to promote their project, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie — he asked for 'three or four months extra' to do solo dates. There was 'stonewalling,' he claims. 'I left the meeting because there was nothing else to talk about.'

But he insists that Fleetwood Mac always 'came first. And I don’t think there was ever anything that was just cause to be fired. We have all done things that were not constructive. All of us have worn on each other’s psyches at times. That’s the history of the group.'”

So he never asked for a whole year, never refused to tour. All lies.

I knew they were lying already, but to see it laid bare like that, and the degree of it... it just really highlights the ugliness of it all and how contemptible their behavior has been. I am so disgusted with Stevie and the rest of the band right now.

I am never buying tickets to see them again. Not unless they make this right.

After the truth was slowly coming out, everything was pointing toward the fight in February. I guess Stevie had enough.

I figured it was the him or me situation and of course Mick would go with Stevie since in his eyes, she was more important than Lindsey. They figured nobody will miss Lindsey, but will come see her.

Lindsey has a little hope that they will bring him back, but I don’t see that happening and why would Lindsey want to go back. Stevie probably don’t want him back. IMO Probably to her, the bad monkey is off hers and probably the band’s back and she can be happy again.

I wish Lindsey nothing but success with his future. He can now make the music he wants and not hold back by 4 other people who don't agree to the direction.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-11-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Wow.

So it all came down to Stevie or Lindsey -- and Azoff right in the mix. Not surprising. What IS surprising is the pettiness and blatant lies. Why? It didn't have to end this way.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

"And I don’t think there was ever anything that was just cause to be fired." Makes me wonder if lawyers will be involved at some point.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good grief! How childish!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I don't know guys...can we turn the lens away from Stevie to Lindsay and talk about his behavior? From reading the excerpt, it sounds to me like he was acting like a jerk at this big event. Acting like a jerk, personally, to Stevie. Microaggressions directed at her throughout their appearance. Why was he doing this? I for sure would not want to work with someone who acts like this, would you? Maybe he's messing around and she has no sense of humor, or maybe this is a dynamic she has been dealing with for decades and doesn't relish the idea of heading out on a tour with him. Its not funny, at all. I prefer to give her the benefit of the doubt, especially when he admits to the behavior. I don't read this at all as pettiness. I read it as just one little bit of evidence of what could be a toxic work environment and her standing up for herself. I mean, what is this "outburst?" He was yelling? Screaming? Because playing Rhiannon being played over the speakers as they were getting ready to play "just undermined the impact of our entrance." Talk about petty...Why are we so quick to dismiss that she was legitimately upset?