Page 138 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Also, what would you have Irving do in this situation? The band is an actual workplace, regardless of the status of the members as employees or owners, and Irving's company is HR/management. He was presented with a LIST (not just the 2 issues described) - a LIST in Lindsay's words - of grievances from one band member about another band member. Irving did the exact right thing by taking the list privately to Lindsay and giving him an opportunity to refute or clarify the allegations. It seems from reading between the lines of the article that Lindsay wasn't able to provide an explanation, apologize, say it wouldn't happen again, etc...As HR, in this situation, you HAVE to let him go or face being sued by Stevie. I'm just guessing that she has enough hard evidence of and witnesses to his behavior to make it an easy decision for the band and Irving. Funny that he thought she was leaving, he didn't seem too concerned. He didn't reach out to her to apologize or try to make it right, he reached out to another band member and said they could go without her!!

Just like with Felder and the Eagles, I think Fleetwood Mac is better with Lindsay in the group. I'm not saying the group is better off without him. I wish for the fans that he was still in the band. But just from this snippet of information from the article that was posted here, I don't know how anyone reading this representation of events could think that STEVIE is to blame!!! I do think that Lindsay should act better and there is no reason or excuse for his attempts to undermine her on stage.

I have a hard time imagining this 70 year old man having a berserker fit of the type that would warrant immediate dismissal after over 40 years.

Sadly, I can easily imagine Stevie taking extreme umbrage to Lindsey presuming to criticize her. I have always loved her, but she is very sensitive to criticism, and I think she has drifted further and further away from rationality with each passing year. No one to keep her grounded without her mom, no one but yes men telling her that anyone who dares to criticize her deserves punishment, cheering her on to keep in her good graces.

It is not hard for me to see which scenario is more realistic.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Also, what would you have Irving do in this situation? The band is an actual workplace, regardless of the status of the members as employees or owners, and Irving's company is HR/management. He was presented with a LIST (not just the 2 issues described) - a LIST in Lindsay's words - of grievances from one band member about another band member. Irving did the exact right thing by taking the list privately to Lindsay and giving him an opportunity to refute or clarify the allegations. It seems from reading between the lines of the article that Lindsay wasn't able to provide an explanation, apologize, say it wouldn't happen again, etc...As HR, in this situation, you HAVE to let him go or face being sued by Stevie. I'm just guessing that she has enough hard evidence of and witnesses to his behavior to make it an easy decision for the band and Irving. Funny that he thought she was leaving, he didn't seem too concerned. He didn't reach out to her to apologize or try to make it right, he reached out to another band member and said they could go without her!!

Just like with Felder and the Eagles, I think Fleetwood Mac is better with Lindsay in the group. I'm not saying the group is better off without him. I wish for the fans that he was still in the band. But just from this snippet of information from the article that was posted here, I don't know how anyone reading this representation of events could think that STEVIE is to blame!!! I do think that Lindsay should act better and there is no reason or excuse for his attempts to undermine her on stage.
    I suggest you read the whole article, and do it when you have time to read it carefully. Your arguments are based on some false premises.

When Azoff called Lindsey the first time, it was already a done deal. He had already been fired.

Lindsey was not fired because of a potential threat of a lawsuit. Lindsey was fired because Mick wanted to keep Stevie. The threat of her leaving was enough - hence the ultimatum.

Finally, no one said Irving was even part of the decision, much less the one who made it; he was just the guy who had to deliver the bad news.

Shoot. Lindsey is suing.

Lindsey Buckingham Sues Fleetwood Mac Over Dismissal From Band

"Lindsey Buckingham has filed a lawsuit against Fleetwood Mac for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of oral contract and intentional interference with prospective economic advantage, according to legal documents obtained by US Weekly. [...]The lawsuit states that he asked the group to postpone their tour three months so he could play shows with his solo band. He says plans were in place for the Rumours-era lineup to play 60 shows across North America when he was let go without warning.

“Last January, Fleetwood Mac made the decision to continue to tour without me,” Buckingham said in a statement to Rolling Stone regarding the suit. “I remain deeply surprised and saddened, as this decision ends the beautiful 43-year legacy we built together. Over the last eight months, our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive. I’m looking forward to closure, and will always remain proud of all that we created, and what that legacy represents.”

So sad to see it come to this. What a horrible way for Fleetwood Mac to go down.

OK. I'm not surprise he's suing. Also now I don't see Lindsey ever coming back to the band.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Also now I don't see Lindsey ever coming back to the band.
    That's what really depresses me.... I had hoped they might make up and do a big, glorious farewell tour. Stranger things have happened - and it would have been highly lucrative for them as well as wonderful for the fans.

But now....

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have a hard time imagining this 70 year old man having a berserker fit of the type that would warrant immediate dismissal after over 40 years.

Sadly, I can easily imagine Stevie taking extreme umbrage to Lindsey presuming to criticize her. I have always loved her, but she is very sensitive to criticism, and I think she has drifted further and further away from rationality with each passing year. No one to keep her grounded without her mom, no one but yes men telling her that anyone who dares to criticize her deserves punishment, cheering her on to keep in her good graces.

It is not hard for me to see which scenario is more realistic.
    I agree 100% with your first sentence above. I don't think his behavior at this one event warrants kicking him out. I think there must have been more, to the extent that the band and management decided that on balance, it was best to kick him out, despite knowing they'd lose many fans and be subject to criticism.

As to your second paragraph, I guess this is where we differ on this. I don't see his behavior as "criticism." This is not how you criticize someone. I see it as immature, passive aggressive bullying in public towards a 70-year old lady who is just trying to do her job. I would not want my daughter to work with someone who acts this way towards her. I posted because all I saw in the thread was people criticizing Stevie for Lindsay's bad behavior...I wanted to focus on HIM, not HER. Why does he act like this? Do you think it is OK? Would you want to have to perform with that going on? I think its really sad that despite the current climate, people immediately blame her when he's the one acting bad. I'm sure she's sensitive to criticism, everyone is. I'm sure she's also sensitive to jerky behavior directed at her. Must she just go along with this treatment?

ETA: Aaaah, I see he is suing. It was either going to be him or her. Too bad. We'll see if they settle before Stevie and the other band members have a chance to submit sworn declarations.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I agree 100% with your first sentence above. I don't think his behavior at this one event warrants kicking him out. I think there must have been more, to the extent that the band and management decided that on balance, it was best to kick him out, despite knowing they'd lose many fans and be subject to criticism.

As to your second paragraph, I guess this is where we differ on this. I don't see his behavior as "criticism." This is not how you criticize someone. I see it as immature, passive aggressive bullying in public towards a 70-year old lady who is just trying to do her job. I would not want my daughter to work with someone who acts this way towards her. I posted because all I saw in the thread was people criticizing Stevie for Lindsay's bad behavior...I wanted to focus on HIM, not HER. Why does he act like this? Do you think it is OK? Would you want to have to perform with that going on? I think its really sad that despite the current climate, people immediately blame her when he's the one acting bad. I'm sure she's sensitive to criticism, everyone is. I'm sure she's also sensitive to jerky behavior directed at her. Must she just go along with this treatment?

ETA: Aaaah, I see he is suing. It was either going to be him or her. Too bad. We'll see if they settle before Stevie and the other band members have a chance to submit sworn declarations.
    I am not eager to blame Stevie, nor did I do so immediately. I did not draw my conclusions after spending a few minutes skimming an article. I have been following this story for months now. Stevie is not the victim you believe her to be.

Dawn posted a link to the court documents in Lindsey's thread. I thought I'd also post them here, with special note of the email at the end:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3906...laint#download

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I am not eager to blame Stevie, nor did I do so immediately. I did not draw my conclusions after spending a few minutes skimming an article. I have been following this story for months now. Stevie is not the victim you believe her to be.
    Soda, you said: "THAT Is why she wanted him kicked out of Fleetwood Mac? PATHETIC"

Brooke said: "How childish!"

When a woman says, "I can't work with him anymore. I won't work with him anymore" that is enough for me. I don't require some level of abuse or proof to accept her decision and I don't try to assess or judge her level of victimhood. It sounds like she was willing to quit the band.

Per Lindsay, there was a LIST of grievances, not just the two he described. I wonder what else is on this list?

I don't want to argue with you about this emotional topic, I'm sure there was shady behavior from all parties.
    If you weren't criticizing her for complaining about him and issuing an ultimatum, then I'm sorry I misinterpreted the tone of your post. I was just really surprised that nobody else on here thinks it is important to comment about his described behavior. Seems like everyone is completely ignoring it and acting like its nothing. The part where he thinks SHE is leaving the band - e doesn't seem to care, doesn't reach out to her to apologize, try to smooth it over, promise to be more supportive. He's emailing Mick telling him they can proceed without her!! Saying that other band members were making fun of her too, like this is elementary school. He just comes across as a real ___. I'm assuming there is some level of behavior that he could exhibit towards Stevie that FM fans would accept as bad enough for him to be kicked out.

ETA: I just read the email at the end of the complaint where he says he tried to reach out to Stevie - apologies for not reading this before I posted. Am I reading correctly that he sent the email almost a month after he learned he was being kicked out? None of them would speak to him? This would explain why his email reads like a PR document, ready to be attached to a complaint.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 10-11-2018 at 11:24 PM.