Page 141 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I wasn't saying that he did in fact write the email to look good in the press; just that an article claimed that he did. I hate how the press can twist things around!

From a legal standpoint, I'm interested in the oral partnership argument, as that is difficult to prove.
    Apparently in California oral contracts carry more weight than elsewhere, according to some who practice there, but to my layman's mind, it seems that would indeed inevitably cause problems.

I was told he will need a lot of supporting evidence, such as statements from promoters stating that they were initially told he would be on the tour.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Maybe it's just me ... But I think if it's true Stevie gave some sort of ultimatum "LB goes or I do" obviously LB was considered a member of the band until he wasn't ... needed or wanted.

Team Lindsey all the way.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I haven't read any books on FM, I guess I would be considered a casual fan, but a fan of many decades who reads articles. One from today in the Daily Mail (for what its worth) - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...c-EXPLODE.html ) I'm seeing allegations of Lindsey physically abusing Stevie over decades. She says the one time in the '80s she literally thought he was going to KILL her. Are these reports of abuse universally accepted as true? Does he deny hurting her? If it is true, how can anyone be surprised or upset that she issued an ultimatum? Don't say because the abuse happened a long time ago.

I'm not a hardcore fan like others but I seriously feel like I'm missing something here...why aren't fans supporting HER?? I'm not talking about his contribution to the band or what he would have earned on this tour - to me those are both undeniable, there's no controversy. If he has been in the past or continues to be abusive to her in any way, how can anyone be on his side?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The book "Storms" by Carol Ann (I forget her last name at the moment), Lindsey's girlfriend in the late 70s and early 80s, claims that Lindsey was physically abusive to Stevie and to her.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Took me a while to get to this, sorry!

Christine did indeed write "You Make Lovin' Fun" about the lighting director. His name is Curry Grant.

As far as Carol Ann Harris' book and Lindsey's physical abuse... none of that can be confirmed. It's her word against his.

There is only one confirmed instance of Lindsey being abusive to Stevie Nicks, and that's at the confrontation they had when he left the band in 1988. It occurred at Christine McVie's house. Lindsey told the band that he couldn't tour with them for Tango in the Night, that he couldn't handle the craziness. The band was furious, but Stevie especially so. She lunged at Lindsey with fists flying, screaming at him, beating on him... but instead of just shoving her off of him or restraining her, he totally lost it and wound up trying to choke her. You can read about it in Mick Fleetwood's book, and John and Christine have confirmed it.

As far as John McVie being abusive towards Chris while drunk, it is confirmed that he was verbally abusive to her - he himself admits that. He was not big on cocaine, but he was an alcoholic, and I wouldn't be surprised if he escalated into physical violence while on a bender.
    I am quoting one of Soda's post (#788 ) from an earlier discussion in this thread. It seems that Stevie and Lindsey have always had a very dysfunctional and contentious relationship. I don't know if one was at fault more than the other, but it appears from this account that neither of them was blameless. I stand by what I wrote a few pages back. I don't defend abuse of any kind in a relationship - it is wrong. However, Stevie and Lindsey have chosen to work together for many years in spite of their past, so I assume that also means they chose to put this all behind them, if not forget. As I said, from what I observed about the events leading up to Lindsey's firing, there was nothing that Lindsey did that was so awful to justify Stevie's reaction. So, yes, given their history, I am judging them in the present, not the past.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

But in the present she is saying she doesn't want to work with him anymore. Why do you second guess her and think that her position isn't valid? You think she should just suck it up? Sounds to me like she's done sucking it up, good for her. Maybe she's sensitive, crazy, drugged, immature, volatile, vindictive, on a power trip...whatever. But, she knows that there will be serious ramifications/legal trouble/financial trouble/fan pushback, and still she is standing up for herself at this point in her career. I just don't understand how her fans can not be supportive of this decision...not to say it isn't bad for the fans, of course it is.

It seems like the appropriate fan reaction should be, "Wow, it must be pretty bad for it to come to this." Not, "I'm on his side." [I'm paraphrasing, this is not directed at Dreamer] What does that even mean? You think she should be forced to tour with him against her will? Or she should be the one to quit? Or you think he should be paid his share as if he were on the tour? I have no problem with him being paid...

OK, I've had my say, everyone knows my position on this...I'll stop now - another area we won't agree. That's OK.

I think it is actually very telling that the informed fan is on Lindsey's side and the casual fan, who gets his/her information from articles quoting unauthorized biographies and books written to sell copy, is supporting Stevie.

Stevie Nicks has never accused Lindsey Buckingham of abuse.

I don't understand those who, in spite of this, are so keen to accuse him on her behalf when they know almost nothing about her private life.

At any rate, I don't support her selfish, petty behavior here, 40 years later.... which she herself has not claimed is due to abuse. Again, though, people ignorant of the situation are keen to cry abuse on her behalf. I don't get it.

I honestly think it is presumptuous and even insulting to state definitively that a woman has been abused in private when she herself has not said so! She was the one who was actually experiencing it, and people are trying to define her experience with their voices, ignoring hers, to make it suit their own dramatic narrative... people who weren't even there. That is the opposite of empowering other women.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Lindsey Buckingham is an amazing singer, musician, arranger, producer. The raw passion, energy, creativity he brought to the band and his own solo efforts over the years is legendary. To cast him aside in favor of morphing into what looks and sounds to me like a Stevie Nicks/FM/Tom Petty tribute band is most unfortunate and if LB prevails in his lawsuit, unjust.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

ITA, Soda and Dawn.

It seems very selfish of Stevie (and the other band members) to oust Lindsey from the band in what probably will be their last tour. I think I'd be more forgiving if the band still had a lot of years left in them, but, to me, the right thing to do at this point was to find a way to work through their differences or either just call it quits. I guess I'll never understand this new mentality among bands that essential members can be so easily swapped out for the sake of a few more years of touring. While, some may think it's fine, it diminishes the band's integrity and legacy in the eyes of many. I seriously wonder if it is worth that in the long run.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    ITA, Soda and Dawn.

It seems very selfish of Stevie (and the other band members) to oust Lindsey from the band in what probably will be their last tour. I think I'd be more forgiving if the band still had a lot of years left in them, but, to me, the right thing to do at this point was to find a way to work through their differences or either just call it quits. I guess I'll never understand this new mentality among bands that essential members can be so easily swapped out for the sake of a few more years of touring. While, some may think it's fine, it diminishes the band's integrity and legacy in the eyes of many. I seriously wonder if it is worth that in the long run.
    It's all about the money any more with these bands. They can't get enough evidently and they can't turn it down. Yes, I think some of them do it because that's just what they do and they love performing and playing music. We've watched the Eagles tour when when you look at them it looks like they are throwing daggers with their eyes. They overcame it somehow after Felder was fired and seemed to enjoy touring during LLOOE and HotE tours. But when one of your founders dies, it's time to hang that band up. Go on solo if you need to perform. I see this with FM here though LB isn't dead, thank goodness! JMO!!!!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten