Page 142 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think it is actually very telling that the informed fan is on Lindsey's side and the casual fan, who gets his/her information from articles quoting unauthorized biographies and books written to sell copy, is supporting Stevie.

Stevie Nicks has never accused Lindsey Buckingham of abuse.

I don't understand those who, in spite of this, are so keen to accuse him on her behalf when they know almost nothing about her private life.

At any rate, I don't support her selfish, petty behavior here, 40 years later.... which she herself has not claimed is due to abuse. Again, though, people ignorant of the situation are keen to cry abuse on her behalf. I don't get it.

I honestly think it is presumptuous and even insulting to state definitively that a woman has been abused in private when she herself has not said so! She was the one who was actually experiencing it, and people are trying to define her experience with their voices, ignoring hers, to make it suit their own dramatic narrative... people who weren't even there. That is the opposite of empowering other women.

Soda - I asked the question in my post - are the accusations of Lindsey hurting Stevie I'm reading accepted as true? I'm reading these things and asking the question. They may be completely unsubstantiated or false, that's why I asked, I couldn't figure out why fans are OK with it. You say she has never accused him, yet I'm reading quotes from her - that's why I asked the question. I'll take from your post that she has never said he hurt her and that that is the commonly held belief of fans. I'm not ignoring her voice, I'm reading quotes attributed to her. Of course the media can be wrong. You are the first poster to reply to my question, everyone else is ignoring it. I would never have any reason to state she has been abused except for what I'm reading in the media! Of course I don't know her private life.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

MC– First of all, I didn’t respond directly to your last post because I got the impression that you were done commenting. I think several of us have indirectly answered your question and I really think you are attributing feelings to many of us that just aren’t there. In particular, I don’t recall reading where anyone said that they are okay with it if either Lindsey or Stevie ever abused one another. I specifically addressed this in several of my posts. I think physical abuse is wrong in any relationship no matter who does it. But, my point is that if there was abuse in the past between Stevie and Lindsey, it is immaterial to the present situation because, despite their ‘history’, they have continued to work together professionally for many years after their personal relationship ended. So, since I don’t believe there is any evidence of abuse in the events that precipitated Lindsey’s dismissal, I think Stevie's behavior here was over-reactive and very unprofessional. My perception is that she comes across as a spoiled, self-absorbed, unethical, adolescent diva by issuing a ‘me or him’ ultimatum to the band, and then, subsequently, distorting her role in the aftermath.

If you don’t agree with me, that’s fine. If you don’t understand my POV, I really don’t know how to explain myself any better, so I would only be repeating myself if I try to do so. Maybe it’s the lawyer in you, but, you seem to be twisting our words to bolster your defense. So, to be as clear as I can, I am not okay with abusive relationships. I just don’t think what happened 30 – 40 years ago is necessarily relevant to the present situation based on the information I have seen. That doesn’t mean that if additional information comes out later that I wouldn’t change my mind.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I agree with everything you said, Dreamer.

I don't condone any kind of abuse either.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Soda - I asked the question in my post - are the accusations of Lindsey hurting Stevie I'm reading accepted as true? I'm reading these things and asking the question. They may be completely unsubstantiated or false, that's why I asked, I couldn't figure out why fans are OK with it. You say she has never accused him, yet I'm reading quotes from her - that's why I asked the question. I'll take from your post that she has never said he hurt her and that that is the commonly held belief of fans. I'm not ignoring her voice, I'm reading quotes attributed to her. Of course the media can be wrong. You are the first poster to reply to my question, everyone else is ignoring it. I would never have any reason to state she has been abused except for what I'm reading in the media! Of course I don't know her private life.
    I don't know what you're reading in particular, but there are only two known incidents:

- Lindsey kicked Stevie once onstage 38 years ago.

- Lindsey and Stevie got into a brawl outside of Mick's house 31 years ago when he told her he was leaving the band (ironic, eh). Now this is the big one, because while it's true that Stevie lunged at him, punched him, and chased him out of the house, it is completely unacceptable for him to grab her, throw her over the car, and start to choke her in retaliation.

Am I "ok" with it? Of course not.

But those are the only two instances of known violence against her. Stevie has never accused him of abusing her and I would like you to point me to any quotes you have found that state otherwise.

The story that all this time, she had been enduring his bad behavior, and finally is saying "NO MORE" is what makes me roll my eyes. They were making eyes at each other onstage as recently as 2015, hugging on each other during "Landslide".... why would she be willing to be physical with him like that if she were afraid of him? And she's gone further. I saw her kiss him in Columbus during the Say You Will tour - kiss him on the freaking mouth. He didn't grab her and force it. He couldn't - he was wearing a guitar and had one hand on its neck! She came over to him and pulled his face to hers, kissing him directly on the mouth, and only then did he put his hand on the back of her head. I have a picture.

So after seeing things like that with my own eyes, I have no patience for this "She finally tired of years of abuse" narrative that some people are pushing (but importantly, Stevie herself is NOT putting forth) to justify this firing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Lindsey Buckingham Says Stevie Nicks Gave Fleetwood Mac 'an Ultimatum': He Goes or I Go

From People magazine:
    https://people.com/music/lindsey-buc...fleetwood-mac/

“It appeared to me that she was looking for something to hang on me, in order to instigate some kind of coup,” he tells CBS This Morning: Saturday, adding that he first learned of the trouble when the band’s manager Irving Azoff called him and told him that Nicks was furious at him.

“Irving told me – a couple of days later – that she’d given the band an ultimatum, and either I had to go or she was going to go,” he recalls.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

NMB, you beat me to it. It was doubtful that this case would ever make it to a courtroom. Did anyone catch LB on CBS this a.m.?

This part of the article about what Christine wrote is bittersweet:

"She wrote me an email and basically said, 'Dearest Lindsey, just know that I had nothing to do with any of this. Know that I miss you so much.' She said, 'I believe deep in Stevie's heart that she would like you to come home,'" Buckingham said.

He believes it could mean Nicks may have already gotten over what happened earlier this year.

"That maybe, underneath everything, Stevie would like to see me back already, that maybe she feels ambivalent about what's going on. This could just be Christine expressing wishful thinking or expressing something she thinks will make me feel better," he said.

Buckingham said he's open to getting back with Fleetwood Mac but isn't expecting a reunion.
    Last edited by Delilah; 12-08-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I’m glad he shared what Christine wrote to him. There can be healing down the road a piece, I hope.

I knew there would be a settlement, but I'm surprised it happened so soon, I'm surprised Christine wrote to him, and I'm surprised at what she said.

PLEASE GOD LET THERE BE A REUNION!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Amen, sister!