Quote Originally Posted by longtimeeaglesfan View Post
I agree. They are oversimplified/exaggerated to more clearly illustrate how I see the two situations differently. The realities are more complex and I can understand that others have a different perspective.

Money is no doubt a motivator although maybe to a lesser extent with some of the players than others in terms of them needing the cash. That doesn't by itself make what either of them are doing "wrong" or less honorable. I believe money was a motivating factor for Glenn and was also a large part of why they chose Walmart to distribute LROOE. "They gave us the best chance to sell the most records and they're also going to pay us more than anybody else would pay us."
ltef - No one ever said that money wasn't a motivating factor for Glenn, but there is plenty of evidence that it was not the motivating factor for him. He walked away from millions of dollars on more than one occasion. In any event, I'm not sure what the purpose of re-debating whether the band did the right thing to continue the Eagles serves. So, in order to keep this thread on topic, I would suggest we agree to disagree. But, if you really feel a need to rehash it over again, then go to the Eagles 2018 Tour debate thread and post there. I will be happy to respond in more detail over there.