Page 121 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Border Rebel

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

NKIT--It's being heavily advertised here in Indy too. You're right about the NY/NJ area concert venues. Seems so early for the advertising since those concerts don't take place till next March. I know the tickets to those shows go on sale May 5th though.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, and the M&G doesn't even include a ticket. Good luck with that, Mick.

I think I'm going to get a cheap seat this time.

I hear they're going to do "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" in honor of Tom Petty, with Mike Campbell. Only problem is that it's not a Mac song. It will probably be prefaced by a lengthy story where Stevie tells us all about how traumatized she was by Tom Petty's death. While I feel for her for the loss of her friend, she already has talked so much about how this has affected her, how upsetting it was, how it changed her perspective, etc., it's beginning to take on the unfortunate tone of "Let's make this about me."

They're also apparently going to do "Don't Dream It's Over." A few people joked if they added more Neil Whatshisname songs it might better named Mick's All-Starr Band.

I don't give a hoot about these guys covering ancient Mac songs. The best I can hope for in that regard is a good Christine track other than "Why", which can't be done better than it was with Lindsey. She has some good older ones like "Believe Me" and "Did You Ever Love Me". They could do the better Welch songs like "Sentimental Lady" and "Lay It All Down" but they've not indicated they'll do those, instead talking all about the older stuff.

Their English Blues period is just not my thing, with the obvious exception of "Oh Well". There's a few other good ones like "Stop Messin 'Round", "Black Magic Woman", and "Love That Burns" but most of them all sound the same and some are downright boring. "Albatross" is good but won't play well live. Still, the English Blues period is all they seem to care about... what I care least about.

If Stevie doesn't do a rarity of her own from the Mac catalog, something I haven't heard before, then I really will have thrown my money away.
    A bit unfair, Soda. He's a legend down here. I have no idea how he will fit in either, as per NMB's post. However I obviously take your point about the All Starr Band. I just can't see Neil singing songs like Go Your Own Way. He doesn't rock hard enough.

Stevie talked far too much the last time I saw her, but that was a solo show. Presumably she will go back to her 'band' persona with thiis incarnation.

I watched them doing The Chain & Go Your Own Way from The Dance, and the mind absolutely boggles how they think audiences will just accept them without Lindsey. But then we have a precedent for that, don't we.

This morning while I was lying in bed half asleep, I got this idea in my head of Stevie singing "The Derelict" live

Stuck on the Border

I thought of something else. Unlike the 'Eagles' at least Fleetwood Mac could claim they have a large enough catalogue to justify dropping all Lindsey's songs. That isn't much consolation to Soda, as she already said, but at least she knows the old songs. There would be a lot of people going to these shows who wouldn't know any of them. I certainly wouldn't. So it's a big risk for them to do this.

I plan on seeing Lindsey solo assuming he does a solo tour for his new album. I might go see FM if the ticket prices are not too bad. But I really look forward to seeing Lindsey

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

This isn't all that interesting, but Mick Fleetwood did make it onto TMZ and they awkwardly asked him some bad questions:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/02/mick-f...kingham-fired/

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    This isn't all that interesting, but Mick Fleetwood did make it onto TMZ and they awkwardly asked him some bad questions:

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/02/mick-f...kingham-fired/
    Thanks , MC. Always a pleasure to see you back on the board.

This development with Fleetwood Mac was surprising, to say the least.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh my, what about that last answer: is the door open to Lindsey coming back and Mick says no, we're a new band now. Gosh. Doesn't sound like reconciliation is even a possibility.

OT: Fleetwood dresses elegantly, doesn't he - love the flowing scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Oh my, what about that last answer: is the door open to Lindsey coming back and Mick says no, we're a new band now. Gosh. Doesn't sound like reconciliation is even a possibility.

OT: Fleetwood dresses elegantly, doesn't he - love the flowing scarf.
    1. Agreed, that comment seemed to have a definitive tone to it, didn't it?

2. OT- I know, right? I was thinking how great it was that he embraced the floral element for spring. 🌹

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I had 5 minutes to tune into the new FM station on Sirius on my way to work and I heard an outtake of Second Hand News (big fans have probably heard it before, I hadn't - very similar to the recorded version but rawer. Such good voices). And then Safe Harbour and then the Stone's Jumpin Jack Flash, which did have some similarities to Second Hand News I wouldn't have noticed if they hadn't said it was inspiration. Maybe its the bass.

My dad bought the cassette of Rumours around the same time he bought Eagles Their Greatest Hits and Linda Ronstadts' Greatest Hits, so I have a fondness for FM but don't know much about them beyond that album, and Stevie's solo stuff that was on the radio. I have watched her Behind the Music show on VH1 many times because I love it, but that's the extent of my fandom.

I'm very bummed for fans who would be seeing them that Lindsey is out. It's so strange that this is happening to this band at the EXACT TIME there is controversy about the Eagles touring without Glenn - what are the chances? It's crazy. Don't worry, I'm not going to get into any opinions in this thread - keeping it pure! I'm just sorry for the fans. There are so many dynamics in play, I honestly don't know how any of these bands ever actually manage to tour together.