Page 140 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    She comes off as lovely and charming.

So hard to believe this amazing band was about to be blown apart!
    So very true, Soda.

It's especially heartwrenching looking back at their documentary Destiny Rules - in the first 5 minutes you can't help but feel the love and respect between Stevie and Lindsey, Lindsey and Mick etc.

What a legacy.

And I might add ... In those first 5 minutes it is impossible to miss how intently Lindsey looks at Stevie. Heart stopping beautiful memories.

http://youtu.be/SQOjptfZLJ4
    Last edited by Dawn; 10-15-2018 at 09:35 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

CNN used a quote from Lindsey from the actual MusicCares event in their coverage of the lawsuit. "Everything that we wore on our sleeve, the discord and nature of the band, was the people breaking up, the dysfunction," Buckingham told CNN at a MusiCares event, days before he found out the band would be touring without him. "Right below all of that dysfunction is a great, great deal of love."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/12/enter...uit/index.html

It appears that the dysfunction is outweighing the love, at least from the others' perspective.

Did depositions from the Felder lawsuit ever become public, or was everything kept confidential? I expect this one will go the same way, unless FM's lawyer starts tweeting out their sworn declarations as they are filed, like Michael Avenatti has been doing...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

This came across my news feed a few days ago. I think the title pretty much tells the tale ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...cid=spartanntp

MC - I don't think much of anything became public from the Felder lawsuits except for the vague details that Felder alludes to in his book and some info about the details surrounding the initial lawsuit. All of the the discussion re: the lawsuit can be found in the 'Heaven and Hell' book thread in the Felder forum. If my memory serves me correctly, most of what is publicly known is in the early part of the thread, probably in the first 25 pages; however, there is other discussion interspersed throughout the thread.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

That's what I thought, Dreamer, thank you. I own Heaven and Hell but I don't think I read the thread from the very beginning. I'm looking forward to doing just that tonight. It will be interesting to see what discovery documents, like depositions, (if any) make their way onto the internet in this case, compared to what the public was able to see in the Felder case. It seems like TMZ is able to post almost immediately any court documents related to celebrities - they have moles in the courts! What are the chances that THESE TWO BANDS go through such similar lawsuits?! Knowing the history of FM, though, it could have easily happened over the decades, filed by one member or another - they've been able to sort it all out and keep it together, until now...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The British version of "Heaven and Hell" is said to be more detailed about the lawsuit.

Does anyone else wonder what Lindsey meant by referring to Christine McVie as fragile? Seems like he empathized with her plight of being forced to choose between him and the rest of the band. Or maybe he meant she's always fragile? Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    That's what I thought, Dreamer, thank you. I own Heaven and Hell but I don't think I read the thread from the very beginning. I'm looking forward to doing just that tonight. It will be interesting to see what discovery documents, like depositions, (if any) make their way onto the internet in this case, compared to what the public was able to see in the Felder case. It seems like TMZ is able to post almost immediately any court documents related to celebrities - they have moles in the courts! What are the chances that THESE TWO BANDS go through such similar lawsuits?! Knowing the history of FM, though, it could have easily happened over the decades, filed by one member or another - they've been able to sort it all out and keep it together, until now...
    Hi MC! I'd be surprised if discovery documents make their way onto the Internet. In New York, at least, discovery isn't filed with the court, so the pleadings would be made public, but discovery would not. I don't know if it works differently in California, though.

It is interesting that both bands went through similar lawsuits. It seems like Lindsey's is based on an oral partnership agreement, unlike Felder's, as I believe they had legal documents setting up Eagles Ltd. I don't know much about the structure of FM, though. Was it Mick Fleetwood's band or were they equal partners?

I read too that Lindsey's attorneys leaked the complaint to the press before serving it on the band's attorney, and his email to Mick Fleetwood that he attached to it was intended to be seen by the press.

I really hope Lindsey wins, but if their partnership is based on an oral partnership and there's no actual proof of this, Lindsey might not have a case. It will be a he said he said situation.

It is kinda similar with Felder. It was smart of the Eagles to have their partnership and shares with the others in writing, but that also hurt them.

Also. Why did Lindsey waited 8 months to file a lawsuit? I'm kinda confused about how long you have to wait to sue someone?

I'm still trying to figure why now? You had other times to get rid of Lindsey if he's been becoming problem over the years. I'm sorry, but what a dysfunctional band even 40 something years later. I guess they just had enough.

I did read the lawsuit. After a while, I lost interests in some part of it.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Hi MC! I'd be surprised if discovery documents make their way onto the Internet. In New York, at least, discovery isn't filed with the court, so the pleadings would be made public, but discovery would not. I don't know if it works differently in California, though.

It is interesting that both bands went through similar lawsuits. It seems like Lindsey's is based on an oral partnership agreement, unlike Felder's, as I believe they had legal documents setting up Eagles Ltd. I don't know much about the structure of FM, though. Was it Mick Fleetwood's band or were they equal partners?

I read too that Lindsey's attorneys leaked the complaint to the press before serving it on the band's attorney, and his email to Mick Fleetwood that he attached to it was intended to be seen by the press.
    Apparently they were equal partners in terms of money and decision making, which may be more important than whether or not it is Mick (and John's presumably) in the sense that they started it.

The only place I read that he leaked it to the press was a representative of Fleetwood Mac, who claimed they hadn't yet seen it. However, a member of another board who practices law in California said that couldn't be true unless they had chosen not to look at it, as the sued party is always notified before the lawsuit is officially filed, which it had been before the news broke. Hmmm.

As for the email being intended for the press... it was written months earlier, and Lindsey at that point seemed to be desperately hoping they would change their minds and let him back in the Mac. Every word was framed with that goal in mind, because you can bet he wanted that far more than he wanted to look good in Rolling Stone.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Apparently they were equal partners in terms of money and decision making, which may be more important than whether or not it is Mick (and John's presumably) in the sense that they started it.

The only place I read that he leaked it to the press was a representative of Fleetwood Mac, who claimed they hadn't yet seen it. However, a member of another board who practices law in California said that couldn't be true unless they had chosen not to look at it, as the sued party is always notified before the lawsuit is officially filed, which it had been before the news broke. Hmmm.

As for the email being intended for the press... it was written months earlier, and Lindsey at that point seemed to be desperately hoping they would change their minds and let him back in the Mac. Every word was framed with that goal in mind, because you can bet he wanted that far more than he wanted to look good in Rolling Stone.
    I agree. Sure does not look like Lindsey wrote the email with the intent of publicizing its content. Rather, it looks like he was expressing his thoughts and feelings with great care and consideration for his long time friends and band mates who ultimately kicked him out of the band in deference to Stevie Nicks demands and expectations.

Personally I am not interested in spending any amount of money to see Stevie Nicks on stage ever again.

I will go see Lindsey Buckingham when he comes to a venue near me.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I wasn't saying that he did in fact write the email to look good in the press; just that an article claimed that he did. I hate how the press can twist things around!

From a legal standpoint, I'm interested in the oral partnership argument, as that is difficult to prove.