Page 118 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

A little over a month ago, the majority of Fleetwood Mac – Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood – quietly gathered at a little theater in Maui with their future in doubt. The band had secretly parted ways with Lindsey Buckingham, the longtime guitarist and voice behind many of their most enduring songs. According to the group, the split came down to a scheduling conflict surrounding a world tour. “We were supposed to go into rehearsal in June and he wanted to put it off until November [2019],” says Nicks. “That’s a long time. I just did 70 shows [on a solo tour]. As soon as I finish one thing, I dive back into another. Why would we stop? We don’t want to stop playing music. We don’t have anything else to do. This is what we do.”

- Rolling Stone
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...ingham-w519492

So why did Lindsey want to put it off until Nov 2019? That is a long time. Has anyone explained?
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-25-2018 at 05:55 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Even stranger... the day after MusiCares, a fan went up to Lindsey and asked him his upcoming plans... and he said to tour with Fleetwood Mac while simultaneously touring solo...

And there's video of this.

https://twitter.com/rockawayblind/st...hp%3Ft%3D57817

If what Mick says were true, wouldn't he be telling his fans that there would be a long wait before they'd be seeing any touring from him or Fleetwood Mac?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

YEs, that is strange Soda, great question!

Interesting that Rolling Stone is calling FM's 52 play dates tour MASSIVE"

Have they or anyone else described the Eagles tour which is about the same number of play dates as massive?

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Hmm. Is this the reason why Lindsey was fired? So from this interview. Lindsey had been gone for almost 2 months and they finally announced it early this month. So they've been sitting on this big news for a couple of months.

Hmm. I'm scratching my head on this one. So Stevie is now up to recording a Fleetwood Mac album. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

http://variety.com/2018/music/news/f...eo-1202786298/

Here's the interview from CBS This Morning.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/video/fleetw...as-a-new-band/
    You're not reading it wrong, Shun. I don't think Stevie likes dealing with Lindsey anymore regarding recording albums. If you've seen the Destiny Rules documentary about the making of Say You Will, there are a few spats between them.

I saw the documentary. I'm surprised they are still together when they were making Destiny Rules documentary.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Banned

Cool Re: Fleetwood Mac

@WKMB55 -

I have always thought of West Virginia as the midwestern American equivalent of, oh, say… southern France or Monaco.

I do, however, get a lot of things wrong.

Banned

Cool Re: Fleetwood Mac Issues

So you think Henley, Frey, et. al. had conflicts?

That was NOTHING, compared to the drama and ongoing emotional typhoon that has been whirling around FleeMac, even before Stevie Nicks and Buckingham joined up.

Remember Peter Green? Remember Jeremy Spencer? Fantastic guitarists, and both of them complete loonies at times. I mean, they made Syd Barrett look normal, and that wasn't easy to do.

So, don't be surprised if, in fact, LB turns up playing on the upcoming tour. I totally get it that those of us who have reached a certain age are viscerally aware of the looming spectre of The Big M (Mortality, not Morphine). And the recent passing of Tom Petty at a relatively young age has certainly reinforced that awareness.

Something else to consider: a friend of mine who is familiar with the contractual arrangements between the members of Fleetwood Mac tells me that whether Buckingham plays on this tour or not, he will get paid essentially the same amount, each and every month. He can't simply be "fired," at least not in the commonly understood meaning of the word.

And as for those flyers from irate fans? The less one knows about a given situation, the easier it is to make value judgments...

I do not think it is fair to expect fans to know what goes on behind closed doors or what industry insiders "claim" to know. Fans make judgments primarily based on what the band and their publicists want the public to think and/or know. Second, fans digging deep into their pockets to enable these bands to have touring careers well into their mid to late 70's are more than capable of making up their own minds about how they feel about Buckingham being fired or whatever it is Mick wants to call it. Why chastise the fans.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I do not think it is fair to expect fans to know what goes on behind closed doors or what industry insiders "claim" to know. Fans make judgments primarily based on what the band and their publicists want the public to think and/or know. Second, fans digging deep into their pockets to enable these bands to have touring careers well into their mid to late 70's are more than capable of making up their own minds about how they feel about Buckingham being fired or whatever it is Mick wants to call it. Why chastise the fans.
    Dawn - I totally agree with you.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Even stranger... the day after MusiCares, a fan went up to Lindsey and asked him his upcoming plans... and he said to tour with Fleetwood Mac while simultaneously touring solo...

And there's video of this.

https://twitter.com/rockawayblind/st...hp%3Ft%3D57817

If what Mick says were true, wouldn't he be telling his fans that there would be a long wait before they'd be seeing any touring from him or Fleetwood Mac?
    Gosh, that's puzzling to say the least.

And kudos to your hearing and/or lip-reading skills! Above the jackhammer and road noise, all I could make out was, "I'm gonna put out..." drill drill.