Page 139 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

For those of you having a hard time downloading the documents, here's the last email Lindsey sent Mick:

Date: Feb. 28, 2018 at 1:11:28 PM

Hi Mick,

In the month since MusiCares, I've tried to speak to both you and Stevie, to no avail. I've only gotten radio silence this whole time. (I haven't tried Chris as I thought she might be feeling a bit fragile.) I even emailed John, who responded that he couldn't have contact with me.

In times past, the band has always relied on its center, its heart and soul to work on difficulties when they arose. But now, those around the edges - attorneys, management - have stepped in and rendered that center silent and impotent. Because of this, the only info and insights I've been able to get about things have come from those on the edges. And consequently, I wonder if there hasn't been an undue amount of intrigue and misinformation thrown into the mix.

All of this breaks my heart.

Fleetwood Mac is one of the most important and influential rock groups of all time. We've inspired three generations of listeners, we've influenced countless other artists, young and old.

And after forty three years together, we're still here.

Indeed, if there's one aspect of Fleetwood Mac's identity that people relate to and admire most beyond the music, it is this: that somehow we've always been able to rise above our personal difficulties in order to fulfill our destiny, to pursue and articulate the higher truth. We are all caretakers of the beautiful legacy we've built together. And that legacy needs to be protected.

Considering all we've shared for so long, and with the journey so near being completed, is there not a way we can reclaim that center, that heart and soul, and work this through?

After forty three years and the finish line clearly in sight, it's hard to escape the conclusion that for the five of us to splinter apart now would be the wrong thing.

Wrong for the beautiful legacy we've built together.

Wrong for our legions of loyal fans who would hate to see the final act be a breakup.

Wrong for ourselves, and all that we've accomplished and shared together.

At the moment, the band's heart and soul has been diminished. But our center, which has seen us through so much, is only laying dormant. At the end of the day, legality will be reduced to being virtually meaningless, and humanity will count for almost everything.

If there is a way to work this through, I believe we must try.

I love you all no matter what.

Lindsey

Sent from my iPhone

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Sigh. Trying to wade through all the he said/they said comments is such a sorry exercise. All I know is that time marches on, and yet another great thing from my youth appears to have come to a sad, inglorious end.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Attorneys and management ... The edges around the center. .... and it's goodbye Lindsey Buckingham hello Stevie Nicks plus two.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Fleetwood Mac Strongly Disputes Lindsey Buckingham Lawsuit

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...WjM?li=BBnb2gh

In a statement, a spokesperson for the group said, "Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham's complaint and looks forward to their day in court."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - This will be interesting to follow. My guess is that they will end up settling out of court in the end. As in most cases like this, there are probably no innocent victims here. But, I have to empathize with Lindsey more in this situation. I believe the dynamics of Lindsey's and Stevie's relationship have been very contentious for a long time, so it's doubtful that whatever he did was so egregious that Stevie just couldn't take any more. To me, she comes across as an over-dramatic diva in the events that lead up to Lindsey's firing. And I'm in no way suggesting that she shouldn't stand up for herself if she feels she was being abused. But, to me, bullying comes from a place of power, and, obviously, Lindsey did not have more power in the band than she did. If this had been years ago, I may have felt differently. But, in the twilight of the band's career, she could have had a 'Come to Jesus' meeting with him, and moved on for the sake of the fans and the legacy of the band. JMHO

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I didn’t see the MusicCares event, was it televised? If any of you saw it - or attended, for that matter - was there tension, did any of them seem upset?

I saw it - somebody put it on periscope. There are a few vids on YouTube. They all seemed fine. Lindsey even talked about how they all loved each other! Stevie talked about a variety of subjects from Tom Petty's death to stage nerves to who comes to their shows.... she talked about two to three times as long as everyone else, but she said nothing that would indicate she was angry with Lindsey.

Here is her speech:

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you for that. My, she does go on but she’s adorable.

The acceptance speech was lengthy and disjointed but clearly heartfelt. I also thought everyone seemed fine did not notice any tension or discord.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

She comes off as lovely and charming.

So hard to believe this amazing band was about to be blown apart!