Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    after all the crap they put poor Lindsey through, now they want to retire. Please........
    Agreed.

I was curious how Christine said that about Stevie though. Mick - he wants to do it at the drop of the hat. John - too frail to get out there. Christine herself - too old in her opinion to do it anymore. And Stevie - probably won't be touring with Fleetwood Mac again. I didn't know how to take that bit. I tend to look for deeper meaning and reading between the lines. But I felt it was left open to do so.

I was kinda hoping Stevie would get a taste of her own medicine until I read the bit about John's health and thought maybe it was tied into that for Stevie. But I think it would be a nice karma if they brought Lindsey back, and got rid of Stevie for Bekka Bramlett or something like that! Even for just one tour. I love Stevie and I love her music, but my opinion of her soured over her throwing her little drama queen fit over the MusicCares thing where Lindsey supposedly looked at her the wrong way. It was a bit diva ish. She is a diva, but come on man! A little payback wouldn't hurt a thing and might be some humility that she may need. Lindsey is so underrated and really got the shaft on that thing.

If they aren't willing to bring Lindsey back, then yes please do retire. See ya. I have no interest in seeing a version of Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham the same way I have no interest in seeing a band still calling themselves the Eagles without Glenn Frey. It's just not cool. I wish they had just retired after Glenn's passing. And I wish FM would have done the same. End on a good note. It's like movie sequels. They can be as good or better than the first movie, or it can just sour and delegitimize the whole thing. Especially with a movie that had a sequel and now it's the 3rd in the series. Never go out with a whimper. Go out with a bang or just go out into the night. Just my thoughts!

In the words of Motley Crue - Don't go away mad. Just go away!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Gotta agree - As much as I love Fleetwood Mac. If they can perform with their most successful lineup, it's time to hang it up.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post

In the words of Motley Crue - Don't go away mad. Just go away!
    I so agree ... and please FM take the No-Glenn-Frey-Not-The-Eagles with you.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I so agree ... and please FM take the No-Glenn-Frey-Not-The-Eagles with you.
    Hi Dawn - how are you doing ? Great to hear from you !

PS - Wow, I did not know Christine was 77 - no wonder she wants to retire !

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Mick Fleetwood says he and Lindsey have reconciled and he’s confident they’ll work together again, just maybe not in Fleetwood Mac. But he also believes they owe the fans a farewell tour. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/mick...KidpUxj7VSuYEk

Thanks for posting NMB. This would be interesting. I’d like to see reconciliation, they did Lindsey dirty. Hoping for the best, but in the article he mentions that he would like to tour including Campbell and Finn.... a little awkward no?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I agree ... I would love to see a reconciliation. However, the right way for Fleetwood Mac to have a proper farewell tour would be with the Rumours lineup, IMHO. That is by far the most successful and popular lineup with most all fans.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Thanks for posting NMB. This would be interesting. I’d like to see reconciliation, they did Lindsey dirty. Hoping for the best, but in the article he mentions that he would like to tour including Campbell and Finn.... a little awkward no?
    Ohhh I missed that little detail. That would be incredibly awkward.

It will be interesting to see if there will be a full FM reunion though, since Christine has said she doesn't think they'll tour again. I wonder if Stevie would be a part of this.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yeah - I agree ... I would love to see a reconciliation. However, the right way for Fleetwood Mac to have a proper farewell tour would be with the Rumours lineup, IMHO. That is by far the most successful and popular lineup with most all fans.
    Agree Dreamer ! Why do a farewell tour if it does not include Lindsey. He was such a part of the band and responsible for so many hits. They all needed to put their big boy bands on and act like the adults they are. Their fights/drama can be very old for their fans. Me included !