Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I think it is actually very telling that the informed fan is on Lindsey's side and the casual fan, who gets his/her information from articles quoting unauthorized biographies and books written to sell copy, is supporting Stevie.

Stevie Nicks has never accused Lindsey Buckingham of abuse.

I don't understand those who, in spite of this, are so keen to accuse him on her behalf when they know almost nothing about her private life.

At any rate, I don't support her selfish, petty behavior here, 40 years later.... which she herself has not claimed is due to abuse. Again, though, people ignorant of the situation are keen to cry abuse on her behalf. I don't get it.

I honestly think it is presumptuous and even insulting to state definitively that a woman has been abused in private when she herself has not said so! She was the one who was actually experiencing it, and people are trying to define her experience with their voices, ignoring hers, to make it suit their own dramatic narrative... people who weren't even there. That is the opposite of empowering other women.

Soda - I asked the question in my post - are the accusations of Lindsey hurting Stevie I'm reading accepted as true? I'm reading these things and asking the question. They may be completely unsubstantiated or false, that's why I asked, I couldn't figure out why fans are OK with it. You say she has never accused him, yet I'm reading quotes from her - that's why I asked the question. I'll take from your post that she has never said he hurt her and that that is the commonly held belief of fans. I'm not ignoring her voice, I'm reading quotes attributed to her. Of course the media can be wrong. You are the first poster to reply to my question, everyone else is ignoring it. I would never have any reason to state she has been abused except for what I'm reading in the media! Of course I don't know her private life.