Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
after all the crap they put poor Lindsey through, now they want to retire. Please........
Agreed.

I was curious how Christine said that about Stevie though. Mick - he wants to do it at the drop of the hat. John - too frail to get out there. Christine herself - too old in her opinion to do it anymore. And Stevie - probably won't be touring with Fleetwood Mac again. I didn't know how to take that bit. I tend to look for deeper meaning and reading between the lines. But I felt it was left open to do so.

I was kinda hoping Stevie would get a taste of her own medicine until I read the bit about John's health and thought maybe it was tied into that for Stevie. But I think it would be a nice karma if they brought Lindsey back, and got rid of Stevie for Bekka Bramlett or something like that! Even for just one tour. I love Stevie and I love her music, but my opinion of her soured over her throwing her little drama queen fit over the MusicCares thing where Lindsey supposedly looked at her the wrong way. It was a bit diva ish. She is a diva, but come on man! A little payback wouldn't hurt a thing and might be some humility that she may need. Lindsey is so underrated and really got the shaft on that thing.

If they aren't willing to bring Lindsey back, then yes please do retire. See ya. I have no interest in seeing a version of Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham the same way I have no interest in seeing a band still calling themselves the Eagles without Glenn Frey. It's just not cool. I wish they had just retired after Glenn's passing. And I wish FM would have done the same. End on a good note. It's like movie sequels. They can be as good or better than the first movie, or it can just sour and delegitimize the whole thing. Especially with a movie that had a sequel and now it's the 3rd in the series. Never go out with a whimper. Go out with a bang or just go out into the night. Just my thoughts!

In the words of Motley Crue - Don't go away mad. Just go away!