Page 111 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Trav, do you mean like Lindsey would ask for more money and Stevie would draw the line? That makes sense.

P.S. Randy people have been saying for years that Irving is evil, but folks didn't want to hear...
    Irving is Lindsey's personal manager and he's out of the band? I seriously don't get any of this.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

There's a lot of rumors going around, but here's what people are saying.

Fleetwood Mac had planned to do a worldwide tour this year, starting this summer, with rehearsals starting in the spring. They'd been waiting for Stevie to finish her solo touring; they've been waiting for her to finish up since 2016. She was finally ready, and the plans were in place. That much we know.

We also know that Lindsey had spoken of releasing a solo album and touring for it in the spring.

Here's where the rumors start.

Word is that Lindsey wanted Fleetwood Mac to work around his solo album touring schedule. They didn't want to. He was upset about it, pointed out how they'd waited for Stevie, how they'd worked around her. They went back and forth over it, tried to find a middle ground.

But then something went down after MusiCares in January. I don't know what was said or done to make it escalate, but Stevie got very angry with Lindsey after that night, absolutely enraged, and she issued an ultimatum to Mick Fleetwood: I'm not touring with him. It's him or me. Mick picked Stevie.

Lindsey was kicked out of the band.

The Sirius station that was about to go on the air was suddenly yanked and all went quiet as Mick started searching behind the scenes for replacements to go on the tour which is still on the books for this summer.

When former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Billy Burnette found out he wasn't picked, he posted on his social media Friday that Lindsey was fired, and the news broke before Mick Fleetwood could make an official statement.

As a result, the official statement, designed to make it appear as if Lindsey left willingly, now falls completely flat... and a whole lot of Fleetwood Mac fans are very, very angry.

And yes, Lindsey was the one who Mick Fleetwood asked to join the band in 1974, and he refused to join the band unless they also took his girlfriend, Stevie Nicks.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Irving is Lindsey's personal manager and he's out of the band? I seriously don't get any of this.
    Stunning newsflash: Irving Azoff is no longer listed as managing Fleetwood Mac in their latest press release! Did he leave with Lindsey???

According to Variety: "Fleetwood Mac is managed by CSM and Suretone Management." CSM is Stevie's management and Suretone is Mick's management. This is news to me. Last I heard they were being managed by Azoff. VERY interesting.

ETA: Stevie used to be managed by Azoff personally in the 80s, until he told her she needed to lose weight, at which point she dumped him... and Stevie knows how to hold a grudge. If she were on a tear, I can see her insisting on her own management team being in charge, even if - or ESPECIALLY if - that meant toppling Azoff.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This is all just unbelievable! I can't imagine FM without Lindsey! What a complete mess!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Pun intended Soda?

My mom is a huge fan and she said they have been in and out for their entire career and wasn’t shocked

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Stunning newsflash: Irving Azoff is no longer listed as managing Fleetwood Mac in their latest press release! Did he leave with Lindsey???

According to Variety: "Fleetwood Mac is managed by CSM and Suretone Management." CSM is Stevie's management and Suretone is Mick's management. This is news to me. Last I heard they were being managed by Azoff. VERY interesting.

ETA: Stevie used to be managed by Azoff personally in the 80s, until he told her she needed to lose weight, at which point she dumped him... and Stevie knows how to hold a grudge. If she were on a tear, I can see her insisting on her own management team being in charge, even if - or ESPECIALLY if - that meant toppling Azoff.
    I am happy they decided to dump Irving. The way he manages bands especially the way he did with GNR is Unaceptable. They made a good choice Even though it ment Lindsey had to go but Irving is a crook.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    There's a lot of rumors going around, but here's what people are saying.

Fleetwood Mac had planned to do a worldwide tour this year, starting this summer, with rehearsals starting in the spring. They'd been waiting for Stevie to finish her solo touring; they've been waiting for her to finish up since 2016. She was finally ready, and the plans were in place. That much we know.

We also know that Lindsey had spoken of releasing a solo album and touring for it in the spring.

Here's where the rumors start.

Word is that Lindsey wanted Fleetwood Mac to work around his solo album touring schedule. They didn't want to. He was upset about it, pointed out how they'd waited for Stevie, how they'd worked around her. They go back and forth over it, try to find a middle ground.

But something went down after MusiCares in January. I don't know what was said or what made it escalate, but Stevie got very angry with Lindsey that night, absolutely enraged, and she issued an ultimatum to Mick Fleetwood: I'm not touring with him. It's him or me. Mick picked Stevie.

Lindsey was kicked out of the band.

The Sirius station that was about to go on the air was suddenly yanked and all went quiet as Mick started searching behind the scenes for replacements to go on the tour which is still on the books for this summer.

When former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Billy Burnette found out he wasn't picked, he posted on his social media Friday that Lindsey was fired, and the news broke before Mick Fleetwood could make an official statement.

As a result, the official statement, designed to make it appear as if Lindsey left willingly, now falls completely flat... and a whole lot of Fleetwood Mac fans are very, very angry.

And yes, Lindsey was the one who Mick Fleetwood asked to join the band in 1974, and he refused to join the band unless they also took his girlfriend, Stevie Nicks.
    Wow I bet Lindsey is really upset that Stevie betrayed him.

Mick must not be doing great he must be feeling terrible. I bet he didn’t want to get rid of Lindsey and was between the guy he personally asked to join the band and the Lead Singer.

Thanks for the background info, RudieCantFail and Soda. Lindsay being fired is a distressing jolt but hasn’t FM been through this before, i.e. touring without key members?

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    P.S. Randy people have been saying for years that Irving is evil, but folks didn't want to hear...
    Yes indeed.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thanks for the background info, RudieCantFail and Soda. Lindsay being fired is a distressing jolt but hasn’t FM been through this before, i.e. touring without key members?

Yes indeed.

They have Buckingham left in 1987 the first time.

Stevie and Christine left in 1990 and Christine left again in 98.

So this is nothing new

They've been here before, but what makes it so much more upsetting to me is that this could very well be their last tour.

In 1987, they were all in their 40s. They had time to do their own thing, to cool off, to maybe get together again... and that's exactly what happened.

Now, as we've tragically seen with Glenn, they may not have that much time left.

If the last tour we get is this travesty - and it looks like that is quite probably the case - then it's far sadder than all those past ups and downs; those occurred when their story was still in the midst of being told, when there was still hope, rather than when it was coming to an end and there is nothing left but despair.