Page 119 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Calling Mick an a--hole though? Seems a little harsh. Granted, firing a dude whom you've worked with for 40+ years is mighty harsh too, but who said it was easy for Mick? Maybe he was very torn up about it, we don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    And as for those flyers from irate fans? The less one knows about a given situation, the easier it is to make value judgments...
    I agree with both of you. I remember well all the terrible things that used to be said about Glenn by people who assumed they knew the inside scoop. At least no one went so far as to print up flyers and post them around town.

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    Something else to consider: a friend of mine who is familiar with the contractual arrangements between the members of Fleetwood Mac tells me that whether Buckingham plays on this tour or not, he will get paid essentially the same amount, each and every month. He can't simply be "fired," at least not in the commonly understood meaning of the word.
    Thanks for the info about the contractual arrangements, peneumbra. Interesting.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I think it's great fans speak out. There is song power and there is fan power.

It's a two way street.

Artists complain about being exploited by record companies and managers - fans are exploited and manipulated by artists, bands, record companies, managers, promoters, etc.

There are more productive ways to deal with irate, unhappy fans than chastising them for speaking out.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I find the flyers rather vulgar, although I admit I laughed when I first saw them in all their brazenly defiant glory; the amateurish design only made them appear more in-your-face.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, it's true... Indeed, I even hesitate to take as gospel the words of our friend peneumbra here, as he occasionally has been mistaken when relating his insider information.

Perhaps Stevie and Mick have been falsely maligned. However, I think it's safe to say Lindsey is not a happy man. Lindsey's wife Kristen Buckingham has posted on social media that her husband got a "raw deal" and posted this statement (while vague, note the hashtag - and the original version singled out Stevie and Mick, but was edited). Lindsey's niece posted a picture of the flyer dissing Stevie with the comment "Agreed." His daughter has gone around liking statuses that insult Stevie and Mick.

So, the admittedly biased Buckinghams are on board the Stevie/Mick hate train.

Would I go around posting flyers like that? No. But I do admire their spirit!

It is nice to see so many fans who care enough to speak up.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...ingham-w519492

they've already decided that this tour will feature songs from the entire history of Fleetwood Mac, not just the original Buckingham/Nicks run from 1975 to 1987. “We were never able to do that since 1975 because certain people in the band weren’t interested in doing that,” says Nicks. “Now we’re able to open the set with a lot; a raucous version of [1969’s] ‘Rattlesnake Shake’ or something. I’d also like to do [1970’s] ‘Station Man,’ which has always been one of may favorites. We’re definitely doing [1970’s] ‘Oh Well.’”

She means Lindsey. Who else? When I saw them they did Oh Well, sung by Lindsey. He was totally, utterly dominant in the show I saw. Maybe the others were tired of him being such a scene-stealer (I mean it's very hard to upstage Stevie). Maybe they genuinely do wish to revisit the pre 1975 days. Three of them are certainly capable of doing so.

Neil Finn looks totally bemused & out of place in that photo. I am still having trouble working out what role he might play in terms of vocals.

I wish more Eagles fans had spoken out the way Mac fans have done.

They did play "Oh Well," but who can blame Lindsey for not wanting to play fewer of his original songs for obscure older Mac stuff?

"Rattlesnake Shake" is a song about masturbation. I kid you not. I think Lindsey would be embarrassed to sing lines like: "I know this guy - his name is Mick - he don't care if he ain't got no chick - he do the shake, the rattlesnake shake and jerks away the blues." Yes, those are really the lyrics.

"Station Man" is your typical blues song with the same simplistic lines repeated over and over with some slight variations. They did it live in 1975 when Stevie and Lindsey first joined. It wasn't bad, but nothing spectacular - it gets interesting for about thirty seconds at the bridge but otherwise it's just OK (Listen here).

Fleetwood Mac did have some quality material pre-BN; I own all the albums, and they all have at least one good song. However, Fleetwood Mac was conceived as a blues band, and repetitive three-chord English blues numbers are just not what the audiences have come to hear, with or without Lindsey.

The only songs from the pre-BN days that people know in the US are "Oh Well" and "Black Magic Woman," and Lindsey did the former, despite Stevie claiming they "never" did any of that. Heck, it's on their live album! She can't even keep track of her own BS.

By the way, easy for her to snark about Lindsey not wanting to play pre-BN material. He's the one who would have had to drop his songs to do so. She wouldn't have had to sacrifice any of her own leads. Something tells me she'd be a lot less keen to play "Station Man" if it meant that she'd have to drop "Landslide" to accommodate it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I don’t really see why they should even bother playing songs from before Stevie and Lindsey. It’s just a completely different band in my eyes, with little connection sound wise. It’s not like the eagles playing deep cuts, they key players were the same. For Fleetwood Mac they are not only different players, the players aren’t there. It makes no sense to me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I don’t really see why they should even bother playing songs from before Stevie and Lindsey. It’s just a completely different band in my eyes, with little connection sound wise. It’s not like the eagles playing deep cuts, they key players were the same. For Fleetwood Mac they are not only different players, the players aren’t there. It makes no sense to me.
    Er.... Mick Fleetwood, John McVie & Christine McVie.

I mean if you are going to use that argument, the 'Eagles', with one original member left, should not be playing any tracks from before 1976 either.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-27-2018 at 10:27 PM.

I don't know that I believe Mick in that it was a case of Lindsey not wanting to tour. If that's the case, it's like Steve Perry in Journey. You get replaced. Or with Dennis DeYoung in Styx. And you have to accept that that will happen if you hold the other guys up. I'm personally ok with Journey moving on in this case and I've seen and will continue to see them when they come nearby. Same with Styx.

But I don't think that happened. I think it was as was originally described. Stevie and Lindsey got into it, and Stevie pulled a diva move with an ultimatum to Mick, they asked promoters, and Stevie won. After all wasn't it Stevie who didn't want to work on a record and tour in favor of her solo career? That's why they did Buckingham McVie after all. Because Stevie wouldn't commit to anything. Now she's trying to say LINDSEY didn't want to tour or record? That sounds like BS.

If it's the latter, I have no interest in seeing them or buying a new record. Until I'm proven otherwise, I'm going with the latter as what really went down with FM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

If they play Oh Well, Black Magic Woman, Sentimental Lady, or The Derelict, I might be intrigued

I personally am only interested in the Buckingham Nicks era material. More soft rock type stuff. So the fact they are playing the Peter Green-era material and other early stuff doesn't affect me at all. I'm sure Mike Campbell likes it though because that's up his alley. It will be curious to hear Mike playing Lindsey's licks. I want to see if he can do it and have it sound close. Lindsey has one of the most unique guitar styles in the history of rock, and Mike plays a flatpick and mostly blues rock type style. Lindsey seemed to have other influences. I love his style.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."