Page 122 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Hi Mary ! I was considering going to see FM but now without Lindsey I do not think I'll go. I don't really know much about their pre-Stevie/Lindsey songs. To me, FM has to have the Rumors line up to see. Besides, I bet the ticket price does not change much.

I just got notified by the conference that my paper's been accepted. Looks like I'll be going after all.

It makes me sad that I don't feel jazzed about going. All of my bands have been ruined for me.

It just goes to show you that you shouldn't invest too much of your heart into these bands. Enjoy the music, but don't care too much about the bands who make it. A hard lesson to learn.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Hi Mary ! I was considering going to see FM but now without Lindsey I do not think I'll go. I don't really know much about their pre-Stevie/Lindsey songs. To me, FM has to have the Rumors line up to see. Besides, I bet the ticket price does not change much.
    At the presale I looked at, there were a lot of decent seats in the $65 to $95 range. That seems considerably lower than the last FM shows I went to.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    At the presale I looked at, there were a lot of decent seats in the $65 to $95 range. That seems considerably lower than the last FM shows I went to.

NMB - Thank You, that's quite a bit cheaper than I thought they would be. They do not come to the NY/NJ area until March of next year I believe. Who knows maybe by then Mick will come to senses and "unfire" Lindsay.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I just got notified by the conference that my paper's been accepted.
    Congratulations, Soda. Maybe you can think of it as a conference and afterwards you get to go see Stevie Nicks perform live, nothin' wrong with that! Just heard Landslide live on the Sirius channel and it got me pumped. You'll have a better time if you get better tix.

Banned

Cool Re: Fleetwood Mac

If you want to meet and greet Mick Fleetwood, I'd suggest a visit to his restaurant ("My Beeestro," as he calls it), Fleetwood's On Front St., in Lahaina. Seriously good food, good live acts on the weekends, and, the last time we were there, Mick hisself was answering the phone, taking reservations.

If you asked him, he'd probably let you help bus the tables...

I've checked that restaurant out online. When I saw they did wedding receptions, I even thought it would be a cool place for a destination wedding. Now the idea holds less charm.

I'm glad you liked the food. A friend of mine who lives in Hawaii thinks it's awful. Guess he went on a bad night.

I already did a M&G with Mick, back when it came with a ticket. Glad I got it while the getting was good.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Last night, “Lyin Eyes” played on the Fleetwood Mac Sirius channel during Christine’s DJ segment. I missed the beginning so I didn’t get to hear what she said about it or why she chose it for her playlist.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Lindsey finally addresses his firing from FM during a solo performance at a political fundraiser.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?time_cont...&v=ZEI3ftV3y1s

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks Delilah. The Sirius channel is playing so many cool FM demos, I love hearing them, he is such a good singer. But, when it is time for the Mothership to go on tour, you have to jump on board and put other things to the side - everyone in the band has to. Of course, I don't know if timing issues related to his own solo projects are what led to his ouster, it may be something else entirely.

My only other thought on the matter is that perhaps Stevie has reached an age/stage of her life where she has a new perspective on her relationship with him over the past 43 years and is done "compromising". It is said that one of the (few) benefits to women as they age is that they become willing to say no, that won't work for me, when for their entire life they have always tried to please those around them, to their own detriment. Again, I have no idea if this is the case here, I'm looking at the situation from an outside perspective. But, it must have been a REALLY bad and intractable dispute for them to make the decision to go on without him.

Just seeing this video of him - the fact that he is alive and available and performing and wants to perform with FM...it's really unbelievable. Totally different situation from the Eagles and from Journey, and definitely the worst of all three. And, the tour doesn't even START until October, its so far away!! Maybe they'll work something out by then...