Page 128 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by RamboIV View Post
    I'd rather see Stevie solo work at a Stevie solo show. But, in this context, I am a beggar that really cannot be a chooser lol. I hope to see FM this year, but that might be the last time, ever. And THAT is what truly blows.
    I think you nailed it with this comment. It’s not always the case that people who go see a new or different line-up do so without knowing the difference or b/c they don’t care. In fact, I bet most fans are aware it’s not the same. Sometimes there’s just isn’t a choice if a fan wants to hear the music, despite the absence of some of the original/key members.

So this article is hinting there may be a new album from this line-up. Maybe it’s just speculation.

Effectively, they are forming a new band with Campbell and Finn in tow, and if the “rumors” prove to be true, the reborn Fleetwood Mac band looks to record music together as the whirlwind tour of “An Evening with Fleetwood Mac” settles down.
    “What You Need To Know About Tickets To The Fleetwood Mac Tour”, Forbes, May 6, 2018

As an aside, the comments complaining about how Neil Finn is being characterized (or perceived to be characterized) are quite ironic given some of the things said about Vince Gill.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I think you nailed it with this comment. It’s not always the case that people who go see a new or different line-up do so without knowing the difference or b/c they don’t care. In fact, I bet most fans are aware it’s not the same. Sometimes there’s just isn’t a choice if a fan wants to hear the music, despite the absence of some of the original/key members.

So this article is hinting there may be a new album from this line-up. Maybe it’s just speculation.

“What You Need To Know About Tickets To The Fleetwood Mac Tour”, Forbes, May 6, 2018

As an aside, the comments complaining about how Neil Finn is being characterized (or perceived to be characterized) are quite ironic given some of the things said about Vince Gill.
    I also agree about the beggers and choosers line. It really sums up this side of the issue. I also think they might record more material, I think Stevie really doesn’t want to deal with Lindsey in the studio. Hence here absense in the LBCM album. Now that he is gone, I’m sure they’ll record

Stuck on the Border

I am not turning off my ad blocker to read what Forbes has to say.

But there IS a choice. You can choose not to go. It is not compulsory to go to these shows. You can stay home & play the records. You don't have to accept a second rate substitute.

Having said that, I suppose there are people who are genuinely intrigued by this & want to see it. Part of me, I admit, might want to see it, whereas I would have nothing to do with the 'Eagles'.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I am not turning off my ad blocker to read what Forbes has to say.

But there IS a choice. You can choose not to go. It is not compulsory to go to these shows. You can stay home & play the records. You don't have to accept a second rate substitute.

Having said that, I suppose there are people who are genuinely intrigued by this & want to see it. Part of me, I admit, might want to see it, whereas I would have nothing to do with the 'Eagles'.
    That’s true for some, but if you’ve never seen those bands I would think you would have to be crazy not to see them live if you can afford to do so.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    That’s true for some, but if you’ve never seen those bands I would think you would have to be crazy not to see them live if you can afford to do so.

Not if it's not the real band. I don't understand this 'you gotta see them' attitude. I don't go & see acts I don't like or don't think are authentic. I made an exception for Queen + Adam Lambert, reluctantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Not if it's not the real band. I don't understand this 'you gotta see them' attitude. I don't go & see acts I don't like or don't think are authentic. I made an exception for Queen + Adam Lambert, reluctantly.
    I respect that attitude but I don’t think that if you like the entire band that if one is missing, that it’s better to have never seen them than to see a partial lineup.

I respect that attitude but I don’t think that if you like the entire band that if one is missing, that it’s better to have never seen them than to see a partial lineup.
    I'm glad you respect that attitude since the whole "you would have to be crazy" comment made me think that maybe you didn't.

The truth is that some people think that if its' a "partial lineup" with someone else - or more than one "someone else" - it's not the same band. It's like drinking Diet Coke instead of real Coke. It may have most of the same ingredients, but it's just not as good. That Sugar Substitute just doesn't cut it.

And it's sure as heck not worth the small fortune some of these bands are charging to see "the JV team" play. That's in the opinion of more than just "crazy" people.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm glad you respect that attitude since the whole "you would have to be crazy" comment made me think that maybe you didn't.

The truth is that some people think that if its' a "partial lineup" with someone else - or more than one "someone else" - it's not the same band. It's like drinking Diet Coke instead of real Coke. It may have most of the same ingredients, but it's just not as good. That Sugar Substitute just doesn't cut it.

And it's sure as heck not worth the small fortune some of these bands are charging to see "the JV team" play. That's in the opinion of more than just "crazy" people.
    I’m sorry for using the word crazy. I all have the respect for people who have seen the band and don’t wish to see a partial lineup. My issue is, for people who have never seen them, and really love the band, it would be a big mistake to not see some of the members of the band perform the music. It’s more legitimate in terms of musical quality and sound than a solo performance would be.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

some of the members of the band perform the music..
    You're missing the issue, YEF. The opposition isn't to members of the band performing the music, even all together, the opposition is to those members calling themselves "Eagles." Same with Fleetwood Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    You're missing the issue, YEF. The opposition isn't to members of the band performing the music, even all together, the opposition is to those members calling themselves "Eagles." Same with Fleetwood Mac.
    I’m aware the opposition to the band is based off the name and such, but that’s only for some. I’m merely stating that for those who have no alternative, regardless of name, seeing the bands in their current lineups makes complete sense. I’m not talking about the general 3.0 lineup or Fleetwood Mac issue.