Page 129 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm glad you respect that attitude since the whole "you would have to be crazy" comment made me think that maybe you didn't.

The truth is that some people think that if its' a "partial lineup" with someone else - or more than one "someone else" - it's not the same band. It's like drinking Diet Coke instead of real Coke. It may have most of the same ingredients, but it's just not as good. That Sugar Substitute just doesn't cut it.

And it's sure as heck not worth the small fortune some of these bands are charging to see "the JV team" play. That's in the opinion of more than just "crazy" people.
    Well said Soda.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I would also like to reiterate that I was talking solely about people who have never seen them. I feel it is obvious to see the band when you can even if you can’t see the ideal lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I would also like to reiterate that I was talking solely about people who have never seen them. I feel it is obvious to see the band when you can even if you can’t see the ideal lineup.
    Well, there are a lot of people in the Fleetwood Mac fandom who haven't seen them and yet aren't going to make the "obvious" choice to see this pale imitation.

I and others have already tried to explain why, but at this point, I'm just going to have to leave you blinking uncomprehendingly at this factoid and move on.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well, there are a lot of people in the Fleetwood Mac fandom who haven't seen them and yet aren't going to make the "obvious" choice to see this pale imitation.

I and others have already tried to explain why, but at this point, I'm just going to have to leave you blinking uncomprehendingly at this factoid and move on.
    May I ask why they generally don’t want to see them? Because there are many factors involved but if it’s in a situation where cost isn’t a factor and it’s merely a choice of seeing 4 out of the 5 members vs never seeing them, I have a hard time believing that one would reject seeing it. Especially since there seems to be a consensus that this band is a legitimate lineup since it has John and Mick. Unless they like the music of Fleetwood Mac but are really just really big Lindsey fans.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    May I ask why they generally don’t want to see them? Because there are many factors involved but if it’s in a situation where cost isn’t a factor and it’s merely a choice of seeing 4 out of the 5 members vs never seeing them, I have a hard time believing that one would reject seeing it. Especially since there seems to be a consensus that this band is a legitimate lineup since it has John and Mick. Unless they like the music of Fleetwood Mac but are really just really big Lindsey fans.

YEF - I have always been a fan of Fleetwood Mack. However, I should say from the Rumors period on. I am kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I don't think I ever heard a pre-Rumors song that I can remember.
    I don't think I would see them in concert without Lindsay. To me FM is not FM without Lindsay. Just my 2 cents worth and HO.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    So this article is hinting there may be a new album from this line-up. Maybe it’s just speculation.

“What You Need To Know About Tickets To The Fleetwood Mac Tour”, Forbes, May 6, 2018

I can't see the article, but I have heard this, too. I lay odds about 50/50 on this materializing.

Why It Might Not Happen:

• Stevie has said she doesn't like to do studio albums because they don't sell
    • Stevie has a hard time adjusting her schedule to work with the rest of Fleetwood Mac on a studio album
    • Stevie hasn't written a lot of new material lately

Why It Might Happen:

• They have a lot of good songwriters in the band, and maybe they lured Finn and Campbell in with promises of getting their songs on an FM album
    • Stevie can pull out old demos to rework and can get help from Campbell writing new material
    • It would be a great way for Stevie to twist the knife with Lindsey, because he begged her to do a studio album with Fleetwood Mac for years and she blew him off

So I could see it happening - at least a few MP3 downloads as an "EP."

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    YEF - I have always been a fan of Fleetwood Mack. However, I should say from the Rumors period on. I am kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I don't think I ever heard a pre-Rumors song that I can remember.
    I don't think I would see them in concert without Lindsay. To me FM is not FM without Lindsay. Just my 2 cents worth and HO.
    I get that and empathize with opinion. I like the white album a lot but before LB and SN joined the band, I have no interest at all. I do feel Lindsey in my opinion was the most important creative force in the band. But I consider that opinion to be a bit different than my scenario where you believe one member is too important to be missed out on. I’m not saying you’re wrong or anything just that it’s a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Don't bother, NKIT. It has been explained to him multiple times but as you can see from his reply, "DOES NOT COMPUTE" keeps flashing across the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan
    I get that and empathize
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Don't bother, NKIT. It has been explained to him multiple times but as you can see from his reply, "DOES NOT COMPUTE" keeps flashing across the screen.

I can share the same feelings about the new Fleetwood Mac lineup because I am primarily interested in Lindsey. He is m favorite member of the band. What NKIT said is something I can share feelings about because in fact we do! I’m not an idiot. I can disagree as a whole but still feel the same way about certain parts.

I don’t think it’s fair to mention my previous discussions about the Eagles lineup, because Fleetwood Mac’s situation is much different. There is generally a consensus that the Fleetwood Mac lineup is a legitimate lineup and it is FleetwoodMac. That is not the case for the Eagles. I think it’s then worthwhile to discuss that it would be a different case. Unless you value Lindsey above all others, it would seem that given money and scheduling wasn’t an issue, you would want to see the lineup if given no other alternatives.