Page 130 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Poor Mick. Ambushed by TMZ at the airport again!

Latest: he denies that there was an ultimatum. Or at least, says "no" as he moves to get away.

Do we believe him?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well – As I’ve said before, I think we have to chalk up our opinions to different belief/value systems. Some fans have absolutely no interest in seeing a band play without its key members because they believe the music is not an authentic version of what was created by these members. Other fans are perfectly fine with substitutes filling in for essential members even though they acknowledge that the music is compromised. I guess it’s really that simple.

Once again, I’ll use a Beatles analogy because I believe they set the gold standard for all other bands. I can only wrap my head around one version of The Beatles. They are forever frozen in music history as John, Paul, George, and Ringo because they are the only version of the band that ever existed in most of our minds. I believe anything else it is a totally inconceivable concept for most of us. Now, obviously, over time, other bands have successfully replaced some members and were able to continue and, in some cases, even prosper. However, legendary bands that achieved the height of their success with one, two, or even three essential core members have a much more difficult time being seen as legitimate if they attempt to replace them. The bar is much higher for them and this is why I believe they shouldn’t do it – if they want to protect their legacy, the best way to do it is to follow the lead of The Beatles and ‘go your own way’.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well – As I’ve said before, I think we have to chalk up our opinions to different belief/value systems. Some fans have absolutely no interest in seeing a band play without its key members because they believe the music is not an authentic version of what was created by these members. Other fans are perfectly fine with substitutes filling in for essential members even though they acknowledge that the music is compromised. I guess it’s really that simple.

Once again, I’ll use a Beatles analogy because I believe they set the gold standard for all other bands. I can only wrap my head around one version of The Beatles. They are forever frozen in music history as John, Paul, George, and Ringo because they are the only version of the band that ever existed in most of our minds. I believe anything else it is a totally inconceivable concept for most of us. Now, obviously, over time, other bands have successfully replaced some members and were able to continue and, in some cases, even prosper. However, legendary bands that achieved the height of their success with one, two, or even three essential core members have a much more difficult time being seen as legitimate if they attempt to replace them. The bar is much higher for them and this is why I believe they shouldn’t do it – if they want to protect their legacy, the best way to do it is to follow the lead of The Beatles and ‘go your own way’.
    That is true. The Beatles are good comparison. I’ll just drop the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I don’t think it’s fair to mention my previous discussions about the Eagles lineup, because Fleetwood Mac’s situation is much different. There is generally a consensus that the Fleetwood Mac lineup is a legitimate lineup and it is FleetwoodMac. That is not the case for the Eagles. I think it’s then worthwhile to discuss that it would be a different case. Unless you value Lindsey above all others, it would seem that given money and scheduling wasn’t an issue, you would want to see the lineup if given no other alternatives.
    Yeah, not seeing a whole lot of difference in the situations. Yes, one band is different because of a death; the other different because of a firing. But the result is close enough to compare apples to apples.

Trying to see it your way. Your mileage may vary, but some of us are obviously traveling a different road. Not sure why you can't accept that.

Banned

Cool Re: Fleetwood Mac

The Beatles: John, Paul, George, Ringo.

In the '70s, the incoming Pope took the name "John Paul." He dies after about a year.

How come the next one wasn't called "George Ringo?"

I KNOW you've asked yourself this question a million times…

Angry Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Yeah, not seeing a whole lot of difference in the situations. Yes, one band is different because of a death; the other different because of a firing. But the result is close enough to compare apples to apples.

Trying to see it your way. Your mileage may vary, but some of us are obviously traveling a different road. Not sure why you can't accept that.
    I can accept that some people are on a different road. I’m saying that for a “road” like mine it makes sense to see the band. I don’t think the difference is about the nature of the replacement rather, that Fleetwood Mac still has two of the original members and it is still a widely accepted lineup. the eagles only had two original members and when Glenn passed it became one. And Glenn was very important to that duo. Lindsey for all his talents wasn’t an original member. That’s why I think they are different not firing vs death etc

Banned

Cool Re: Fleetwood Mac

Back in the Dark Ages (early '70s), FM fans were beside themselves when Peter Green hung it up - it was the absolute END of the band.

Well… the band soldiered on (with Jeremy Spencer playing lead until his brain also melted down). And on… And on, and on…

And I suppose they (Fleetwood Mac) will go on performing and recording until they pass on from this sorry world. Christine MacVie (whose last name was Perfect - very aptly), once said something like, "If I didn't have this (FM) to take my mind off my own problems, I'd be completely crackers, y'know?"

I know, darling, I know.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Saw on CNN this morning that Danny Kirwan has passed away in London at age 68. Cause of death unknown at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Saw on CNN this morning that Danny Kirwan has passed away in London at age 68. Cause of death unknown at this time.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...hg0?li=BBnbhK0

This article is a bit speculative, though.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Gosh, that’s sad. Fleetwood Mac guitarists seem to come to bad ends, not unlike Spinal Tap drummers.