Page 131 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

I read about Danny Kirwan a few days ago.

It is kind of strange how he, Jeremy Spencer and Peter Green all seemed to have suffered from mental issues. Somewhere I read long ago that Danny had been homeless at one point.

May he Rest In Peace.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

And Bob Welch tragically took his own life. It’s a sad history.

It's terribly sad about Danny Kirwan. He joined the band as a teenager, and was actually younger than Lindsey and Stevie when he died.

He did live a very troubled life, as I wrote in his RIP thread, and it is true that he was often homeless.

Danny's mental issues were exacerbated by alcoholism, which fueled the destructive behavior that got him fired from the band. His life was a struggle.

He never gets the recognition he deserves from the public. His guitar playing is a large part of Fleetwood Mac's early material, yet Peter Green gets all the credit. As I said elsewhere, he actually plays the solos in "Oh Well."

Here is Mick's statement:
    "DANNY KIRWAN
    MAY 13, 1950 ~ JUNE 8, 2018

A TRIBUTE FROM MICK FLEETWOOD AND FLEETWOOD MAC

Today was greeted by the sad news of the passing of Danny Kirwan in London, England. Danny was a huge force in our early years. His love for the Blues led him to being asked to join Fleetwood Mac in 1968, where he made his musical home for many years.

Danny’s true legacy, in my mind, will forever live on in the music he wrote and played so beautifully as a part of the foundation of Fleetwood Mac, that has now endured for over fifty years.

Thank you, Danny Kirwan. You will forever be missed!

~Mick Fleetwood and Fleetwood Mac

ALBUMS FEATURING THE WORK OF DANNY KIRWAN:
    Then Play On ​1969
    Blues Jam at Chess​ 1969
    Kiln House​ 1970
    Future Games​ 1971
    Bare Trees​ 1972"
    RIP, Danny.

My favorite track of his was actually an outtake. I also posted this in his RIP thread, but I think it's appropriate:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY5Tdk5g3HM[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Mick Fleetwood on the new Fleetwood Mac

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/mick-fleet...233748621.html

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks Dawn. But, I'm not impressed with Mick's defense for continuing. At the risk of being very repetitious, it sounds like he just confirms that this is all about money and egos.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Ugh, so disingenuous. And he tries to make it sound like Lindsey left of his own volition as he talks about how stressful it was for the band - says they considered disbanding! WTH! If it was so "huge" and difficult for you and caused such "panic", WHY DID YOU FIRE HIM?!

Oh, yeah, the freaking TOUR LOGISTICS. And to keep STEVIE HAPPY. Well congratulations. You did that, but you destroyed your epic band in the process.

Yeah, you've got some talented guys in, but so what? It's now "Stevie Nicks' All-Starr Band" rather than Fleetwood Mac. "We'll play some Fleetwood Mac songs, some Crowded House, some Heartbreakers, some Stevie solo... good times!"

They'll see soon enough the mistake they made. Already sales are down. I suppose they might pick up when the shows get closer but when they toured last time, they had sold much more by this point. If you go to their Lane One VIP site, there are still front row seats available for opening night.

Looks like Mac fans care who's on the stage - at least the hardcores do. They're the ones who buy early and pay the big money for the VIP seats. And they're not ponying up.

"Don't Dream It's Over".... but the world-changing version of Fleetwood Mac is over. And we're left with this. They'll never be truly great again.

Dreamer and Soda - AMEN

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

The impression I am getting from all of this is that Fleetwood Mac fans are a lot more passionate, and a lot more steadfast in their defence of authenticity, than 'Eagles' fans who have gone along with that situation. It's just an observation. I don't want to raise that issue again because I know where it will go. I think it's sad, that's all.

Another sign spotted in LA, and that fans are retweeting and sharing on instagram:

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That will be interesting to hear Stevie sing “Black Magic Woman.” I wonder if anyone in the audience will ask, “Why are they playing a Santana song?”

I liked the other article too, where Mike Campbell made an appearance at a Neil Finn show and they played “Man of the World.”