Page 135 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Red face Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    It definitely has something to do with Stevie. After Lindsey's wife said it had nothing to do with touring schedule, I definitely believe now it had something to do with that fight in February because he was let go not long after MusiCares. Probably a week or two later.
    More like days. Mike Campbell was called less than a week after MusiCares.

Yes, something went down there, but this is still wrong and they are still a bunch of liars. Plus, it sounds like Stevie must have already been thinking of pulling something like this to have Campbell on the line so quickly. He apparently knew that Lindsey was fired before Lindsey did.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

What a shame after all these years! It sure makes me unhappy with Stevie!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra View Post
    Maybe they will replace Lindsey with…

Sammy Hagar!!!

Wait - wrong band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    How about Axl Rose?!
    Maybe Lindsey can join up with Felder. They could form a super-group of fired band members. Add Steven Adler on drums and Michael Anthony on bass.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Maybe Lindsey can join up with Felder. They could form a super-group of fired band members. Add Steven Adler on drums and Michael Anthony on bass.
    Haha, a great idea! "The ex-members"

Banned

Cool Re: Fleetwood Mac

All the former Eagles (Leadon, Meisner, Felder) in one new group:

THE VULTURES!

Maybe with David Lee Roth and Lindsey Buckingham added for tour support!

I'm getting on the phone right now...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I wonder if Lindsey would sue them? It doesn’t seem his style, but if he feels he was unfairly dismissed and screwed out of a lucrative tour, maybe he would.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I wonder if Lindsey would sue them? It doesn’t seem his style, but if he feels he was unfairly dismissed and screwed out of a lucrative tour, maybe he would.
    Lindsey isn't going to take any legal action as long as he believes there's a possibility of him getting back in the band. However, if he perceives that the door is really slammed shut for good, I wonder....

Word is that all parties involved have been instructed not to speak with Lindsey, take any of his calls, or communicate with him directly in any way. I sniff the advice of lawyers there. They're definitely nervous.

Mick Fleetwood also has been weirdly reticent to say Lindsey was fired, calling it an "ugly" word and instead insisting on using other phrasing such as "we parted company" and "we went on without him" when asked if Lindsey was fired. Normally one would shrug it off, but he's done it in more than one interview now, and I find it odd that he won't answer "Yes" or "No." I wonder if that is also on the advice of lawyers. Maybe Lindsey hasn't been technically "fired" or some other such legal loophole that they can use to keep him from arguing he was wrongfully dismissed. Of course, it would be completely disingenuous to say he wasn't fired when he was told he couldn't participate in anything the band does and they've hired guys to replace him, but that's what they pay lawyers to do - wiggle them out of their obligations with BS technicalities.

Quote Originally Posted by peneumbra
    All the former Eagles (Leadon, Meisner, Felder) in one new group:

THE VULTURES!

Maybe with David Lee Roth and Lindsey Buckingham added for tour support!

Not sure I get the choice of band name. Whose carcasses are they preying upon?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It's funny. I once wrote a 'story' about rock music being banned in California by a dictatorial state governor who had exiled all the musicians of the time (Eagles, Ronstadt, Zevon, Neil Young etc). Their music had been replaced by state approved punk. In my story the Eagles (1980 lineup) smuggled themselves into a huge concert that was being staged in order to reveal themselves after their exile. The name they used was the Vultures, this being another bird of prey but with slightly more sinister 'punk' connotations.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Sounds interesting, FP!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It's funny. I once wrote a 'story' about rock music being banned in California by a dictatorial state governor who had exiled all the musicians of the time (Eagles, Ronstadt, Zevon, Neil Young etc). Their music had been replaced by state approved punk. In my story the Eagles (1980 lineup) smuggled themselves into a huge concert that was being staged in order to reveal themselves after their exile. The name they used was the Vultures, this being another bird of prey but with slightly more sinister 'punk' connotations.
    I would read that story.

When I hear "Vultures" I think of the vultures in Disney's Jungle Book cartoon. The ones hanging out in the tree with Beatle haircuts doing the schtick from "Marty": "What do you want to do tonight?" "I dunno, what do you wanna do tonight?"