Page 136 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It's funny. I once wrote a 'story' about rock music being banned in California by a dictatorial state governor who had exiled all the musicians of the time (Eagles, Ronstadt, Zevon, Neil Young etc). Their music had been replaced by state approved punk. In my story the Eagles (1980 lineup) smuggled themselves into a huge concert that was being staged in order to reveal themselves after their exile. The name they used was the Vultures, this being another bird of prey but with slightly more sinister 'punk' connotations.

I'd read that story, too!

I just posted a thread in Glenn's forum - a poem written about him. Maybe members can share in that thread any creative work they've done about him.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This was recently posted on the Fleetwood Mac forum The Ledge and I found it absolutely fascinating. People familiar with the intricacies of the band know that Lindsey Buckingham would take Stevie's demos and arrange them for her. Nowhere is this more striking than with the song "Gypsy." Now the video below has all of the known demos and "work in progress" versions out there in chronological order, and if you are into that kind of thing, it's so interesting to see that progression evolve.

It goes from her doing it on the piano by herself, then you can even hear her presenting it to the band at 15:30 (unfortunately, we can only hear what she says). Then, she gets some feedback, then you hear a few more outtake versions with additional instrumentation, at 29:50 the full band is playing on it and it starts to take the shape we know... At 43:00, Lindsey starts adding in some melodic guitar parts, additional bass; at 57:30 they are in the studio and you can actually hear Lindsey singing various counter melodies he is thinking of putting on there...

If you just want to see the difference between the beginning and the end product, though, just listen to the first seven minutes or so (the piano demo) and the last few minutes (the final product) and be amazed!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Thanks for posting that - very interesting! I will also say I appreciate how civil this Eagles forum is compared to the FM one. There are differences of opinion on here too, for sure, but at least all sides seem to be fans and like the members of the band!

Border Rebel

Thanks for posting, Soda. I haven't listened to all of it, but hit the high points that you listed. It really shows how the song evolved. The pictures of Stevie kind of do the same thing!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

It's painstaking work, isn't it? Most of us imagine the life of a successful musician must be so exciting, but really there must be times of great tedium as well. Have you ever seen the film "Sympathy for the Devil?" It shows the Stones working on what became the classic song, but it took a looooonnnngg time to come together. Days, possibly weeks. At first it's exciting to see them in the storied Olympic Studios in their hippie finery. But after endless variations and experimentations that don't work out, one just wants to yell, "Oh drop it, FFS!"

"I'm a Black Magic Woman," nice

Fleetwood Mac started their tour yesterday in Tulsa. I've heard a few songs on YouTube. Not bad.

Here's the setlist. It might through the tour or it could stay the same. I didn't copy and paste it just in case somebody is going and wants to be surprised. I think I remembered reading Soda was going to one of the shows. They did keep a few of Lindsey's songs. Some songs Pre Buckingham-Nicks.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/fleet...-1be905bc.html

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, i wish them luck, but I have no desire to see this incarnation without Lindsey.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I just went back at earlier post and Soda was supposed to go to last night’s show. I wonder if she went.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

I'm going to see them in St. Louis on the 20th. I really like their choice of setlist and from what I've seen so far on YouTube has been great.