Page 144 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    The writer got it wrong then. That’s a pretty huge thing to get wrong!
    One more careless reviewer!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I understand if I don't get an answer since I probably should take time to do the research. But I'm not a FM fan, so I try to get a quick answer...

At some point I tried to find out what it was that made Stevie so angry at Lindsey. The only thing I found out was Lindsey jokingly glancing at his watch while Stevie was making a speech. There MUST have been more than that. What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I understand if I don't get an answer since I probably should take time to do the research. But I'm not a FM fan, so I try to get a quick answer...

At some point I tried to find out what it was that made Stevie so angry at Lindsey. The only thing I found out was Lindsey jokingly glancing at his watch while Stevie was making a speech. There MUST have been more than that. What was it?
    I agree there must be something more to it than that. I suspect an issue that is of a private nature may be involved. Sometimes when I have a strong enough stomach I will wander over to the Ledge and lurk. One theory I’ve read over there is that Stevie was resentful of the album Lindsey and Christine made together (and also involved Mick and John). There are other theories as well but they tend to be bound up with personal attacks against Stevie so I question their credibility.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I agree there must be something more to it than that. I suspect an issue that is of a private nature may be involved. Sometimes when I have a strong enough stomach I will wander over to the Ledge and lurk. One theory I’ve read over there is that Stevie was resentful of the album Lindsey and Christine made together (and also involved Mick and John). There are other theories as well but they tend to be bound up with personal attacks against Stevie so I question their credibility.
    The Ledge is informative but yeah, you do have to sift through a lot of anger. Many fans are hurt and aren't going to accept a Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey, especially when he was treated so crappily.

I don't personally buy the resentment angle; it's certainly possible it displeased her that he recorded material with Christine and called it Buckingham McVie, but if so, it's just one more thing on a long list.

I believe that Stevie had become accustomed to being surrounded only by "yes" people, and had decided that she was going to remove from her life anyone who presumed to challenge her. Lindsey was the only one left who did that... so he had to go.

She points to this lame MusiCares "he was smirking at me" thing to make it Lindsey's fault. Yes, it's feeble, but she didn't have much to work with. It's like when you're looking to break up with someone, and so you grab on to something little they did and act like it's this awful thing that forced you to break up with them because you don't want to be the bad guy.

I don't think there was a triggering event per se; I don't think it's so much what he did. I think it's what she knew he was going to do. Touring with Lindsey would be stressful. He would not defer to her.

By contrast, touring without him - touring instead with someone she handpicked - that would be soft and easy. She would be surrounded by people who knew on which side their bread was buttered, who understood she was the real star, and who would treat her accordingly. Never again would she be challenged. "Yes, Stevie. Whatever you say, Stevie."

The reason it happened after MusiCares was not because of any fight, IMO. It was because the tour was about to start. They had planned to announce the tour that week. Stevie knew it was "now or never" if she wanted to go on the road with someone other than Lindsey. With Mike Campbell available, she had a replacement ready that would allow Fleetwood Mac to, in her mind, no longer need Lindsey Buckingham live. It was time to make her move, and she did. Cue the "outrage" after MusiCares. I think she had been planning to engineer Lindsey's firing ever since Tom Petty's death freed Campbell up. That's why he got called in, what, 72 hours after MusiCares?

And now, surrounded by sycophants and enablers, she can dance happily in her own little world forever.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the quick replies. Since I'm not a fan of the band I couldn't spend hours browsing through interviews and forums. I am interested in the personalities, however, so I was curious about this.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda, I think you are right on and have summed it up quite well!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Interesting post, Soda. That does seem to fit Stevie’s comment about being 70 years old now and no longer having to put up with drama, or something to that effect.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

It sucks because I used to be such a Stevie fan (reminds me of Eagles 3.0) and now that is just soured.

I absolutely 100 percent concur with Soda on Stevie's thinking. Stevie wanted to rule the roost with "yes ma'am" as the only thing coming from the band. And unfortunately, with the help of Mick, John, and Christine - she is able to do so. They chose to value her over Lindsey. Even though Stevie had abandoned them and she was not wanting to tour (hence Buckingham McVie). They should have showed Stevie the door and went with Lindsey, like Mick wanted him all those years ago. It was Lindsey's pleading that got them to accept Stevie. Lindsey was who they wanted. Stevie needs to remember that. It was Lindsey.

I'll just say it, after all this, a Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey and without Stevie is very doable to me. I wouldn't have ever said that before but I think it's time to tell Stevie to drop the diva drama or it's goodbye.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    It sucks because I used to be such a Stevie fan (reminds me of Eagles 3.0) and now that is just soured.

I absolutely 100 percent concur with Soda on Stevie's thinking. Stevie wanted to rule the roost with "yes ma'am" as the only thing coming from the band. And unfortunately, with the help of Mick, John, and Christine - she is able to do so. They chose to value her over Lindsey. Even though Stevie had abandoned them and she was not wanting to tour (hence Buckingham McVie). They should have showed Stevie the door and went with Lindsey, like Mick wanted him all those years ago. It was Lindsey's pleading that got them to accept Stevie. Lindsey was who they wanted. Stevie needs to remember that. It was Lindsey.

I'll just say it, after all this, a Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey and without Stevie is very doable to me. I wouldn't have ever said that before but I think it's time to tell Stevie to drop the diva drama or it's goodbye.
    I have lost so much respect for her. I always knew she had an ego and she often came off as self-absorbed, but it never even freaking occurred to me that she would reach down and slice Lindsey's tendon right as the band were about to take their victory lap.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

I believe that Stevie had become accustomed to being surrounded only by "yes" people, and had decided that she was going to remove from her life anyone who presumed to challenge her.
    This makes me think about the interview where the writer noted that Stevie had dated JD, Henley, and Joe. He asked her , "Why no Frey?", and she replied that Glenn had called her "spoiled". Yep. Bingo.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."