Page 145 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    This makes me think about the interview where the writer noted that Stevie had dated JD, Henley, and Joe. He asked her , "Why no Frey?", and she replied that Glenn had called her "spoiled". Yep. Bingo.
    Thanks. I've always wondered that. Made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have lost so much respect for her. I always knew she had an ego and she often came off as self-absorbed, but it never even freaking occurred to me that she would reach down and slice Lindsey's tendon right as the band were about to take their victory lap.
    It makes me so mad.

Again, i was such a huge fan of hers, but I cannot stand how she has treated Lindsey and now looking back, how she can be such a diva/drama queen (hindisght is always 20/20). It never occurred to me either that she could/would do this.

Lindsey is hands down one of the most underrated guitarists in the world, and his vocals and arrangements are as well.

I'm so glad I saw FM before all this. I am just so upset at this and at the whole Eagles thing. It sucks that two of my most favorite bands have had these things happen. It just sucks.

I've always wanted to see Stevie solo, but after this I don't know that I can. Same with DH. It just doesn't sit well with me. That said, I'd see them solo way before I'd ever see those two bands again.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I'm so glad I saw FM before all this. I am just so upset at this and at the whole Eagles thing. It sucks that two of my most favorite bands have had these things happen. It just sucks.
    I know, right?? I used to think, "At least I have Fleetwood Mac." Now... nothing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very much disillusioned with Stevie here, too.

And the so-called Eagles.

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I know, right?? I used to think, "At least I have Fleetwood Mac." Now... nothing.
    Exactly.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I have lost so much respect for her. I always knew she had an ego and she often came off as self-absorbed, but it never even freaking occurred to me that she would reach down and slice Lindsey's tendon right as the band were about to take their victory lap.
    AMEN AND EXACTLY!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Rolling Stone posted an interview with Mick Fleetwood where he says Lindsey will never be part of Fleetwood Mac again.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ingham-938279/

Do you see any scenario where you’d ever play with Lindsey Buckingham again?

No. Fleetwood Mac is a strange creature. We’re very, very committed to Neil and Mike, and that passed away a time ago, when Lindsey left. And it’s not a point of conversation, so I have to say no. It’s a full drama of Fleetwood Mac, no doubt. His legacy is alive and well, and as it should be. A major, major part that will never be taken away, and never be down-spoken by any of us. Neil and Mike have tremendous respect for Lindsey. The situation was no secret. We were not happy. It was not working, and we parted company. And that really is the all of it.

Have you spoken to Lindsey since his heart attack?
    I have not.

Ya I saw that. That’s sour no? “Never be down spoken” well.... and you haven’t talked to him since the his heart attack. Must’ve been some blowout! Even Hetfield reached out to Mustaine when he got diagnosed with throat cancer. That’s sad. Another band (Mac) I never got to see. Was hoping maybe. What a shame to say the least.

To tell the truth. I really don't want Lindsey back with Fleetwood Mac especially after how they treated him before and after his heart attack.

I'm not surprised they haven't talked to him since the heart attack because they did talk mess about Lindsey while he was down. IMO. They really didn't care. Mick just wanted the fans to see that he cared about Lindsey and checking up on him, but later (I think it was a couple weeks after his surgery) you were talking bad about him when he was super down.

I can't wait to hear about Lindsey's comeback.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-31-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

That sucks. So cold not to reach out to him after he almost died! Disgusting.

And yet if Stevie and Lindsey said yes to a Rumours 5 reunion, health permitting, he would eat those words faster than you could say $epic payday$.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten