Page 97 of 148 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

I'm the kind of fan who will buy the album regardless, but... I'm not a huge fan of this first single. I don't like all the sound effects and I especially hate the Big Love-esque fake female orgasm sounds which are really just Lindsey altering his own voice. Why does he think that is cool???

All I want is a good melody. Enough with the gimmicky stuff.

I also wonder where Christine is. This is being marketed as a duets album, but the harmonies and "female" grunts seem to be done by Lindsey himself.

Well, I know "Sleeping Around the Corner" is better, so... hopefully the rest of the songs will be more like that. I'm also interested to hear Christine's contributions.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    I like your concert setlist suggestions, Soda! It would be fun, if "Go Insane" was in there somehow. I'm referring to the one from like 2008/2009 that was more similar to the album version, not the solo guitar one.
    How could I forget that? I'm sure it'll be included, although perhaps the acoustic version.

Do you think that they may sell out quickly for those locations or no? I know that Henley didn't sell out at the Greek Theater in Berkeley, CA last July.
    I don't know. Neither one of them is a "name" by themselves although they're charging $150 and marketing themselves as Fleetwood Mac Lite.

I just tried to get tickets in a presale and came up empty in terms of good seats, but we'll see what happens in the general sale.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

I was fortunate to get 4th row in the center section in Nashville. The first few minutes of the presale didn't have any great seats pop up. Then I checked back later and they had them for sale on the map. This will be the first time I've been to that new amphitheater.

Fantastic! Congrats!

Love the Desperado theme, BTW.

Do you think Lindsey will stay on the right, if facing him? To clarify, that would mean he would be on his own left facing the audience. I will more than likely get tickets towards a side, since center is always more expensive. They'll be either $40 or $60, but I'm leaning towards $60.

Quick EDIT: Are Lindsey solo tickets cheaper than this? Are they still general admission? I've read through his thread here, so I don't know if it's changed.

I'm almost positive Lindsey will stay in his usual spot - our right, his left. He is a creature of habit. I could be wrong, but that's your best bet.

Lindsey solo tickets were half as much, even a third as much in some cases - but that was in 2012 during his last solo tour. Whether or not they were GA depended on the venue.

For anyone interested in participating in Record Store Day tomorrow, there are two FM-related offerings:

Fleetwood Mac's Alternate Mirage
    Stevie Nicks' Rarities

Link to "Feel About You" -
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pr...ut-you-w478996

YouTube Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5XqijTjMzA

I like it, but I read other comments saying it's too simple or too polished. Anyways, I like the 1950s vibe to it, since I'm a sucker for songs from that era. June 9th can't come soon enough, since I will buy this no matter what the other songs sound like.

I find it somewhat funny that this is probably another Buckingham solo record that got turned into FM/Christine project. Tango and Say You Will, haha. Well, at least he has a lot of material in him to churn out music.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I like it alot. And I like In My World even more. I'm really looking forward to the album.

It does sound quite like a Lindsey solo album with Christine on it, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Youtube is now playing an outtake from Christine's 'In the Meantime' which I really like. So, quite a few new and new to me FM-related songs today.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

"In My World" is really growing on me too. Still not a fan of the somewhat dinky production.