Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quotable Frey

Default Re: Quotable Frey

I think I get what you mean, Julie. It is unusual for a maganzine writer to make such an effort to convey dialect that he leaves off the "d" in "and" so it takes one by surprise. I'm sure no one here has any problem with Glenn's speech at all. Quite the opposite!

~

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I posted that quote because I thought it was funny and cute. IMO, the reason it is funny and cute is because it so beautifully characterizes how young, cool, male 70's rock stars acted. I'm sure you would never hear anything like that come out of Glenn's mouth today. As a matter of fact, he'd probably do one of those huge eyerolls if someone showed it to him. I'm sure I said things in my younger days that I'd do the same. The difference is I'm not famous so no one bothered to quote me.

In any event, it's just a quote. I'm sure the writer must have gotten some feedback at the time if Glenn had a problem with the way the writer represented him.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

My favorite part of that quote is the "when a man and his old lady don't make good love" analogy. It is indeed very seventies cool!

~

BTW, since we're doing favorite quotes, one of my favorites - besides the sweaty orgasm one - is:

"Except for a few guitar chords everything I've learned in my life that is of any value I've learned from women." (Interview Magazine 1986)

Nice!

~

My favorite part of that quote is the "when a man and his old lady don't make good love" analogy. It is indeed very seventies cool!
    That's what I mean, Nancy! Can you imagine Glenn (or anyone else for that matter) making that same comment today?

And then, the quote you posted about learning everything of value from women - see how much Glenn wised up in such a short time. What a difference a decade makes!

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

I found this today.

"Former Eagle Glenn Frey, now a solo artist, in a Circus Magazine exclusive, about how he's taking care of himself now that he's settled down and become a married man: "I've cut down on my monstering a little bit; I'll let you decide what monstering means. To me, it's imbibing things to change your chemistry, make you feel good, make you smart or make you dumb! You know, someone once made the joke, 'When you're young, you bounce back and when you're old, you just lay there and groan loudly.'"

"You just pick your party spots a little more selectively. You know, as one of the authors of 'Life In The Fast Lane', I did everything all of the time! And, it still wasn't enough. But, now, I just sort of pick my spots."

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Haha! At least Glenn admits he was a wild man! And is smart enough to now take it easy!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hmmm - I wonder if Glenn is still picking his spots!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for the quotes, GEF. Glad the guy toned it down or he probably would be in pretty bad shape nowadays. Just look at some of his contemporaries - the ones that are still alive, that is!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Re changing his chemistry... did no-one ever tell him it was perfect to begin with?

It's OK. I know what he means....