Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tribute Bands

Default Re: Tribute Bands

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    The closest I've ever been to an actual Eagle was a chance encounter with Bernie some years back in a small outlet mall in Franklin, TN.

Sounds like a story we want to hear!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Nothing special to it. Me and a friend were doing the yard sales in Franklin, which is upper-class suburb right outside of Nashville, and stopped in a little store to snoop around and Bernie was in there, snooping around too. I recognized him immediately but it's not my thing to walk up and say hi or anything like that, it's just gratifying enough for me to see them live and in person, lol. I was looking at a CD and he came over and asked me about it, to which I said the songs were my kind of music, country rock, and he agreed and talked a few minutes and I told him that his opinion counted big time with me. Then he grinned and said why? To which I said that I recognized him immediately and was honored to meet him. Then we talked about California and the years we both had lived there(during the oh-so-important time period), then we shook hands and went on our way. Just a small but memorable pit-stop in my road of life's pleasant moments.

Ok, back to the tribute band, 7 Bridges Road. I ordered 2 t-shirts over a week ago(like the design and might as well get in the right mood for the show)and Jason Manning aka Glenn Frey has emailed me twice, once to make sure the size and color info were correct and today to update me on the shipping. He was concerned about a delay but said they would be shipped priority Sat, to which I replied, there was no need for priority as I'm never in a hurry for stuff. He's about the only one who has his home in Texas, comes up here for the shows and all, the others live here. And he sure does sound like Glenn, so I figure at the show I can sit there with my eyes closed and not notice the difference, lol.

Especially since Bryan Wolski does Timmy and Randy and looks about as much like them as I do<G>. However, the drummer(Henley)resembles Don even to the haircut and Ray Neighbors(Joe)also looks somewhat like Joe and they're all in their 30's. The extra guy plays Joe Vitale. Interesting mix.....

This is the night, got the 7 Bridges t-shirts and we're going to leave in a few hours. It's about a 45 min drive from here, Kim's taking the pix, the guys in the band are familiar with my last name(it's a little unusual), lol, and said they'll come looking for us after the show. Ain't no big deal as most of the tribute bands mingle with the crowd after the show and all. It's over at 10 CST so I'll give my impressions of the 7 Bridges "Eagles"
    when we get back. Gonna be fun for sure!

I'm anxious to hear your review P47.
    ~ Cathy ~

What a show! It was rocking! First off, none of the guys look remotely like their "other" self except possibly Keith/Henley. But I'm here to tell you all, Bryan Wolski/Timmy-Randy, nailed Take It To The Limit. I was looking straight at him, had a good 2nd row, almost center table, when he sang it and I thought it was Randy I was hearing. Every note, every high note, right on the head! He brought the house down with it. Jason/Glenn had all of his facial expressions, lol, and a lot of his moves down pat. Kevin, who replaced Ray/Joe, also came very close and his guitar playing was great. Doug/Felder only played and sang harmony and also had some wicked guitar licks. Keith/Henley did a good job on Henley's songs and when he came to the line in Life In The Fast Lane where Don says I didn't see a G..D...thing, he changed it to I didn't see a single thing and rolled on smoothly. He drums like Don too, got the facial expressions down<G>. Vernon/Vitale on keyboards and harmony. They did a lot of the '70s songs that the guys have dropped from their set list but all of us remembered so well. The harmonizing on 7 Bridges Road was flawless. All in all, a great show and I'll be going back to see them again as they will have 2 Nashville shows this summer. If any of you get a chance to see an Eagles tribute band, I'd recommend it.

Thanks for reporting back so soon. Glad you enjoyed them. I don't understand though, if none of them looks like the Eagle they are portraying, why bother with the facial expressions at all? Did it help them come across as looking more like 'their' Eagle?
    ~ Cathy ~

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for your review, pueblo and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I enjoyed the tribute band I went to see as well. Although, they are, obviously, not the real deal, I think these tribute bands do have their place for fans who want to enjoy the music in a live setting, but are unable to see the real deal.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Thanks for reporting back so soon. Glad you enjoyed them. I don't understand though, if none of them looks like the Eagle they are portraying, why bother with the facial expressions at all? Did it help them come across as looking more like 'their' Eagle?
    Guess they were getting into it, they so obviously love the music, and for someone who watches the Eagles on a daily basis(me with all the dvds)the individual expressions identified them easily(although Joe is a lot harder to achieve<G>). These guys have done their homework well and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for your review, pueblo and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I enjoyed the tribute band I went to see as well. Although, they are, obviously, not the real deal, I think these tribute bands do have their place for fans who want to enjoy the music in a live setting, but are unable to see the real deal.
    The thing for me was the unexpected perfection of "Randy's" vocals. He got a standing ovation, well deserved. And "Joe" also did a nearly perfect version of his voice and great guitar work.