Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef

Default Top Chef

I'm not really into cooking shows in general, but I'm currently watching a "Top Chef" marathon on Bravo and it's really interesting! Any other fans?

BTW, the next challenge involves the Foo Fighters as guest tasters. To help the chefs plan the meal, they each get a copy of the Foo Fighters' concert rider! lol! Wouldn't it be a hoot to see the Eagles do something like that?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Top Chef

We don't have 'Top Chef' here Soda, but it sounds interesting! The idea of the Eagles as tasters is very good. The dishes could be named after them as well, or the courses!

By the way, lovely Christmas background! Well done! And congratulations on 7000 posts!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks GA!

"Top Chef" is a competitive reality show. They start out with 15 chefs, then eliminate one every week until they get down to one "top chef." Every week, they are issued cooking challenges and their dishes are judged with regard to taste, originality, presentation, etc.

In the Foo Fighters challenge, they were asked to prepare a Thanksgiving meal for the Foo Fighters and their entourage for them to eat before a concert. All they had to work with was one burner and toaster and microwave ovens! They were broken down into two teams, with each member of the team in charge of a certain part of the meal. One made banana smores per the rider's request for chocolate and bananas, one made vegan stuffing per the rider's request for something for their vegetarians... interesting stuff!

I wonder what our guys would like? Timothy some kind of fat-free organic plant food, lol. Joe probably goes for the all-American style food - burgers, hot dogs, etc. Don would be rockin' the Texas barbecue, I bet. As for Glenn... anything that goes with red wine.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Love that show when I catch it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Maybe they would like the Loosen My Load Muffins and other recipes on the What's for Dinner thread!

We have something the same.. It only calls "Wie is de chef" (means: "Who's the chef") and it would be indeed a great idea to have the Eagles as tasters!

Soda, maybe you can write a letter to Bravo and ask if they want to invite the Eagles and ask if you also can come of course.
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks GA!

"Top Chef" is a competitive reality show. They start out with 15 chefs, then eliminate one every week until they get down to one "top chef." Every week, they are issued cooking challenges and their dishes are judged with regard to taste, originality, presentation, etc.

In the Foo Fighters challenge, they were asked to prepare a Thanksgiving meal for the Foo Fighters and their entourage for them to eat before a concert. All they had to work with was one burner and toaster and microwave ovens! They were broken down into two teams, with each member of the team in charge of a certain part of the meal. One made banana smores per the rider's request for chocolate and bananas, one made vegan stuffing per the rider's request for something for their vegetarians... interesting stuff!

Like a nice steak cooked to perfection.......(Has anyone ever told him that I can cook a mean steak?? )
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Didn't I post an Eagles rider here? I have one that really goes into detail about their preferences (DEMANDS) about cuisine. I know I posted it somewhere. Thought it was here.

MikeA