Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter Noone/Herman's Hermits

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Seeing one of my 60's Idols tonight!

I can only think that he is referring to the Eagles covering How Long, in which case what he said is incorrect. An artist who does reuse some of his lyrics is Van Morrison. I was listening to The Healing Game last night and he uses the phrase 'backstreet jellyroll' which also appeared in And The Healing Has Begun (note similar song title). Another example I guess is the use of the phrase 'she loves you yeah yeah yeah' in All You Need Is Love. To me, that's what reusing lyrics is. Doing a cover version is entirely different.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Hey Stars--how exciting for you. How did Peter look? Did you get any pictures? I always thought he had the cutest smile!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Glad you enjoyed the concert Stars!

I loved all those old songs back in the day, too! And Peter was my fave! I'd love to see your pics, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hey TBF! Peter looked GREAT! He still has that wonderful smile, and at age 61, he still retains that youthful look-kinda like our guys!
    My hubby took plenty of pictures and some turned out great! I sure wish I knew how to post them-I am so computer illiterate! If it wasn't for Troub helping me, I wouldn't even have an av!
    Brooke, did you ever go see Herman's Hermits back in the day? I went to see them for the first time in 1965! I still remember it very clearly-quite an exciting day for a 13 year old girl, in love with a bloke from Manchester!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    Brooke, did you ever go see Herman's Hermits back in the day? I went to see them for the first time in 1965! I still remember it very clearly-quite an exciting day for a 13 year old girl, in love with a bloke from Manchester!
    No Stars, I never had the opportunity. I lived in the boondocks in the Midwest and we didn't even know about going to concerts back then. I still live in those same boondocks, but am much more worldly now! Thank goodness!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    Hey TBF! Peter looked GREAT! He still has that wonderful smile, and at age 61, he still retains that youthful look-kinda like our guys!
    My hubby took plenty of pictures and some turned out great! I sure wish I knew how to post them-I am so computer illiterate! If it wasn't for Troub helping me, I wouldn't even have an av!
    Hey Stars,
    Since your camera is digital, someone (not me or you) should be able to download them onto your computer--if not your hubby or your son, then maybe a neighbor with an elementary-school-aged child or older..lol. Then, if you ask Ticky very nicely and promise her she'll be the first or second or third person to view them, she can probably post them onto this site faster than you can blink an eye!