Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could ask the Eagles to sing any Eagles song, what would it be?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default If you could ask the Eagles to sing any Eagles song, what would it be?

Let's say you've won a contest and the prize is that you get to pick any Eagles song for the Eagles to sing at a show. It doesn't matter if they've never done it live before, they have to perform whatever song in their catalog that you request. What would it be?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: If you an Eagle sing any of his songs, what would it be?

This is HARD. I'll go with my first instinct though, and say that I would love to hear them do The Last Resort live now. It was one of the songs that started my love for The Eagles and Don, and it still has the same effect on me. Love the lyrics, love Don's voice, and I would no doubt cry my eyes out!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Default Re: If you could ask the Eagles to sing any Eagles song, what would it be?

I know, it's hard for me to even answer my own question!

I think I'd go with What Do I Do with My Heart, because it's right up there with Waiting in the Weeds as my fave on the new album and I'd love to hear how it sounds live.

Default Re: If you could ask the Eagles to sing any Eagles song, what would it be?

So far, I agree with both of you. Those two songs entered my mind as definitely in the running. But, I think I'm going to go with You Never Cry Like a Lover. No, maybe Ol' 55. Well, let's just say one of those two, depending on my mood that day. That's the best I can do!

well - in keeping with the Christmas holiday - and I don't really care WHAT time of year it was - I would love to hear Don and the boys sing Please Come Home for Christmas. He would only have to ask me once .... "PLLEEEEEEAAASE come home for Christmas..... if not for Christmas, by New Years Night" LOL

I would have to say "The Best of My Love", although "Ol 55" would be a close second (EV, that is a favorite of mine too!)
    I love the harmonies in "Best of My Love", and in "Ol 55", I love how Glenn and Don trade parts. When Don comes in on "Stars beginning to fade", I start to swoon!

Out on the Border

Wink Re: If you could ask the Eagles to sing any Eagles song, what would it be?

No second thought. Peaceful easy feeling!

I'd have to agree with Seven Bridges Road...followed by Wasted Time, In The City and New York Minute.
    I just need a little downtime.........

I'd have to ask them to sing Out Of Control, Last Resort, Outlaw Man, King Of Hollywood, Teenage Jail, and The Greeks Don't Want Know Freaks, and Seven Bridges Road, and Hole In The World. Is that too many to ask for?
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Quote Originally Posted by waynemills View Post
    No second thought. Peaceful easy feeling!
    Ah, how I love that song!

And welcome, Wayne!