Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you could ask Glenn to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: If you could ask Glenn to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it

Well, I thought I'd go ahead and list some of the other songs that I would love to see Glenn perform live. I'm like FP in that there is no way I can pick just a few songs - the real answer is that I would love to have him perform his entire solo catalog (and then some). When I started to compile my list, I decided to try to limit it to ten songs, but then, I just wasn't able to do it. River of Dreams doesn't count since I already picked that as my No. 1 choice. I also didn't include anything that I have been lucky enough to see live. These are in no particular order, but IMHO, would make one helluva setlist for a solo show.

1. Partytown
    2. I Volunteer
    3. All Those Lies
    4. The Allnighter
    5. Soul Searchin'
    6. True Love
    7. Part of Me, Part of You
    8. I've Got Mine
    9. Love In the 21st Century
    10. Before the Ship Goes Down
    11. This Way To Happiness
    12. Common Ground
    13. Wild Mountain Thyme
    14. My Girl

ETA: Oh crap - I forgot to include 'Such a Lovely Child' on my list!
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 12-27-2008 at 04:27 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: If you could ask Glenn to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it

I've enjoyed reading everyone's picks and forgot to pick any of my own.

1. POMPOY- Of course!
    2. Partytown
    3. I've Got Mine- Love the guitar solo.
    4. My Girl- So sweet
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

When it comes to covers, I LONG to hear My Girl! I was so bummed when he didn't do it in Cincinnati!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I think Dreamer's setlist above would be wonderful although I notice she doesn't include my 'big ballads' Let's Go Home or A Walk In The Dark (I know how slow they are). He could do a great deal worse than this and if he added some Eagles songs to it (which of course he would) that would be heaven. I would want him to do the LROOE songs he sings which it appears will never be performed live by the band.

Love your new signature FP!

I would love love love to hear Glenn sing True Love. I don't know what it is about this song but i've been listening to it over and over the last couple of weeks. Also, I Got Love and POMPOY are definitely on my list too.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border

You can see True Love in Dublin. It rocks. I do have a live version of I Got Love which easily surpasses the original, a song which I don't much like.

The first Glenn song I heard this year was Flip City. Nobody knows about that except real hardcore fans. It would be utterly amazing to hear it live.

Another one which would probably work well is I Did It For Your Love, as it becomes so dramatic as it progresses.

FP,
    The first time I heard "Flip City" was on the Ghostbusters II soundtrack. This was in 1989, when my son was 4 years old, and was crazy about Ghostbusters, collecting all the figures, seeing the movie, and of course getting the soundtrack. I remember listening to "Flip City" with him over and over, and that was our favorite track on the album!
    At that point, I knew that Glenn Frey was one of the Eagles, but I wasn't familiar with any other of his solo material. Little did I know how that would change nearly 20 years later!

Stuck on the Border

That is so cool, Stars. I'm glad you like it. I think it's a remarkable song. The chorus is awesome. I like how staccato it is: 'you/say/it/ain't/true/what/can/I/do/now...' He sings so sweet given that it rocks so hard. I never fail to be blown away by the 'I wanna know WHY' at the end.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    FP,
    The first time I heard "Flip City" was on the Ghostbusters II soundtrack. This was in 1989, when my son was 4 years old, and was crazy about Ghostbusters, collecting all the figures, seeing the movie, and of course getting the soundtrack. I remember listening to "Flip City" with him over and over, and that was our favorite track on the album!
    At that point, I knew that Glenn Frey was one of the Eagles, but I wasn't familiar with any other of his solo material. Little did I know how that would change nearly 20 years later!
    Tell me about it Stars!! I knew quite a number of Glenn 's popular songs in the 80's, but had never seen him live. ONE trip to an Eagles concert, again 20 years later changed everything for me too!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP