Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could ask Don to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be?

Default Re: If you could ask Don to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

I would hear these songs:
    New York Minute
    Come Rain and Come Shine
    Heart of the Matter
    Talking to the Moon
    Boys of Summer
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Default Re: If you could ask Don to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

I'm reviving this thread since Don's doing solo shows at the moment. He's currently doing Heart of the Matter

In addition to what he's currently performing, I'd love to hear Come Rain or Come Shine.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Yes, that song is SEXY!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Leather & Lace with Stevie Nicks.

If that's not solo enough, Goodbye to a River.
    <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/wkc814/Signature%20Banners/fwhugsig-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...fwhugsig-1.jpg</a>

I feel so fortunate to have gotten to hear Leather and Lace live with Don and Stevie. It was amazing!

I'm still wishing to hear him sing Talking to the Moon...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wow I can't believe I haven't responded yet to this thread.... There are so many songs that I would love to hear Don sing. I have been lucky enough to hear him perform all his hits, but there are a few others that I would love to hear...

1) Talking to the Moon
    2) Come Rain or Come Shine
    3) You don't know me at all
    4) Everybody Knows
    5) I will not go quietly
    6) Taking you home

I am sure there are many that I haven't thought of yet, but these are the ones on the top of my head. I really love when Don sings an emotional song. He does it so amazingly that it just takes my breath away.

With that said, I would could sit and hear Don sing the phone book and I would be a very happy girl

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Leather & Lace with Stevie Nicks.

If that's not solo enough, Goodbye to a River.
    Yes please to both of those. Love Goodbye to a River.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - it's been almost three years ago when I posted in this thread, and at the time I had never seen Don in a live solo show. That has been rectified since then, and I got to hear 4 of the songs on my original list. One song that I didn't have on my list that I really enjoyed hearing live was Everybody Wants to Rule the World. Somebody mentioned on the board recently that Don's cover of the song is better than the original and I think I'd agree - it was awesome! Still would love to see Don and Stevie perform Leather and Lace, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

I would ask Don to sing The End of the Innocence. It's nice. Also, I like Bruce Hornsby's piano - not that Don might have Bruce Hornsby with him at any given time. lol.

I whole-heartedly agree with "Come Rain Or Come Shine" and I was thinking that before I even saw others had chosen that song. It's one of those standards that, when done with real heart and soul, is very moving and Don has a natural ability to pour his heart and soul into a number like that. I'm sure I can think of others but this is the FIRST one that comes to mind.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love