Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could ask Joe to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default If you could ask Joe to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be?

After Soda started a similar thread about the Eagles, I thought it would be fun to have a topic for all of the guys. The only difference is that you can include Joe's solo material or covers. Gotta get back to ya on my answer.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: If you could ask Joe to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

I'd say Walk Away
    Last edited by EagleLady; 12-23-2008 at 12:50 AM.

Default Re: If you could ask Joe to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

Indian Summer.

That one was EASY for me. "The Confessor". I've seen him do that one acoustically and it is without doubt an incredible thing to see and hear!

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

All of you that know what I did during Joe Walsh Survivor are going to laugh or want to kill me one, but I would love to see him do Help Me Through The Night. Ordinary Average Guy would be fun also.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'd love to see him play Help Me Through The Night, Rosewood Bitters or Falling Down.

(Good topic!)
    "Burning the candle at both ends, twice the light in half the time..."

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    All of you that know what I did during Joe Walsh Survivor are going to laugh or want to kill me one, but I would love to see him do Help Me Through The Night. Ordinary Average Guy would be fun also.
    Ahem, let's not even go there Willie!

The sad thing about this is I saw Joe August of 2007 at the Illinois State Fair, but I wasn't familiar with his solo stuff at the time. I don't even remember the set list! I do remember before we drove over there I was playing just his stuff from HFO and F1. I had already fallen in love with Help Me Thru the Night and I know for a fact that he did not do that one. I think he did Pretty Maids All in A Row. Before we took off for the fair we stopped and bought Joe Walsh's Greatest Hits:Little Did He Know, and listened to it on the drive over. I do remember him doing Life In the Fast Lane, but he did not do the vocal. He had a male backup singer do it. And I'm sure he did Walk Away, my favorite Joe song.

Anyway, I would like to hear Help Me Thru the Night and perhaps Tend My Garden - I like that one.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Oh, Tend My Garden is a good one. I have a recording from the 2007 (or was it 2001) tour where he plays that and it's fantastic. Not quiet the same as actually being there to see it, but hearing it being played live is neat! That would have to go on the wish list too.
    "Burning the candle at both ends, twice the light in half the time..."

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

If I could ask Joe to play anything I'd want to hear Comin' Down acoustically. It's such a simple song, but really beautiful and the melody is almost sad.

But Tend My Garden is a very good choice also Indian Summer (after hearing it on the Steve Dahl show)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - I want to stick with just one song here as I did for the other guy. I saw Joe in Atlantic City in July '07 and he did most of all my favorite songs. Indian Summer was awesome, as were all of them. There were a few missing that I would like to have seen, and of those, the one I would have like to have seen most is Help Me Thru the Night.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016