Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could ask Joe to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be?

Default Re: If you could ask Joe to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Okay - I want to stick with just one song here as I did for the other guy. I saw Joe in Atlantic City in July '07 and he did most of all my favorite songs. Indian Summer was awesome, as were all of them. There were a few missing that I would like to have seen, and of those, the one I would have like to have seen most is Help Me Thru the Night.
    Dreamer, since you saw Joe only one month before I did there's a good chance the set list was the same or similar. You wouldn't happen to have that, would you?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: If you could ask Joe to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

Why, of course, we do, PM. Here is the thread:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=482

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Why, of course, we do, PM. Here is the thread:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=482
    Do you happen to remember the name of his band Dreamer? I've seen him twice fairly recently (3 and 4 years ago). He played the Hard Rock in Vegas with "Stone Temple Pilot". They were awesome! Then he played with Fox and Peters (i.e., The James Gang) at House of Blues at Mandalay Bay in Vegas.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border

I saw Help Me Through The Night in 1995 with the Eagles.

I would like Second Hand Store or Rosewood Bitters. However, I was listening to Welcome To The Club the other day. I think that is a good song which would work live.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Do you happen to remember the name of his band Dreamer? I've seen him twice fairly recently (3 and 4 years ago). He played the Hard Rock in Vegas with "Stone Temple Pilot". They were awesome! Then he played with Fox and Peters (i.e., The James Gang) at House of Blues at Mandalay Bay in Vegas.
    At the state fair Grand Funk Railroad was supposed to open for him, but after we purchased our tickets they cancelled (or something). I think the opening band was called JD and the Straight Shots or something like that. What was cool was during their set (and don't ask me what the song was) Joe, very unassumingly came out and played keyboard for them, stood up, gave a wave and left the stage. But I don't think they backed him up. I just can't remember!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I think Indian Summer is one of his better solo songs

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I think the opening band was called JD and the Straight Shots
    Straight Shots are a great Blues Band PM. They opened at Mandalay Bay for him with the James Gang! But at Hard Rock the year before, Stone Temple Pilots were his backing band and they were exceptional in their own right! I would recommend either of those bands as a GOOD OUTING even without Joe...but of course, Joe does add just a little exceptionalism himself! <smile>

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Mike, I don't recall Joe mentioning the name of the band. Quite honestly, I got the impression that it was just some musicians that Joe had put together for his 'mini tour'. He actually joked that he would introduce them, but he couldn't remember their names. He did introduce the musicians later in the show, but, again, I don't believe he mentioned any band name.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

For me, Turn to Stone. so awesome!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Mike, I don't recall Joe mentioning the name of the band. Quite honestly, I got the impression that it was just some musicians that Joe had put together for his 'mini tour'. He actually joked that he would introduce them, but he couldn't remember their names. He did introduce the musicians later in the show, but, again, I don't believe he mentioned any band name.
    Thanks Dreamer. I guess that's one of the great perks of fame...EVERYBODY knows your licks, still, it does take a little time to put together a group that is tight enough to put on a concert.

MikeA