Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas 2008

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Merry Christmas 2008

GEF, your hearth looks like its straight out of a Christmas card! While MY hubby is driving his dad home, let me too wish everyone a very Happy Christmas, and to those experiencing difficulties, you too are in my thoughts and prayers this special day!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

A belated Merry Christmas to everyone on the border, hope you have all had a lovely time and are stuffed still from your Christmas dinners!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

ticky, your daughter is adorable in that picture you posted. How cute!

And gef, your fireside scene is beautiful!

I wished everyone a Merry Christmas in another thread a few days ago, but since we now have this thread, here it is again! Hope everyone had a great time with family and friends.

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

A belated HAPPY HOLIDAYS from me too. I have eaten waaaay too much and am vowing to whip myself into shape - but not until the new year (which gives me a few more days of pigging out ).

Stuck on the Border

We had our usual Christmas with my daughter being given lots of Nintendo DS games and Roald Dahl DVDs. I got some books and T shirts and as usual gave my husband DVDs and a lovely set of brandy balloons. Yesterday (Boxing Day) we went to my mother's. We got her a new mini hi fi with an iPod dock so she was forced to listen to my Top 100 songs playlist. I hope all Borderers enjoyed Christmas.

Merry 3rd day of Christmas! (got to make something of it, lol)

We stayed at home and listened to Christmas songs and just had some nice diner that evening. And at Boxing Day we went out for diner with my grandmother to a Chinese restaurant. I didn't had a really great Christmas, because I was the days before Christmas really sick and didn't had engery enough to be really up at Christmas.

Oh and a tip,.. never go to a Chinese restaurant if you have problems with your stomach
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Awww, I'm sorry you were sick over Christmas, Mrs H.

I wasn't too well myself. Just a bit of a bug that made me not want to eat much. I LOVE the turkey, stuffing, noodles, and all the trimmings, but couldn't really over do it like normal. I guess in the end it was a good thing. Now I won't have to diet to get back to normal!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Aww, Danielle and Brooke, I hope you are bothe feeling better now.

Ticky, that is a gorgeous picture of Sarah in the snow.

I hope everybody here had a great Christmas and had plenty of time to enjoy the season.

Christmas morning the kids were up about 7:15 which was quite civilised. Theirmain presents which Santa left were DS consoles with 3 games each a Care Bear for Laura and 'Buzz LightYear' for Chris. As well as plenty of candy and other stocking fillers.

As once again Glenn failed to materialise in my stocking this year I was given a laptop from hubby and a Satnav from the kids. I spent much of the day cooking but the meal turned out well which I was thankful for.

Yesterday we went to my parents and collected even more pressies, most notable a Ticket master voucher for €100 from my parents and the HFO songbook from my sister. As well as a HUGE number of chocolates. Hubby's brother and his family came over last night. Today we just rested and I made soup out of the remaining Turkey and Ham, as we are tired of the same dinner 3 days in a row, but I will NOT waste food!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

GA, I got a new laptop too. And that Ticketmaster voucher sounds good! I've been exercising my brain trying to transfer my itunes, but have finally cracked it. We also have a new printer which is wireless - finally an end to transferring everything on a memory stick. I've finally got a dvd rewriter, so shouldn't have to rely on my son any more!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Well done on your laptop and other accessories GEF! I hope you get many years of success out of them, and that they make your cyber life less complicated.

Myself and the kids tried out the Satnav earlier. This girl gave directions in a rather 'cultured' and soothing voice. However she also kept cutting across 'The Best of Glenn Frey' much to Lauras annoyance. However she made a VERY good suggestion

'Mammy, its a pity we couldn't just get Glenn to do the directions on this'

I totally agree Laura!!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP