Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Have any of you ever walked into a store and an Eagles or solo song was playing? That happened to me today, and I was grinning from ear to ear!
    I walked into Staples to return something with my husband, and "Heart of the Matter" was playing. Best of all, it had just started, so I got to hear the entire song!
    I grabbed my husband's arm, and exclaimed, "Listen to what's playing!" He listened for second, and said, "Mmmm" and walked on! I am still not sure he even knew which song I was talking about!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

I had one experience in a supermarket when I heard True Love. I couldn't believe it, because the song was not a hit here.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh yeah Stars - I love it when this happens. Shortly before Christmas, I was in Target and heard New Kid In Town. I am so pathetic that I have my own personal rule when this happens - I am not allowed to leave the premises until the song is finished.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Oh yeah Stars - I love it when this happens. Shortly before Christmas, I was in Target and heard New Kid In Town. I am so pathetic that I have my own personal rule when this happens - I am not allowed to leave the premises until the song is finished.
    Great way to honor the song, Dreamer!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It happens to me all the time Stars. I also have a policy that I must listen to the whole song before I leave the store!

My favorite time was either last year or the year before on my first Christmas shopping outing, I stopped at a cute shop and went in and Please Come Home For Christmas started playing. It just started the whole Christmas season out on the right 'note' for me. I'll never forget that.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

did you n=know the same thing happend to me thats creepy but a differt song.

Life's been good To Me So Far

auntmeda:}

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I heard New Kid in Town at Fashion Island twice, on Aug 19 and Sep 9. Did this place normally play Christmas music that time of year and for the sake of Eagles music decide to play "New Kid in Town" right then, because that is when they know good music.

My husband and I have been "dealing" with this furniture store since... uh, May? Anyway, what's good about going into this store is they have the most incredible music playing over the PA system. (Seriously, the first time we signed for this dang chair that might actually show up Monday, the salesman had to get my attention because I was grooving to Seger's "Breakdown", and they played Henley's "Boys of Summer" right after that.) So, we sign the final papers (please, let them be the final papers), get up to leave, and "Heartache Tonight" comes on.

So, hubby and I go spontaneous furniture shopping. When the song was almost over, husband whispers to me, "I'm not really looking to buy anything, I just wanted to hear the song." And I start laughing, because I was thinking the same thing!

Lol! Who knows, they might make a sale that way sometime!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I had one experience in a supermarket when I heard True Love. I couldn't believe it, because the song was not a hit here.
    That must have been really cool. I love your new signature Julie. It's so cool.

I was in Wally World a while back and I heard Sunset Grill and I went crazy. I was so happy to hear Don.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?