Page 1 of 213 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Have any of you ever walked into a store and an Eagles or solo song was playing? That happened to me today, and I was grinning from ear to ear!
    I walked into Staples to return something with my husband, and "Heart of the Matter" was playing. Best of all, it had just started, so I got to hear the entire song!
    I grabbed my husband's arm, and exclaimed, "Listen to what's playing!" He listened for second, and said, "Mmmm" and walked on! I am still not sure he even knew which song I was talking about!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

I had one experience in a supermarket when I heard True Love. I couldn't believe it, because the song was not a hit here.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh yeah Stars - I love it when this happens. Shortly before Christmas, I was in Target and heard New Kid In Town. I am so pathetic that I have my own personal rule when this happens - I am not allowed to leave the premises until the song is finished.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Oh yeah Stars - I love it when this happens. Shortly before Christmas, I was in Target and heard New Kid In Town. I am so pathetic that I have my own personal rule when this happens - I am not allowed to leave the premises until the song is finished.
    Great way to honor the song, Dreamer!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

It happens to me all the time Stars. I also have a policy that I must listen to the whole song before I leave the store!

My favorite time was either last year or the year before on my first Christmas shopping outing, I stopped at a cute shop and went in and Please Come Home For Christmas started playing. It just started the whole Christmas season out on the right 'note' for me. I'll never forget that.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

did you n=know the same thing happend to me thats creepy but a differt song.

Life's been good To Me So Far

auntmeda:}

My most recent unexpected Eagles song moments, were Desperado (followed by Tequila Sunrise) in the music store, HMV, and New Kid In Town in Pizza Hut. I love the idea of all of us refusing to leave the shop until the track's finished, despite the fact we've heard the song a million times! It's somehow more exciting when it's played unexpectedly in public.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I totally agree Troub. Now what would you do if the shop was playing a whole ALBUM, like what happened me in Borders last Summer??? They were playing the Complete Greatest Hits.

Well I just HAD to head upstairs to the coffee shop and remain there until the album was finished.

Laura and I also have a policy of calling each other if an Eagles or solo song is played on the radio. Drives hubby nuts!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

It happens rather often here. Just yesterday on a trip to the mall, I went into The Nostalgia Shop (which I do everytime I am there, and always purchase at least 1 Eagles or Eagles related pic) they were playing TITTL, then another and another. So when I went to checkout to buy my Eagles pic, I put my Eagles purse on the counter to get my wallet and told the girl that checked me out I liked the fact that they were playing Eagles greatest hits. She looked at what I was buying and my purse and started laughing and said she bet I did!

What's really bad is, like I posted a couple weeks ago in Things That Remind You Of, when you are setting in a restaurant and hear an Eagles song and someone from the kitchen opens the door and screams at you to ask if you are listening. One of the advantages (or disadvantages) of living in a small town where people all know each other.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

There's a sandwich shop in West Lafayette that is always playing Joe solo songs, and I once heard Take It Easy in there. The local O'Charley's plays solo Don songs quite a bit, especially End of the Innocence and Heart of the Matter. There's a shopping center on Chauncey Hill where I regularly hear songs like Already Gone, Heartache Tonight, and other of the Eagles' rockers blasted over the loudspeakers.

The most memorable moment like that was when I was walking through a mall one day feeling down about something, and I heard the opening "oooohs" of Part of Me, Part of You. I stopped short, looked up, and got the biggest smile on my face. My spirits lifted immediately. That's the power of good music; that's why we love these guys.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten