Page 80 of 213 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Our grocery check-out lanes in ShopRite have small video screens at the beginning, that usually play a useless TMZ celebrity interview or maybe a Jay Leno "Headlines" piece if I'm lucky. Imagine my surprise when Glenn's "Route 66" video was playing as I rolled my cart into the lane! Unfortunately, it was already about half over when I pulled up , but now I have something to potentially look forward to the next time I shop!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

ooh, very cool!!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well that makes standing in line a little easier!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Just got back from a Shawn Colvin concert. She put on a good show, even though the audience was pretty lackluster.

Anyway, the highlight of the show for me was when she paused during of one of her songs and talked about how it was mostly two simple chords and how many songs you could make with the same chords. She segued her song into "Put A Little Love In Your Heart", then into "Just My Imagination", then into "Beast of Burden." The next segue began with the line "I'm going back in time and it's a sweet dream". I squealed a little at that, then she went into the chorus of "Best of My Love," and finished off by blending right into "Heart of the Matter." She had the audience singing with her on that one (or tried to, anyway).

When she finished, she gushed "I love Don Henley!"

To top off the evening, as my husband and I walked back to the car, we passed a bar with an outdoor stage. A singer with an acoustic guitar was doing a rousing version of "Take It Easy." I sang along as we passed by. I swear, the dozen people in the bar had more energy than the entire audience at the Colvin show. Poor Shawn.

Hmm, I wonder what it is that makes an audience "buzz" or "lacklustre".

After all, everybody pays for a ticket so presumably they all wanted to be there in the first place...
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

I was at my sister's house last night...she was watching a Nascar race so I read...several times I saw a commercial and the music in it was The Heat Is On...I was so excited to hear it...but for the life of me I can't remember what the commercial was for!! oh well

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I was at my sister's house last night...she was watching a Nascar race so I read...several times I saw a commercial and the music in it was The Heat Is On...I was so excited to hear it...but for the life of me I can't remember what the commercial was for!! oh well
    It was promoting NASCAR itself.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    It was promoting NASCAR itself.
    You've seen it...are you a Nascar fan?...I'd rather just hear the Glenn Frey music!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    You've seen it...are you a Nascar fan?...I'd rather just hear the Glenn Frey music!!
    I used to be but then Rusty Wallace (#2) retired.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    Just got back from a Shawn Colvin concert. She put on a good show, even though the audience was pretty lackluster.

Anyway, the highlight of the show for me was when she paused during of one of her songs and talked about how it was mostly two simple chords and how many songs you could make with the same chords. She segued her song into "Put A Little Love In Your Heart", then into "Just My Imagination", then into "Beast of Burden." The next segue began with the line "I'm going back in time and it's a sweet dream". I squealed a little at that, then she went into the chorus of "Best of My Love," and finished off by blending right into "Heart of the Matter." She had the audience singing with her on that one (or tried to, anyway).

When she finished, she gushed "I love Don Henley!"

To top off the evening, as my husband and I walked back to the car, we passed a bar with an outdoor stage. A singer with an acoustic guitar was doing a rousing version of "Take It Easy." I sang along as we passed by. I swear, the dozen people in the bar had more energy than the entire audience at the Colvin show. Poor Shawn.
    Lots of cool Eagles moments - can't fault Shawn's taste!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten