Page 166 of 213 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

My mom, sister and I were running errands and got to talking about Glenn and the Eagles in the car as we were flipping through radio stations. Literally right after we finished talking about them, Smuggler's Blues came on. I like to think that was Glenn saying "I see you down there talking about me!"
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Banned

This was unexpected!
    Tina Turner from 1977, before her career resurrection in the early 80s, when the Heaven 17 guys liberated her from cabaret hell;

Life In The Fast Lane
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0mOl94tuD4

Waiting outside the terminal at the airport when I heard "The End of the Innocence." Bruce Hornsby's piano intro is unmistakeable, and so is Don's voice.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I heard part of Leather and Lace on the radio today. I heard Stevie's voice first, I thought it was her but wasn't completely sure, but then Don's voice came in. I knew straight away who it was!

Border Desperado

I heard Hotel California on my daughter's iPhone while we were driving home from after running some errands!! I knew she had the song on her phone (my doing ) but I don't think I've ever heard her play it before. Certainly not in the car.

When I commented, she acted a bit surprised and told me, "I like the Eagles, just not as much as you." I thought maybe she was just trying to get me a good mood because she wanted me to buy her something. LOL. Seriously it made my day

Stuck on the Border

KISS doing an Eagles song was rather unexpected! They got the intro wrong rhythmwise, but it's ok. I "misheard" it too initially.

It's obvious that KISS hadn't really rehearsed it that much and it's pretty bad. Especially Paul forgetting the lyrics.

Starts at 1:02 mark.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBelroOVFNA#t=128

Here you can hear Paul's nice comments about the song and Glenn when they've finished it, at 2:43 mark. Also (sort of) apologizes to the audience, because they did it so badly. I'm glad that Paul said "a great rock'n'roller" about Glenn, because Glenn loved rock'n'roll, but people usually associate the term only with Felder and Walsh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAQ73B5Ffxo
    Last edited by chaim; 04-03-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Thank you for posting that, Toni. It was wonderful to hear KISS praise both the song and Glenn. I enjoyed the performance too, even though they botched the lyrics (Well I'm running down the road... In Winslow Arizona ), I liked how they carried on with the song and then admitted that they'd messed up at the end, but the magic of the song and music itself still came through. I won't listen to this version over the original studio version or HFO or California Jam, but it did really make me smile, and although the performance was far from Eagles standard, the warmth and charm felt very genuine to me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very nice of them and too funny!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Paul has had serious issues with his voice. During one of the lines (I think it was "lighten up") his voice cracks badly. He looks really frustrated and stops singing for a few seconds. Perhaps Gene should have sung this - or maybe not, because he forgets even his own lyrics he has sung for decades!

I didn't know until recently how much Paul loves Glenn. Even Gene was about to cry when he spoke about Glenn on TV. Maybe it's partly the Detroit thing. KISS was popular there before they were popular anywhere else.
    Last edited by chaim; 04-05-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

"Instead of the Eagles, we sound like the Beagles." It's the thought that counts. They should've rehearsed it once or twice. I bet if Glenn, wherever he is now, heard this version of Take It Easy, he'd probably laugh that unmistakable laugh of his, and say something like "That's why the Eagles always rehearsed each new song 100 times." I'm not a KISS fan, but Paul and Gene scored a few points with me.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time