Page 118 of 213 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    In the grocery store today they played POMPOY. I couldn't believe it! I've never heard it played on the radio, never mind in a store. Halfway through, they cut into the song to make an announcement of someone parked illegally in the fire lane. I was more angry that they interrupted the song than the fire code violation!

I was so excited I immediately texted Soda. There was no doubt in my mind she'd be just as excited (and she was).
    OMG - I can't believe how shallow you two are! Of course, I would never fall prey to such a cheap thrill!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

LOL!!

Today I heard Boys Of Summer in my car and I was rocking out to it!! My dad was trying to get my attention when I was singing. How dare him ruin my fun. LOL

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Just to give you an idea of how short my commute to work is, as I was backing out of my driveway this morning, Peaceful Easy Feeling came on the radio. As I parked at work and shut the car off I heard, 'I get this feeling I may know you'. And no, I didn't have time to stay and listen to the end. Work was calling! Lol!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

As I left work this evening pulling out of the bank's parking garage, the most appropriate song came on the radio - Already Gone!
    Woo Hoo - just the way I felt leaving work!

This is a bit or a "reimagining" of this thread, but still counts as Eagles [influence] popping up in unexpected way...

The indie group, HAIM, a trio of sisters from L.A.. have long had comments that their music is tinged quite a bit with influences from the sounds of the mid/late-70s Southern California rock movement. They've also never been shy in saying they're big fans of the Eagles. From a 2009 interview:

We usually start with a melody. We really like… we usually start with the verse and the chorus usually comes last. We like things that are really rhythmic. We all play drums, so everything is very kind of rhymicky and snappy. We really love a good pop hook. ["The Wire"] was influenced by The Eagles, which is weird because people dis us for liking The Eagles. I love them.
    Well, their latest single released is "The Wire" (which I enjoy) and is is certainly VERY reminiscent of a certain Eagles' tune...Everytime it's played on radio or Sirius-XM, the Eagles are always mentioned. The debate is---it it an homage, or a ripoff?--you be the judge...

Take a listen here--the comments are funny, because they totally rip into the post's original writer for missing the Eagles' rhythm track---T.Rex, really?

Just nice to see the Eagles popping in hipster indie girl rock.

I actually heard "On The Border" on the radio today!...was very surprised...had never heard it on the radio before...

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    This is a bit or a "reimagining" of this thread, but still counts as Eagles [influence] popping up in unexpected way...

The indie group, HAIM, a trio of sisters from L.A.. have long had comments that their music is tinged quite a bit with influences from the sounds of the mid/late-70s Southern California rock movement. They've also never been shy in saying they're big fans of the Eagles. From a 2009 interview:

Well, their latest single released is "The Wire" (which I enjoy) and is is certainly VERY reminiscent of a certain Eagles' tune...Everytime it's played on radio or Sirius-XM, the Eagles are always mentioned. The debate is---it it an homage, or a ripoff?--you be the judge...

Take a listen here--the comments are funny, because they totally rip into the post's original writer for missing the Eagles' rhythm track---T.Rex, really?

Just nice to see the Eagles popping in hipster indie girl rock.
    Sounds like a bit of a rip off to me! At least they have taste.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I heard Boys of Summer on the car radio yesterday. It was number 5 in the top ten songs featuring 'summer' in the title. Clearly it should have been number 1!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well maybe #2 Troub! We'd want 'Long Hot Summer' to occupy the top.

As a matter of interest, what WAS #1? And did the songs have to have the word 'summer' in the title?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I heard "Boys of Summer" twice yesterday on the way home from work, 2 different radio stations. The song now makes me a little sad because it seems to signal the end of summer. Here they start playing the song alot in August so when I start hearing it in frequent rotation it means good bye summer. And I am definitely a beach/summer girl even with the horrendous Houston heat!
    But it is still my favorite DH solo song!!